Verizon & Sprint Dual SIM Activation

Brad The Beast

So I've read that you can have Verizon provision your device as "CDMA-less". If I were to have Verizon do that, would I be able to activate a Sprint line on my physical SIM? Technically at that point Sprint would be the only CDMA carrier. Has anyone tried this? iPhone Xs

That's a good question. It's theoretically possible, but I've never tried it. I'd have to pay off my iPhone and get it unlocked just to try it, and I really don't want to spend the extra $500 right now.

• 1 month later...
ESIM with Verizon and standard sim with sprint.

i am currently doing esim with T-Mobile and sim with sprint.

any idea when sprint will support esim?
Sprint does support eSIM. I've been using it on my Pixel 3 XL since February I think?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

How do you activate?

Settings, Network, Mobile Networks, Add. Sprint is listed. Select it and sign into your Sprint account. Select the line you want to put on the phone.

This will not work if you're currently using the same phone with a physical SIM on Sprint. You have to swap the line to another phone first, and then you can activate the Pixel with eSIM. The reason is that the phone's IMEI is already on the line, and the eSIM activation apparently fails if all it's doing is swapping the SIM ICCID. It has to change ICCID and IMEI in Sprint's system.

On the Pixel 4 or 3a, since it has two IMEIs, you probably can actually switch directly from physical to eSIM without an intermediary.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 months later...