How exactly are you finding this out?
Was it from the February Pixel update?
How do you/we know when any of the combos go "live" on Sprint?
Thanks for the info!
As I've said in multiple previous posts, you need root with the pay version of NSG. That's the only way to get it on a Pixel.

It was either pushed in the Feb OTA, or Sprint pushed the config change. For what it's worth, the modem is identical in Jan and Feb OTAs (same sumcheck).

These are all "live", in that the phone will seemingly attempt to use them. The only additions here are domestic roaming combos. No international combos are present.

Interestingly, it has AT&T bands 14 and 30, but no 66.

No B71 for T-Mobile.

And it has B13 (Verizon) combos. Maybe a sign that Verizon LTE roaming is coming?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, ingenium said:

As I've said in multiple previous posts, you need root with the pay version of NSG. That's the only way to get it on a Pixel.

It was either pushed in the Feb OTA, or Sprint pushed the config change. For what it's worth, the modem is identical in Jan and Feb OTAs (same sumcheck).

These are all "live", in that the phone will seemingly attempt to use them. The only additions here are domestic roaming combos. No international combos are present.

Interestingly, it has AT&T bands 14 and 30, but no 66.

No B71 for T-Mobile.

And it has B13 (Verizon) combos. Maybe a sign that Verizon LTE roaming is coming?

Can you share some of your speedtest results on Sprint? Are you in a Samsung market? Ericsson?

More importantly, is TDD-FDD enabled nationwide yet? Specifically Nebraska/West Iowa.

Thanks

Can you share some of your speedtest results on Sprint? Are you in a Samsung market? Ericsson?

More importantly, is TDD-FDD enabled nationwide yet? Specifically Nebraska/West Iowa.

Thanks

I haven't really seen a speedtest get above 10 Mbps upload on B41. But on NSG it does show 2xCS UL if the signal is strong (otherwise it does 1 carrier with HPUE). NSG shows upload though in the 15-20 Mbps range, which is about the most I'd expect.

Samsung market.

I've seen FDD-TDD in Ohio, Pennsylvania, and NYC market. It's only used when B41 is too weak to use as a PCC, and it would switch to B25 anyway. The result is that B41 throughput isn't very good usually since it's so weak. I managed to get a speedtest with NSG running, and you can see B25 has 2 MIMO streams (rank 2, at 13 Mbps on one stream and 4 Mbps on the other). B41 is too weak to do 2 streams, so it's 1 stream (rank 1, at 3 Mbps on one carrier, 5 Mbps on another, and the third having no throughput)

3fd8ca454d3094aae7e9d9ec6c2b26d5.jpg

16 minutes ago, ingenium said:

I haven't really seen a speedtest get above 10 Mbps upload on B41. But on NSG it does show 2xCS UL if the signal is strong (otherwise it does 1 carrier with HPUE). NSG shows upload though in the 15-20 Mbps range, which is about the most I'd expect.

Samsung market.

I've seen FDD-TDD in Ohio, Pennsylvania, and NYC market. It's only used when B41 is too weak to use as a PCC, and it would switch to B25 anyway. The result is that B41 throughput isn't very good usually since it's so weak. I managed to get a speedtest with NSG running, and you can see B25 has 2 MIMO streams (rank 2, at 13 Mbps on one stream and 4 Mbps on the other). B41 is too weak to do 2 streams, so it's 1 stream (rank 1, at 3 Mbps on one carrier, 5 Mbps on another, and the third having no throughput)

Thanks for the info. Man that app really rocks. Too bad it requires root grrrrrrr!

FDD-TDD is supposedly live in Denver.

Im gonna grab a Pix 4 when funds allow.

I appreciate all your input.

Thanks for the info. Man that app really rocks. Too bad it requires root grrrrrrr!
FDD-TDD is supposedly live in Denver.
Im gonna grab a Pix 4 when funds allow.
I appreciate all your input.
It's easy to root Pixels. Especially if you do it as soon as you get the phone, before setting things up (I skip everything, even adding a Google account) since unlocking the bootloader does a factory reset.

NSG is tricky on the Pixel 4 though, since Google removed the Qualcomm diagnostics interface in the production build. You have to also flash the userdebug vendor.img from Google, which breaks some things in the February build (no dual SIM, you'll get no service and a "No SIM" error, and breaks active edge / squeeze for assistant). They all worked in the January build, so I'm hoping it gets fixed in March.

But worth it in my opinion for NSG. It's just such a useful app. You can find out so much information in LTE Signaling too if you know where to look (CA combos, the VoLTE enabled flag on an eNB, etc).

• Like 1

That's a big update.  I wonder if along the way the fix the problem where phone won't do LTE after losing signal due to a tunnel or an elevator getting stuck either roaming on TM, stuck on 3G or not having any data at all.

15 minutes ago, crazy_vag said:

That's a big update.  I wonder if along the way the fix the problem where phone won't do LTE after losing signal due to a tunnel or an elevator getting stuck either roaming on TM, stuck on 3G or not having any data at all.

Looks like Carrier Services got updated for me today via Google Play.  I wonder if that's how update gets pushed?

