mdob07

Galaxy S20 Series Discussion

Mine says by Wednesday, (unlocked direct from Samsung) 

I don't know how much it matters to people but one of the things I'm looking forward to about these phones over my S10+ is the location of the NFC reader. On the S10+ it's in the middle of the phone on the back but on all of the S20's it's at the top of the phone.

It sounds stupid but if you've ever used iPhones for Apple Pay or even the Note 10, you'll understand that having the location of the NFC reader at the top of the phone makes it much easier to tap your phone for payments or public transportation. I'll no longer have to adjust my grip to pay by phone. 

• Like 3

I don't know how much it matters to people but one of the things I'm looking forward to about these phones over my S10+ is the location of the NFC reader. On the S10+ it's in the middle of the phone on the back but on all of the S20's it's at the top of the phone.
It sounds stupid but if you've ever used iPhones for Apple Pay or even the Note 10, you'll understand that having the location of the NFC reader at the top of the phone makes it much easier to tap your phone for payments or public transportation. I'll no longer have to adjust my grip to pay by phone. 
Bro I feel you 100% When I'm using it at any drive thru or bank drive through the location of the iPhone sensor makes it seemless. Samsung putting it on the back makes no sense. Thanks for the info I didn't know they changed it but man I am glad they did.

Sent from my SM-G977P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

So my package with UPS is in transit, I think it might actually be delivered tomorrow.

24 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

So my package with UPS is in transit, I think it might actually be delivered tomorrow.

I bet they hold it until the 4th. That's what happened last year. I hope not for your sake though, obviously. 

Mine is in NYC at a sorting facility. There are reports that people have received theirs since last week so I don't know if they''ll actually hold them until the 4th.

Guess we'll find out in the morning.

mine is sitting at my local ups. should be delivered in the upcoming day

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, themuffinman said:

Mine says by Wednesday, (unlocked direct from Samsung) 

I just got a second tracking number for tomorrow, so I guess one is the accessories and the other is the phone.

Edit: Looks like my buds will come in tomorrow and the phone/leather case will come together on wednesday.

10 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

Mine is showing loaded on delivery vehicle and out for delivery. We will see!

Out for Delivery 03/02/2020 6:35 A.M. Fort Worth, TX, United States

Loaded on Delivery Vehicle

Yeah out for delivery today.

• Like 1

delivered. but i wont be able to see it since i will get home late tonight
ugh life. lol

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Mine still just shows as In Process with expected delivery of March 5th. I haven't recieved any shipping info yet. All of the accessories I ordered just show order placed.db7b8b12627aebe452b5d71aedc27dc8.jpg7c2f0c5ac58dce271054eb952d7aa7eb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Its in my hand and transitioning everything over from the note. Its the sex

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, xdfgf said:

Its in my hand and transitioning everything over from the note. Its the sex

Jealy. Mine are still sitting in "placed" although, I swear the green line moved a little more towards the Ready to Ship. 

Phone's were delivered now to wait and open them after work this is going to kill me lol.

15 minutes ago, mmark27 said:

Jealy. Mine are still sitting in "placed" although, I swear the green line moved a little more towards the Ready to Ship. 

lol, as soon as I finished typing that message, I got the update on my phones as ready for UPS with a delivery date of tomorrow. Executive Team fixed my account, ordered my phones, got the ship-to addresses correct for the phones (3 locales), waived the upgrade fees, and put them in as priority overnight shipping. Damn, Tamaura, excellent work. 

Posted (edited)

Setting up my phone now, just installed a system update so still a few things to do. First thing I did was turn on 120Hz and wow it's amazing. 😊

Edited by BlueAngel

Setting up my phone now, just installed a system update so still a few things to do. First thing I did was turn on 120Hz and wow it's amazing. 
Is yours unlocked or Sprint?

3 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

Is yours unlocked or Sprint?

Sprint.

10 hours ago, Treadhead said:

Mine is showing loaded on delivery vehicle and out for delivery. We will see!

Out for Delivery 03/02/2020 6:35 A.M. Fort Worth, TX, United States

Loaded on Delivery Vehicle

Yeehaw! It was delivered around 3pm! Hope to get it activated and set up soon. Gotta go get a case now since I wasn't expecting it until Wednesday. Hopefully the Sprint store has them out already. Best Buy said they won't be on the shelf until the official release of the phone. 

Found 5G a little bit away from home and it's glorious. Sprint has 5G here just not officially I guess.

16 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

Found 5G a little bit away from home and it's glorious. Sprint has 5G here just not officially I guess.

ok need more info... trying to decide when or if to upgrade the note 8... or if I should wait on a smoking deal from Tmo for "switch" deals

I have quite a few phones the kids want to upgrade.. told them they have to wait a few months for those deals..

13 minutes ago, floorguy said:

ok need more info... trying to decide when or if to upgrade the note 8... or if I should wait on a smoking deal from Tmo for "switch" deals

I have quite a few phones the kids want to upgrade.. told them they have to wait a few months for those deals..

Granted this is not in an officially launched area but I pulled down 412/12 down with a 16ms ping.

26 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

Granted this is not in an officially launched area but I pulled down 412/12 down with a 16ms ping.

not bad at all, lol... now what about the features/speed of the phone