Won't the option(s) to enable be in the *#*#DATA#*#* menu on the Pixel 4?
This is from my Pixel 2
SkkWUnI.png
No. The menu is exactly the same on the 4. You can enable and disable individual bands, but not carrier aggregation combinations.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, ingenium said:

Apparently the Pixel 4 is capable of B25 + 2xCA B41 (3xCA total), no B26 + 1x B41, and 2xCA upload B41. So whenever Sprint enables it, it should work.

(Edited with correct CA combos)

What is "no B26 + 1x B41" ? Specifically the "no".

Which "upload" aggregations is the Pixel 4 capable of? Or were you speaking of uploads only?

1 minute ago, ingenium said:

No. The menu is exactly the same on the 4. You can enable and disable individual bands, but not carrier aggregation combinations.

Bummer. Ok gotcha!

16 hours ago, ingenium said:

It's not enabled on phones. He had to force enable it on his phone. Can't do that on Pixels. So we have to wait for Sprint to push the network config update to devices to tell them they can use it.

What's the ETA on this? What are they gaining by not doing it now?

What is "no B26 + 1x B41" ? Specifically the "no".
Which "upload" aggregations is the Pixel 4 capable of? Or were you speaking of uploads only?
Sorry, I edited the post and left in the 1x (meaning single carrier) by mistake. It can't do B26+41 at all.

CA combos:

2xCA: 25-25, 25-26, 25-41, 41-41
3xCA: 25-25-25, 25-25-26, 25-41-41, 41x3
And 4x and 5x CA B41.

2xCA upload on B41.

Like the Pixel 3, it's also limited to 10 MIMO streams. So you can do 4x4 on 2 B41 carriers, but only 2x2 on the last one. Likewise, with 5xCA B41, it can only do 2x2 per carrier. No 4x4 at all.

No idea when Sprint will push the update to enable FDD-TDD. Sprint Speed [emoji769]. Could be next week, could be 6-12+ months. Magic Boxes and Airaves for example have been capable of VoLTE for 11+ months, just waiting for Sprint to whitelist them. Things can be ready and working but just sit for a year for seemingly no reason...

58 minutes ago, ingenium said:

Sorry, I edited the post and left in the 1x (meaning single carrier) by mistake. It can't do B26+41 at all.

CA combos:

2xCA: 25-25, 25-26, 25-41, 41-41
3xCA: 25-25-25, 25-25-26, 25-41-41, 41x3
And 4x and 5x CA B41.

2xCA upload on B41.

Like the Pixel 3, it's also limited to 10 MIMO streams. So you can do 4x4 on 2 B41 carriers, but only 2x2 on the last one. Likewise, with 5xCA B41, it can only do 2x2 per carrier. No 4x4 at all.

No idea when Sprint will push the update to enable FDD-TDD. Sprint Speed emoji769.png. Could be next week, could be 6-12+ months. Magic Boxes and Airaves for example have been capable of VoLTE for 11+ months, just waiting for Sprint to whitelist them. Things can be ready and working but just sit for a year for seemingly no reason...

So for upload, only 2xCA on B41 is possible on the Pixel 4? How about other devices? My biggest "want" is the best upload speed generally.

12 hours ago, though said:

So for upload, only 2xCA on B41 is possible on the Pixel 4? How about other devices? My biggest "want" is the best upload speed generally.

Unfortunately, based on LTE standards,  I believe that 2xCA upload is the maximum CA supported for upload for ANY band, so it's a technology limitation at this point. I don't think that will change until 5G becomes more widespread.

1 hour ago, Thomas L. said:

Unfortunately, based on LTE standards,  I believe that 2xCA upload is the maximum CA supported for upload for ANY band, so it's a technology limitation at this point. I don't think that will change until 5G becomes more widespread.

That leads to my next question. Can any phone(s), including the Pixel 4, do 25+41 or 25+25 or 26+41 or 26+26 on the upload?

Or are all restricted to 41+41 on the upload?

4 hours ago, though said:

That leads to my next question. Can any phone(s), including the Pixel 4, do 25+41 or 25+25 or 26+41 or 26+26 on the upload?

Or are all restricted to 41+41 on the upload?

Yes, Samsung S9 and likely its successors, but Sprint has to allow it first and enable sites etc. 

29 minutes ago, dkyeager said:

Yes, Samsung S9 and likely its successors, but Sprint has to allow it first and enable sites etc.

So the S9 and newer Samsung devices are capable of multiple upload CA variations but even newer Pixel devices are not?

No absolutely not. 

Devices support B41+41 on UL CA. Sometimes we see B7+B7 (for canucks). 

Rarely do we see FDD UL CA certified which is definitely not in use and is usually something obscure like B5+B5. 

5 hours ago, lilotimz said:

No absolutely not.

Yes they absolutely do make combos on other devices though.

