Dish Network/Boost Mobile cell/5G buildout thread

PythonFanPA

https://www.lightreading.com/private-networks/dishs-private-5g-strategy-gets-clearer/d/d-id/777029?

This is how they will use some of their other spectrum, specifically 3.5GHz

23 hours ago, Yuhfhrh said:

Dish isn't launching any LTE, NR only, so there are barely any devices that support their SA bands with VoNR.

1) Depending on the device, it can be possible. There are a few phones that can aggregate 800-900MHz frequencies with 700MHz frequencies. n71_n26 may be possible in the future on large flagship devices that can afford the antenna spacing, or n26_n29. 600+700 doesn't look likely though.

2) In Vegas they have n71 and n66 live. In other cities that are starting to turn on, NR Sibs are just showing n71 for now.

Well shoot, I know they are 5G only.  Excuse the forgetfulness.  I guess just replace the B with N as you did there for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas L. said:

My market is on their list of 25 upcoming markets and I have a Pixel 6 Pro. I know it doesn't support n70 (I don't think anything does), but I'd love to test it out. 

I think some new motorola phones will be the first, XT2213 and XT2215  https://www.pcmag.com/news/fcc-tips-motorola-phones-with-special-dish-att-bands

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PythonFanPA said:

DISH Wireless Selects Samsung Electronics for 5G Open Radio Access Network Rollout

https://ir.dish.com/news-releases/news-release-details/dish-wireless-selects-samsung-electronics-5g-open-radio-access

Seems a little late for these type of announcements, at least for the 3 frequencies currently being used and their implimentation.  Of course this may be for the next phase of using all their frequencies: "The Samsung radios will also support all of DISH's Frequency Division Duplex (FDD) and Time Division Duplex (TDD) spectrum bands (including n71, n29, n66, n70, n48 and n77)."

• Like 1

The rest of the story with this deal appears here: https://www.fiercewireless.com/5g/dish-strikes-1b-deal-samsung-5g-vran-handsets:

"Samsung handsets in the mix

Besides network gear, Dish is lining up 5G devices from Samsung as well."

• Like 1

Image1

Project Genesis is live in your area!

We’re excited about your interest in the nation’s first Smart 5G™ network

Project Genesis 5G Smartphone
Blue circle with a 1 in the middle

Truly unlimited Smart 5GTM data, talk and text for $30/month with nationwide coverage

Green circle with a 2 in the middle

Access to the first smartphone certified for our cloud-native smart network — the ultra-fast motorola edge+ for $899.99

Orange circle with a 3 in the middle

White-glove experience with personalized onboarding, customer care, and in-person delivery

Project Genesis App

Get Rewarded with the Project Genesis App

Earn points by completing tasks to test the network, and get great rewards like free service, NFTs, and special gear

Compete with other Project Genesis users to climb the leaderboard and get rewarded for your participation

Share your experience and personally give feedback to our Project Genesis engineers

5G data may not be available outside of Project Genesis service areas.

Review the Terms and Conditions

• Like 1

motorola edge+

Handset Color

Cosmos Blue

Handset Memory Size

512 GB

MSRP

$899.99

Industry-leading Snapdragon® 8 performance
High-res 50MP ultra-wide and 60MP selfie cameras
Ultra-smooth 144 Hz display + Dolby Atmos audio

Unlimited Smart 5GTM

First of its kind in the U.S.

1. Project Genesis Smart 5G Unlimited Plan
    $30/ MO
    • Unlimited Mobile Data
    • Unlimited Talk & Text
    • Nationwide coverage
    • Earn NFTs and exclusive rewards

6 hours ago, 4GHoward said:
Image1

Project Genesis is live in your area!

We’re excited about your interest in the nation’s first Smart 5G™ network

Project Genesis 5G Smartphone

Truly unlimited Smart 5GTM data, talk and text for $30/month with nationwide coverage

Access to the first smartphone certified for our cloud-native smart network — the ultra-fast motorola edge+ for $899.99

White-glove experience with personalized onboarding, customer care, and in-person delivery

Project Genesis App

Get Rewarded with the Project Genesis App

Earn points by completing tasks to test the network, and get great rewards like free service, NFTs, and special gear

Compete with other Project Genesis users to climb the leaderboard and get rewarded for your participation

Share your experience and personally give feedback to our Project Genesis engineers

5G data may not be available outside of Project Genesis service areas.

Review the Terms and Conditions

What part of Texas does this cover?

31 minutes ago, dkyeager said:

What part of Texas does this cover?

No part of Texas quite yet. That is announcement offer for Las Vegas Market, and it will soon be for other markets as well including the Texas Markets.

11 minutes ago, 4GHoward said:

A lot of Dish sites here in Columbus OH. No Genesis notice yet. No new plmns either. Are you seeing a new plmn yet?

On my Samsung, I go to settings, connections, mobile networks, network operators. Then unchecked automatic and it will list the networks and plmns it sees. I currently have 8 total. With extra for T-Mobile, Sprint, and AT&T.

16 hours ago, dkyeager said:

A lot of Dish sites here in Columbus OH. No Genesis notice yet. No new plmns either. Are you seeing a new plmn yet?

Dish sites when turned on are broadcasting 313 340, so that's what you're looking for.

Dish.txt

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yuhfhrh said:

Dish sites when turned on are broadcasting 313 340, so that's what you're looking for.

Dish.txt 6.31 kB · 1 download

Yes, spotted that in Cellmapper around Las Vegas,  San Diego, and CO a while back iirc.  Good to know it is still the same.

Trying to get a feel for when they fir these sites up versus start the beta.

FAQs page says

"There are no data caps. This plan offers unlimited data, talk and text, which is of course subject to our terms and conditions (no BitTorrent please)." - lol

Also, Vegas customers are getting whiteglove treatment.  Pretty cool.

I wonder if the unlimited includes hotspot and if this $30 plan will be grandfathered in if it stays this price when my market launches.  I'd be willing to settle for this Moto phone while I wait for greater phone compatibility.

This is pretty exciting.  I need a new plan and was thinking of getting another 1yr pre-paid, but I am going to go month to month now.

Beings that they are testing their network with the S21 and S22, I really hope that they allow these devices.

Edited by red_dog007