Galaxy S20 Series Discussion

17 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

Unlocked S20's got the October security patch. No SA 5G though.

There won't be any SA until you get the T-Mobile R15 simcard with TNX.

[[Template forums/front/topics/activity is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
11 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

There won't be any SA until you get the T-Mobile R15 simcard with TNX.

I'm on T-Mobile and have have the R15 SIM already. It has to be enabled in the firmware. So far T-Mobile has only pushed it to T-Mobile branded S20's. Samsung has not pushed the necessary firmware to unlocked S20s though.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Paynefanbro said:

I'm on T-Mobile and have have the R15 SIM already. It has to be enabled in the firmware. So far T-Mobile has only pushed it to T-Mobile branded S20's. Samsung has not pushed the necessary firmware to unlocked S20s though.

My Sprint S20 Ultra has SA enabled, though SA is hardly what you would call widespread.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

My Sprint S20 Ultra has SA enabled, though SA is hardly what you would call widespread.

My desire isn't really to actually use standalone 5G. I live in an area where my signal is so strong that I get a strong n41 signal indoors. I really just want the update for feature parity. I really dislike how carrier branded and unlocked Samsung devices don't receive the same updates at the same time.

46 minutes ago, Paynefanbro said:

My desire isn't really to actually use standalone 5G. I live in an area where my signal is so strong that I get a strong n41 signal indoors. I really just want the update for feature parity. I really dislike how carrier branded and unlocked Samsung devices don't receive the same updates at the same time.

I get only n71 here, n41 if I go into the not so nice areas. SA is very rare here only get it once in a while. But Samsung updates should be universal but nope.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

My S20+ (Sprint version) has been toggling back to Sprint B41 lately around my house, which is typically a good thing as the B41 gave speeds near or at 100 down compared to the 2 down with "5G" on T-mobile.....however, now the B41 is useless and it needs to snap back over to "5G" to do anything.

I wonder if these means tower conversion is happening?? I know that the Milwaukee market got the mid-band 5G switch thrown, perhaps Madison, WI area will soon too? They usually are the same market, but Milwaukee was in the last T-mobile presser but not Madison. I sure hope so, it would make a world of difference here in Madison. I do not, however, see any new equipment on the tower or work being done. Is it possible to be just software related without hardware changes?

Are you still getting carrier aggregation with your s20? Because with my updates the s20 got carrier aggregation between Band 41 disabled..

23 hours ago, mmark27 said:

My S20+ (Sprint version) has been toggling back to Sprint B41 lately around my house, which is typically a good thing as the B41 gave speeds near or at 100 down compared to the 2 down with "5G" on T-mobile.....however, now the B41 is useless and it needs to snap back over to "5G" to do anything.

5 hours ago, transitwatch889 said:

Are you still getting carrier aggregation with your s20? Because with my updates the s20 got carrier aggregation between Band 41 disabled..

My CA on B41 is disabled as well

• 2 weeks later...

Got the release version of Android 11 a day or two ago. Two updates back to back. Just confirmed that B41 CA is there.

30 minutes ago, iansltx said:

Got the release version of Android 11 a day or two ago. Two updates back to back. Just confirmed that B41 CA is there.

Sorry, can't remember are you Sprint, T-mobile, or unlocked? Were you on the beta?

6 hours ago, mmark27 said:

Sorry, can't remember are you Sprint, T-mobile, or unlocked? Were you on the beta?

My device is Sprint-locked, on standard Sprint (not TNX). I was on the beta, starting with the incredibly unreliable initial release :)

• Like 1

Mine isn't back but I'm on TNX. On my line. Couldn't even update the profile.

8 hours ago, transitwatch889 said:

With TNX you can't update the profile on the S20.

15 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

With TNX you can't update the profile on the S20.

Figured much. But thanks for the clarification 🙏🏽

On 11/16/2020 at 5:57 AM, transitwatch889 said:

What's the TNX thing? I got an email saying that we need to get new SIMs for our phones (Sprint phones with Sprint SIMs). Should we do this?? First I'm hearing of us needing new SIMs. 

EDIT: I figured this out on another thread and ordered the TNX SIMs. 

Edited by mmark27

So question???

My phone lately has developed the problem of people cant hear me when they call.. or when I call them.. I can hear them either time, but no voice from me.. Takes a restart of the device to fix, and I haven't tracked a time or thing that causes this.. 

So the question..

Is this network related or device..

What do you think??

17 hours ago, floorguy said:

So question???

My phone lately has developed the problem of people cant hear me when they call.. or when I call them.. I can hear them either time, but no voice from me.. Takes a restart of the device to fix, and I haven't tracked a time or thing that causes this.. 

So the question..

Is this network related or device..

What do you think??

I don't have the "hearing me" problem, but I bet it's network related..... I just rarely get calls and texts when people call me or text me. Telemarketers seem to always get through but never the important calls. The New T-mobile sucks just as hard as the Old Sprint.