45 minutes ago, though said:

I won't pretend and say I know what that is. Is the Pixel 2, 3, or 4 capable of this?

If not, which devices are?

3,3a,4 has it though capabilities depends on device. Josh posted the ones for the 4 above.

The 3 and 3A has similar capabilities though the cheaper 3a, because of google reasons, have better combination support than the flagship 3. 

16 hours ago, lilotimz said:

3,3a,4 has it though capabilities depends on device. Josh posted the ones for the 4 above.

The 3 and 3A has similar capabilities though the cheaper 3a, because of google reasons, have better combination support than the flagship 3. 

Please clarify that below is correct, the way I understand it....

1. The Pixel 4 is capable of the exact upload speeds as the screenshot I posted?

2. It won't happen however until Sprint "flips the switch" to enable it, network side?

3. The way he is getting the speeds now is he can manually enable it on his Samsung device, but Pixel devices don't have the menu to do it. Thus, have to wait for Sprint do it network-side.

4. Is there a marketing term for this, like 5G, Sprint Speed, etc?

5. This is not technically Upload Carrier Aggregation?????

3 hours ago, though said:

Please clarify that below is correct, the way I understand it....

1. The Pixel 4 is capable of the exact upload speeds as the screenshot I posted?

2. It won't happen however until Sprint "flips the switch" to enable it, network side?

3. The way he is getting the speeds now is he can manually enable it on his Samsung device, but Pixel devices don't have the menu to do it. Thus, have to wait for Sprint do it network-side.

4. Is there a marketing term for this, like 5G, Sprint Speed, etc?

5. This is not technically Upload Carrier Aggregation?????

1) If it's operating in B25 as the PCC for DL/UL then potentially.

2) Correct

3) Correct. Sprint needs to do it network side and push the config profile to the device.

4) No.

5) Correct. It's B25 as the primary component carrier which is providing download and upload operations with B41 carriers aggregated for additional downlink capacity. 

5 minutes ago, lilotimz said:

1) If it's operating in B25 as the PCC for DL/UL then potentially.

2) Correct

3) Correct. Sprint needs to do it network side and push the config profile to the device.

4) No.

5) Correct. It's B25 as the primary component carrier which is providing download and upload operations with B41 carriers aggregated for additional downlink capacity. 

Thanks for the info. Lastly, how will I know when Sprint decides to start pushing this out?

On 12/18/2019 at 12:36 PM, crazy_vag said:

I usually encounter this after my Caltrain goes through tunnels.  This morning i was pleasantly surprised to see my phone still connected to LTE.  This seems to have come out after/independently of the Dec update.  Has anyone else noticed improved there?

*sigh*.  Must have been a fluke.  Problem persists... :(

33 minutes ago, though said:

Download is smoking. Upload Eh.

I'd rather have 100/50. Or even 50/50.

there have been several pages at this point over you going back and forth over this device due to possible upload speed issues and not being able to hit 30-40+ mbps .  i have to ask...what do you need a consistent 40 mbits of upload on a mobile device for?

• Like 2

On 12/25/2019 at 10:57 PM, swintec said:

there have been several pages at this point over you going back and forth over this device due to possible upload speed issues and not being able to hit 30-40+ mbps .  i have to ask...what do you need a consistent 40 mbits of upload on a mobile device for?

Everyone has different needs/desires. I prefer lower latency and the highest possible upload speeds. Just wondering if the Pixel 4 XL is capable of keeping up with the S9, S10, Note 10, etc on the upload side...

On 1/1/2020 at 12:49 PM, though said:

Everyone has different needs/desires. I prefer lower latency and the highest possible upload speeds.

I understand, that's why I was asking what your NEED was for the consistently high upload.  You must be doing something with 40 mbits upload on a mobile device...certainly you just arent running speed / latency tests all day?

52 minutes ago, swintec said:

I understand, that's why I was asking what your NEED was for the consistently high upload.  You must be doing something with 40 mbits upload on a mobile device...certainly you just arent running speed / latency tests all day?

Lots of streamers, camgirls, gamers and news reporter types require a consistent upload to acquire max stats and venmo creds. 

1 hour ago, swintec said:

I am equally sending out photos/videos/etc as I am receiving.

Lots of people don't understand that the internet is a 2-way street and it's not all about the download side.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, belusnecropolis said:

Lots of streamers, camgirls, gamers and news reporter types require a consistent upload to acquire max stats and venmo creds. 

I agree consistent upload is important but 40 mbits is not needed to stream.

• 4 weeks later...

I've confirmed in NSG that the Pixel 4 has B41 UL CA and that it works.

These are the CA combos that the device reports when it connects to Sprint.65aa2996bd62a75025cf8d3a09bd9700.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ingenium said:

These are the CA combos that the device reports when it connects to Sprint.65aa2996bd62a75025cf8d3a09bd9700.jpg

No 25+41 upload?

No 25+41 upload?
25+41 upload isn't on any phone. 41+41 just came out with the latest Qualcomm modem I believe. 25+41 download is only now rolling out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ingenium said:

25+41 upload isn't on any phone. 41+41 just came out with the latest Qualcomm modem I believe. 25+41 download is only now rolling out.

Gotcha. Thanks for posting. So, radio-wise, is the S9, S10, Note 10 better than the Pixel 4? I know there are advantages over the Pixel 1 and 2 for example.

What's 41A vs 41B vs 41C vs 41D ?
Standalone carrier is always denoted an A.

41C is 2x contiguous CA

41D is 3x contiguous CA

Example. 41A + 41D is 1 non contig + 3 contiguous carriers.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 1/27/2020 at 3:30 PM, ingenium said:

Are you able to confirm if the Pixel 3 and or 3A is capable of these as well? My Dad is due for a new phone!

Are you able to confirm if the Pixel 3 and or 3A is capable of these as well? My Dad is due for a new phone!
I no longer have access to a rooted Pixel 3, so I can't check. It also requires the licensed/premium version of NSG to view the signaling message that has the CA combos.

Your best bet is to check the FCC filings for the 3. I think the stated CA combos for the 3 and 3a were posted earlier in this thread, so you can just use those if you don't want to dig through the filing. The 3 definitely can't do UL CA, but can do some FDD-TDD (maybe with only 2 B41 carriers?). 3a is the same, with some FDD-TDD combos, but I'm not sure about its UL CA status.

• Like 1

A ton more CA combos just got enabled on my Pixel 4 XL. Looks like for domestic roaming. No band 7+7 for example (which it can do, and which I've seen in Spain).783f6d3a3666def6aaa5b686d4c7fa23.jpg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ingenium said:

A ton more CA combos just got enabled on my Pixel 4 XL. Looks like for domestic roaming. No band 7+7 for example (which it can do, and which I've seen in Spain).

How exactly are you finding this out?

Was it from the February Pixel update?

How do you/we know when any of the combos go "live" on Sprint?

Thanks for the info!