Moto G Power / Moto G Stylus (2020)

Has anyone bought and activated one of the Moto G8 Models, specifically, the Moto G Power or Moto G Stylus on Sprint?   If so, I was wondering what your experience has been.  I'm considering upgrading my kids' Essential PH-1 phones with these since the camera and screen size is everything to them.

This device seems to have plenty of speed and storage, along with an SD card slot, which is welcomed.  Also loving that it has a headphone jack, which I am still a big fan of.  My only concern is potential poor RF performance and Lenovo's laziness in providing timely (or any) updates for their devices.

Please share if you have any experience with either device.  Thanks!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Finally got the fold in hand, and it's just phenomenal as I'd imagined. It truly is "next generation"  Btw, the radio performance on Sprint/TMobile has been quite good, heading out my GS20U+
    • So if anyone is wondering about the TMO and Shentel Deal. I got some what of an update today. Had an interesting day today not long before I went into work and when I was working. Saw a Technician out for Shentel using a Sprint truck looking at a a telephone line. I’m assuming they may be looking at putting up on the pole at some point. But stopped and talked a few minutes and asked what’s going on with the TMO and Shentel negations and alls he knew is that they didn’t take TMO up on the first offer they did for Shentel. And at work one of the Sprint Store workers came in and since the ones here work for Shentel I asked the same question. He said that Shentel had declined the first offer and that they are trying to negotiate a deal. He seemed like they will come to a good deal soon he hopes. 
    • Had an interesting day today not long before I went into work and when I was working. Saw a Technician out for Shentel using a Sprint truck looking at a a telephone line. I’m assuming they may be looking at putting up on the pole at some point. But stopped and talked a few minutes and asked what’s going on with the TMO and Shentel negations and alls he knew is that they didn’t take TMO up on the first offer they did for Shentel. And at work one of the Sprint Store workers came in and since the ones here work for Shentel I asked the same question. He said that Shentel had declined the first offer and that they are trying to negotiate a deal. He seemed like they will come to a good deal soon he hopes. 
    • Yup, in western PA and northeast Ohio, Sprint coverage blows away T-Mobile's. T-mobile seems to have built a barebones network just to claim coverage. In the Youngstown area I'd estimate that Sprint has 2x as many towers as T-mobile. Pittsburgh also has better site density and site placement. The only places I know where T-mobile has better coverage are along 376 between the 76-376 interchange near Beaver Falls and 224, and on the route northeast of Pittsburgh going up to I-80, where there is a 20 minute stretch of no Sprint service but T-mobile does. T-mobile built their network in this area to cover highways and major roads, but once you get off those, Sprint wins. Hopefully they keep most of the sites. Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    • Another one: https://www.fiercewireless.com/financial/softbank-to-sell-majority-stake-brightstar