5 hours ago, lilotimz said:

Rarely do we see FDD UL CA certified which is definitely not in use and is usually something obscure like B5+B5.

From the Telit LM960 AT! command guide page 253/256 with the AT&T firmware equipped;

2ULCA: 2A-12A, 2A-5A, 4A-12A, 5B

Pretty sure those are all FDD bands sir. This is the SDx20 which is pretty common now in many handsets and routers. There is a minimum one of these in every police cruiser in my county on Firstnet.

This is just on the first batch model. I expect the further United States certified model A18 to incorporate band 14/71 in the upload CA combos as well now that firmware is available for all carriers. The Five Gee capable FN980 will also allow band 14 HPUE with the newest amplifier. 

2 hours ago, belusnecropolis said:

Yes they absolutely do make combos on other devices though.

From the Telit LM960 AT! command guide page 253/256 with the AT&T firmware equipped;

2ULCA: 2A-12A, 2A-5A, 4A-12A, 5B

Pretty sure those are all FDD bands sir. This is the SDx20 which is pretty common now in many handsets and routers. There is a minimum one of these in every police cruiser in my county on Firstnet.

This is just on the first batch model. I expect the further United States certified model A18 to incorporate band 14/71 in the upload CA combos as well now that firmware is available for all carriers. The Five Gee capable FN980 will also allow band 14 HPUE with the newest amplifier. 

Any FCC links to smartphone device(s) (not tablet / PCIe chips) with said combinations certified? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lilotimz said:

Any FCC links to smartphone device(s) (not tablet / PCIe chips) with said combinations certified? 

Great question. I will look! I can grab the 960 off the roof and go get some screens on a modernized site with ATT aggregation on upload. 

I also have a cat20 m.2 chip to test as well with AT&T. A bit smaller form factor. Either way it will be coming to phones and is already active on networks. I get 2+5 upload on the cat 20 with T-Mobile now.

17 hours ago, lilotimz said:

No absolutely not. 

Devices support B41+41 on UL CA. Sometimes we see B7+B7 (for canucks). 

Do you know where I can find a list of bands that THEORETICALLY can support upload carrier aggregation? I don't know why it seems SO DIFFICULT to find that list - Thank you!

1 hour ago, Thomas L. said:

Do you know where I can find a list of bands that THEORETICALLY can support upload carrier aggregation? I don't know why it seems SO DIFFICULT to find that list - Thank you!

LoL he just gonna say no or band 41. Instead of sending you to some clunky FCC web interface here is a list of some FCC certified FDD and TDD combos for domestic;

https://imgur.com/ivgtT3h

and international certified use.

https://imgur.com/a/JBQkly6

On an X20 modem.

5 minutes ago, belusnecropolis said:

LoL he just gonna say no or band 41. Instead of sending you to some clunky FCC web interface here is a list of some FCC certified FDD and TDD combos for domestic;

On an X20 modem.

No Sprint Bands?

On 11/25/2019 at 7:42 AM, mikejeep said:

Same exact things are happening to me here in the Boston area. It's becoming very annoying. I resisted from toggling airplane mode the other day and remained roaming for over 6 hours in an area I know Sprint has had good LTE coverage for years. It also seems to struggle to pick LTE back up on its own once it drops back to 3G.. even when in areas of extremely strong LTE signal. Airplane toggle usually grabs LTE immediately, but we shouldn't need to do that.

Hopefully it's a software issue that can be resolved quickly. I have been trying to remember to report it through the My Sprint app, but not sure how helpful that really is.

I usually encounter this after my Caltrain goes through tunnels.  This morning i was pleasantly surprised to see my phone still connected to LTE.  This seems to have come out after/independently of the Dec update.  Has anyone else noticed improved there?

3 hours ago, belusnecropolis said:

On an X20 modem.

Cut the snappiness. There's no need for that here. 

4 hours ago, Thomas L. said:

All CA combo's are certified through 3GPP and is available through their release documents. 

Here is one I can find immediately: https://www.3gpp.org/DynaReport/SpecVsWi--36101.htm

It's spread throughout a ton of their release documents and can be hard to pin down at times. 

A useful site I reference a lot is this: http://niviuk.free.fr/lte_ca_band.php 

It aggregates all the CA combinations (UL / DL) and has it in an easily available format for us to peruse.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, though said:

So, you're saying this is 2x B41 CA?

Negative. 

That is FDD-TDD DL CA utilizing a 10 MHz B25 carrier as PCC for DL /UL with 20 MHz B41 aggregated on the downlink.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lilotimz said:

Negative. 

That is FDD-TDD DL CA utilizing a 10 MHz B25 carrier as PCC for DL /UL with 20 MHz B41 aggregated on the downlink.

I won't pretend and say I know what that is. Is the Pixel 2, 3, or 4 capable of this?

If not, which devices are?