1 hour ago, jordanlong20 said:

Is there a consensus opinion (or even objective proof) about RF performance between the P3XL and P4XL, w/r/t holding or picking up weak signals? 

I am interested in this too. Would like to know compared to the Pixel 2 XL.

Is there a consensus opinion (or even objective proof) about RF performance between the P3XL and P4XL, w/r/t holding or picking up weak signals? 
My Pixel 4 XL gets noticeable better performance than my 3 XL. I somewhat regularly drive a route that would cause me to drop Sprint service (or go to 1x only) and roam on all my Pixels until the 4. The 4 holds LTE constantly, doesn't even drop to 1x or 3G. Now I haven't tested how VoLTE performs on this route, but I honestly haven't seen my 4 drop LTE yet.

• Like 2

CA combos for the Pixel 4 in a format that's easier to browse. Missing Verizon combos because I don't have a Verizon SIM with active service (inactive SIM connects to CDMA only).

https://cacombos.com/device?model=GA00677-US

Some combos might be missing because so many were listed that it was getting truncated in the message. Sprint took a few attempts to get all of the non roaming combos, and some roaming combos may not be listed. So att and T-Mobile may also be missing some (they maxed out the message size too), but at first glance nothing stands out as missing.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/25/2019 at 7:42 AM, mikejeep said:

Same exact things are happening to me here in the Boston area. It's becoming very annoying. I resisted from toggling airplane mode the other day and remained roaming for over 6 hours in an area I know Sprint has had good LTE coverage for years. It also seems to struggle to pick LTE back up on its own once it drops back to 3G.. even when in areas of extremely strong LTE signal. Airplane toggle usually grabs LTE immediately, but we shouldn't need to do that.

Hopefully it's a software issue that can be resolved quickly. I have been trying to remember to report it through the My Sprint app, but not sure how helpful that really is.

This finally is fixed for me in the March update.  Amazing how quickly the phone gets LTE after a tunnel or elevator ride.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, crazy_vag said:

This finally is fixed for me in the March update.  Amazing how quickly the phone gets LTE after a tunnel or elevator ride.

Mine seemed to be better too, but I wasn't sure if I was paying close enough attention.. it would be awesome if it was resolved.

9 minutes ago, mikejeep said:

Mine seemed to be better too, but I wasn't sure if I was paying close enough attention.. it would be awesome if it was resolved.

It was a huge pain for me on Caltrain.  I'd be tethering, so I'd lose data.  I'd have to toggle airplane mode, then re-enable tethering.  And then wait for my laptop to "rediscover" my phone and reconnect.  Easily a minute of work would be lost while I wait for things to be back to normal.  And with 4 tunnels, it's a lot of work or a long wait...

• 2 weeks later...

Got my Pixel 4 XL yesterday. Pretty sweet phone! It will not connect to my Magic Box no matter what. Tried rebooting, toggling airplane mode, reboot magic box, etc.

I checked the PRL and it says "1". I updated the PRL and it still says "1".

Does everyone else's phone say PRL version is 1? How about connecting to the Magic Box? Any issues?

Edit: A day later and it connected to my MB but PRL still says "1"????

• Like 1

Got my Pixel 4 XL yesterday. Pretty sweet phone! It will not connect to my Magic Box no matter what. Tried rebooting, toggling airplane mode, reboot magic box, etc.
I checked the PRL and it says "1". I updated the PRL and it still says "1".
Does everyone else's phone say PRL version is 1? How about connecting to the Magic Box? Any issues?
Edit: A day later and it connected to my MB but PRL still says "1"????

Yeah devices usually take a bit to find a MB initially.

My PRL is fine. f8f486ce016d09e2d6a8f28a7789bdcb.jpg

I use the downloaded eSim just an fyi...

neFxELm.png
I'm also using eSIM. No idea why yours is like that. Seems like it hasn't actually downloaded the PRL or something.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ingenium said:

I'm also using eSIM. No idea why yours is like that. Seems like it hasn't actually downloaded the PRL or something.

Lovely!

It does. Not sure on roaming yet...
PRL isn't just for roaming. It's for native CDMA too. If you didn't have a valid PRL then you wouldn't be able to use CDMA. It basically says "these sites are native, these are roaming, try them in this order and prefer this group over this other group".

You can also try the #*#*72786*#*# dialer code. That will wipe CDMA provisioning and force it to run again. But like I said, as long as CDMA works, I wouldn't worry about it.

• Like 1

Seems like the Pixel 4 XL LOVES to hold on to B41. Makes me wonder if the Pixel 2 XL actually supported HPUE.

It seems like the performance of the Pixel 4 XL > Pixel 2 XL.

Faster speeds, never falls to 3G, better radio performance overall!

1 hour ago, though said:

@ingenium

I went into Data Settings on my Pixel 4 XL and noticed that it says CA Enabled Off.

I turned it to on and rebooted the phone and it still says Off.

Is this proper behavior for this phone?

My P4 (non-XL) has always shown that. Doesn't seem to have any effect.

• Like 1