Dish Network/Boost Mobile cell/5G buildout thread

PythonFanPA

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, PythonFanPA said:

Interesting.  They dislike T-Mobile that much huh?  Also, what does that mean for B26 spectrum?  Will they still be buying it?

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Just found 3 Dish Wireless permits in Louisville! Anyone know much about these radios? I'm curious what they will be broadcasting here. The full site plans are attached to the permit if anyone wants to see them, you'll have to create an account then just search cell tower permits under building permits here: https://aca-prod.accela.com/LJCMG/Login.aspx

PBearES.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mdob07 said:

Just found 3 Dish Wireless permits in Louisville! Anyone know much about these radios? I'm curious what they will be broadcasting here. The full site plans are attached to the permit if anyone wants to see them, you'll have to create an account then just search cell tower permits under building permits here: https://aca-prod.accela.com/LJCMG/Login.aspx

PBearES.png

Looks like they maybe actual sites, rather than just protection.  Very good.  Of course site density will tell the true story.  Hard not to be suspicious with all the games Dish has played with spectrum over the years.

8 hours ago, mdob07 said:

PBearES.png

Not super familiar with the radios, but those JMA fast roll off antennas are probably the nicest antennas on the market today. 

On 5/24/2021 at 1:21 PM, Paynefanbro said:

I'm glad someone can confirm these are dish cause I've been seeing these going up in north Denver and so far they are sharing with at&t site's but I'm sure they will share with anybody.  So is that a  n41 antenna? 

On 8/16/2021 at 3:33 AM, RAvirani said:

Not super familiar with the radios, but those JMA fast roll off antennas are probably the nicest antennas on the market today. 

So here in Denver there's some t mobile sites setups just like the new dish setups. 

• Like 1

On 8/15/2021 at 8:46 PM, mdob07 said:

PBearES.png

I might have answered my question about the radios. And I found a 4th permit tonight, and this one is a current Sprint tower.

Q3mrWgn.png

vwdOP20.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

DISH's Boost Mobile to acquire MVNO Gen Mobile to expand distribution, accelerate EBB growth and broaden its efforts to bridge the digital divide:

https://ir.dish.com/news-releases/news-release-details/dishs-boost-mobile-acquire-mvno-gen-mobile-expand-distribution

• 3 weeks later...

Dish moving into the Black Hills of South Dakota.......have seen 3 permits so far. Also, their are 5 NB-IOT sites that were put in back in 2019 that were basically part of a spectrum hold promise. I assume these sites will be transitioned as well. 

• Like 1

Yesterday Boost released the Celero 5G, made by WIngtech. Has a MTK Dimensity 700, a 6.5" screen, a big battery, and is $280 + tax including a year of unlimited Boost service. The current revision of the phone supports T-Mobile NR bands, precisely zero of which AT&T uses at the moment (unless AT&T is using n66 now and I missed it), and two of which (n66, n71) DishNet will use. There will be AT&T and DishNet specific versions of the Celero later.

I took this opportunity to grab my dad a new phone...and this will move him back from US Mobile on VZW on a Moto e4+. If the phone works well, I'll get one for my brother before the intro deal expires, upgrading his Moto G fast. I'll grab the DishNet variant when it's available, assuming that'll be the first phone that can do n70 (I assume it'll be able to do n26 and n29 as well, but we shall see).

• Like 1

On 10/1/2021 at 10:55 AM, iansltx said:

Yesterday Boost released the Celero 5G, made by WIngtech. Has a MTK Dimensity 700, a 6.5" screen, a big battery, and is $280 + tax including a year of unlimited Boost service. The current revision of the phone supports T-Mobile NR bands, precisely zero of which AT&T uses at the moment (unless AT&T is using n66 now and I missed it), and two of which (n66, n71) DishNet will use. There will be AT&T and DishNet specific versions of the Celero later.

I took this opportunity to grab my dad a new phone...and this will move him back from US Mobile on VZW on a Moto e4+. If the phone works well, I'll get one for my brother before the intro deal expires, upgrading his Moto G fast. I'll grab the DishNet variant when it's available, assuming that'll be the first phone that can do n70 (I assume it'll be able to do n26 and n29 as well, but we shall see).

You can see a reference to the Celero 5G on their website, but you are redirected if you click on it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been looking for permits for Dish and have found there seem to be more of them in outlying areas than I can find in areas around major cities.  For example, I've found none in Fairfax County VA, and fewer than a dozen in Montgomery County MD, but more than a dozen in Washington County MD (near Hagerstown) and others in places like Chesterfield County VA (near Richmond) but not in Hagerstown or Richmond.

- Trip