Galaxy S20 Series Discussion

mdob07

Oof, not a good review for the S20 Ultra auto-focus. Seems like they're not big on the 108 or 40mp pictures from the rear or front cameras compared to the standard 12 or 10mp shots. This may swing me back to the S20+, but I'm certain the auto-focus will suffer there too. The S20+ has different sized senors than the Ultra, so it's going to be a hard decision I fear. Otherwise, the photos hold up against the iphone 11 pro pretty well. Good review of the photo details, IMO.

https://www.inputmag.com/reviews/samsung-galaxy-s20-ultra-review-camera-comparison-flawed-autofocus

I'll wait for MKBHD's reviews before I order anything. 

I'm a little late to the pre order party but I just pre ordered the ultra unlocked version directly from samsung.  Not sure if I will put it on sprint or at&t but it feels good to have that option since I have multiple lines with both carriers.  I also ordered the buds+ in black and a samsung leather case(I didn't see anything else I wanted).  My go to case for all of my devices is the spigen tough armor hybrid case, just ordered one off of ebay.

• Like 1

I'm a little late to the pre order party but I just pre ordered the ultra unlocked version directly from samsung.  Not sure if I will put it on sprint or at&t but it feels good to have that option since I have multiple lines with both carriers.  I also ordered the buds+ in black and a samsung leather case(I didn't see anything else I wanted).  My go to case for all of my devices is the spigen tough armor hybrid case, just ordered one off of ebay.
I did exactly what you did. Same accessories too.

But I also got the 45watt charger.

Sent from my SM-G977P using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

I did exactly what you did. Same accessories too.

But I also got the 45watt charger.

I already bought the 45w charging brick when I got the note 10+.

2 hours ago, mmark27 said:

Oof, not a good review for the S20 Ultra auto-focus. Seems like they're not big on the 108 or 40mp pictures from the rear or front cameras compared to the standard 12 or 10mp shots. This may swing me back to the S20+, but I'm certain the auto-focus will suffer there too. The S20+ has different sized senors than the Ultra, so it's going to be a hard decision I fear. Otherwise, the photos hold up against the iphone 11 pro pretty well. Good review of the photo details, IMO.

https://www.inputmag.com/reviews/samsung-galaxy-s20-ultra-review-camera-comparison-flawed-autofocus

I'll wait for MKBHD's reviews before I order anything. 

For what it's worth the S20 Ultra just received a camera update today. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

I don't care much for pre-release reviews, they're usually wrong in a lot of ways. I'm sure with a few proper updates the Ultra will be the best for the foreseeable future.

Agreed, but I also worry about this autofocus issue because this exists currently on the S10+ that I see occasionally. And it's possible it'll get fixed with software updates, but maybe it's a hardware issue. They changed the way they do their autofocus with the S20 line, so who knows?? 

I'm trying to get my lease payments cleared up so I can pre-order. As usual, Sprint online says different things than Sprint executive teams. When do the pre-orders stop?? 

Coming back from Google Fi. Place the order after I saw that I wouldn't have to put a trade in. But it seems mine is delayed! This will be my first Samsung device since the Galaxy S 4g hspa+ on T-Mobile! It's been a while since I've done Samsung. 

Just curious, are you folks ordering the unlocked version or the Sprint version?  What are the pros and cons these days of the unlocked version vs. the Sprint version?
Mine is unlocked and it's coming from texas.

Just curious, are you folks ordering the unlocked version or the Sprint version?  What are the pros and cons these days of the unlocked version vs. the Sprint version?
i ordered from sprint. so its sprint version.
the only pro about the unlocked is that it is sim unlocked lol.

you can interchange the firmware from sprint to unlocked firmware and vice versa.
this does not mean it will unlock the sim if its sprint locked.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

i ordered from sprint. so its sprint version.
the only pro about the unlocked is that it is sim unlocked lol.

you can interchange the firmware from sprint to unlocked firmware and vice versa.
this does not mean it will unlock the sim if its sprint locked.

The unlocked version will be able to use esim and regular sim day one. Also you get to use LTE and WiFi at the same time to download things from the play store and when you are connected to B41 the icon will say LTE+ instead of just LTE so you know when your on the slower bands.

These are things the Sprint version doesn’t do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sunmybun said:

my package just left Louisville, Ky on 3am. yay

Mine left the same place but at 5:14am, strange thing is my phone's are coming separately two different tracking numbers. Scheduled delivery date of the 4th which doesn't make sense but we'll see I guess.

Edited by BlueAngel

The unlocked version will be able to use esim and regular sim day one. Also you get to use LTE and WiFi at the same time to download things from the play store and when you are connected to B41 the icon will say LTE+ instead of just LTE so you know when your on the slower bands.

These are things the Sprint version doesn’t do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
right and right

i wish people knew that they switch to the U1 unlocked firmware easily so they can know for themselves.
but most people arent "tech-savvy" like that

• Like 1

Mine left the same place but at 5:14am, strange thing is my phone's are coming separately two different tracking numbers. Scheduled delivery date of the 4th which doesn't make sense but we'll see I guess.
yea, mine is scheduled for the 4th also.
i hope i get it monday since i did overnight shipping.

i think they shippers dont really check orders from the same account. they just send it as quickly as possible

4 minutes ago, sunmybun said:

yea, mine is scheduled for the 4th also.
i hope i get it monday since i did overnight shipping.

i think they shippers dont really check orders from the same account. they just send it as quickly as possible

I did overnight as well Monday would be awesome.

I finally got my account sorted out and ordered. Man, the Executive Team is the only place to go for help with Sprint. Tamaura got my account straightened out. Was able to upgrade 4 of my lines successfully. She said they'll ship out on the 3rd. 

I went with the S20+. I went and played with them all at Best Buy, I couldn't see how I'd use the camera tech difference between the 2. Sprint doesn't use mm wave 5G, so that's unnecessary. The weight of the Ultra was quite a bit as I played with them. I didn't realize until using them all that even the S20+ is taller than the 10+, not by much, but still taller. They are amazing looking phones and all screen. I'm excited for this spec bump. I'll have to get used to right side buttons for volume!!! 

Mine says expected delivery is Tuesday by 8PM. I didn't pay for expedited shipping or anything like that. 

They already delivered my Galaxy Watch Active 2 and my case last Thursday. The Galaxy Buds+ haven't shipped yet though so that sucks.