13 minutes ago, jefbal99 said:

Just put in my preorder :)

What SIM is this going to need?

Just did the same, too bad the presentation was sooo blah! and thin on info. Tried to jump on the orange but kept giving me an error message settled on the 128GB white .

Looks like Sprint will sell it directly..

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

Just did the same, too bad the presentation was sooo blah! and thin on info. Tried to jump on the orange but kept giving me an error message settled on the 128GB white .

Black 128GB, black case, and a pixelbook go 8gb/128gb

Merry Christmas to me

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I pre-ordered from Google within the first few minutes it was on their site. Used my $50 credit from my P3 purchase, earned another $100 credit with this purchase. Should arrive by the end of the month, I picked free shipping despite my strong urge to get it a few days sooner.

Happy it has more RAM than the P3 and happy the price stayed the same (with double the ordering bonus). Disappointed it's not 8GB RAM and disappointed it's not 5G.. I had almost no expectation of either of those things but it would've been a fantastic surprise.

-Mike

• Like 4

I really have been excited about this phone but the one thing that bothers me most about the idea of leaving Samsung for the Pixel line is losing the smart view easy screen mirroring to my Samsung smart tv (no wifi nor internet required).  I don't know of any other phone brand that can connect to a smart TV without WiFi nor internet of any sort (as in both devices having to be on the same pre existing network). I guess I have an old Chromecast or 2 laying around somewhere but that seems cumbersome compared to Samsung's solution. 

I also wish the Pixels were better looking devices, as petty as that may be. Hmm.. decisions, decisions.

Just put in my preorder [emoji4]
What SIM is this going to need?
No SIM is needed. You can set it up with eSIM.

Such a shame they removed original quality photos backup. That was one of the things keeping me on the Pixel line. Thinking about jumping to One Plus now.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JonnygATL said:

I really have been excited about this phone but the one thing that bothers me most about the idea of leaving Samsung for the Pixel line is losing the smart view easy screen mirroring to my Samsung smart tv (no wifi nor internet required).  I don't know of any other phone brand that can connect to a smart TV without WiFi nor internet of any sort (as in both devices having to be on the same pre existing network). I guess I have an old Chromecast or 2 laying around somewhere but that seems cumbersome compared to Samsung's solution. 

I also wish the Pixels were better looking devices, as petty as that may be. Hmm.. decisions, decisions.

My LG has some screenshare ability, but I don't use it since got Chromecast.

Let's hope eSIM works this time. :)

VoLTE is confirmed per sprint support

https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/services/volte.html

WiFi calling is not

https://www.sprint.com/en/support/solutions/services/faqs-about-wi-fi-calling.html

We can assume RCS is "enabled" I believe, at least between another eligible Sprint phone.

• Like 1

From the Wi-Fi Calling FAQ regarding MMS:

Android phones: SMS (text) is supported in Wi-Fi Calling mode. MMS (pictures and group texts) is supported on select devices in Wi-Fi Calling mode. Depending on the device manufacturer and messaging client, cellular coverage is required for MMS. For example, devices with the Android Messages client requires cellular coverage for MMS.

10 hours ago, jordanlong20 said:

WiFi calling is not

https://www.sprint.com/en/support/solutions/services/faqs-about-wi-fi-calling.html

We can assume RCS is "enabled" I believe, at least between another eligible Sprint phone.

Well you can always call someone on fb messenger over WiFi. Most humans on Earth have fb. Not all, clearly. But most. Especially in the developed world. 

On 10/17/2019 at 10:09 AM, jordanlong20 said:

WiFi calling is not

Im suprised that the Pixel 4 does not support Wifi Calling as Pixel 3 does. I guess we are going to have to check it out when it comes out.

23 hours ago, nexuss4g said:

Im suprised that the Pixel 4 does not support Wifi Calling as Pixel 3 does. I guess we are going to have to check it out when it comes out.

It could, but as of that post, it was not specifically listed in FAQ part of the linked page. It could also be capable, but not activated at launch. Who knows. 

RCS confirmed per this link - https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/18/20920928/pixel-4-rcs-messaging-no-support-verizon-tmobile

When did you receive your tracking info? I pre-ordered on release day and haven't received anything as of yet. When I preordered the iphone 11 Pro, I received tracking info that Saturday and movement started Monday and it was delivered on release day Friday. 

3 hours ago, crazy_vag said:

Mine shipped today with arrival on Wednesday.

When did you receive your tracking info? I pre-ordered on release day and haven't received anything as of yet. When I preordered the iphone 11 Pro, I received tracking info that Saturday and movement started Monday and it was delivered on release day Friday. 

I got the "Your Google Store order has shipped" email this morning at 11:52am, and I preordered shortly after they enabled Pixel 3 XL as a trade-in.  The Fedex tracking info says delivery estimate of Wednesday, but nothing aside from the label has been created yet.

24 minutes ago, crazy_vag said:

I got the "Your Google Store order has shipped" email this morning at 11:52am, and I preordered shortly after they enabled Pixel 3 XL as a trade-in.  The Fedex tracking info says delivery estimate of Wednesday, but nothing aside from the label has been created yet.

Ok..so you ordered directly from Google. Not Sprint??

3 minutes ago, crazy_vag said:

Yes, directly from Google.  Did you order from Sprint?  If so, curious which ships faster. :)

People that ordered through Google, is seeing their phones move quickly through the process. Followed by T-Mobile and Verizon. ATT and Sprint...absolutely NOTHING

People that ordered through Google, is seeing their phones move quickly through the process. Followed by T-Mobile and Verizon. ATT and Sprint...absolutely NOTHING

The official release date is Thursday 10/24.. shipping labels might be printing, but I don't think anyone will receive a device before that date.

-Mike

The official release date is Thursday 10/24.. shipping labels might be printing, but I don't think anyone will receive a device before that date.

-Mike

People who ordered through Google and received their labels, are reporting that theirs will be delivered tomorrow and Wednesday.

It’s on XDA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, uecker87 said:

Got my P4XL today from Amazon. Feel free to ask any questions. Not on Sprint anymore though so I can't answer any specific network related questions though. 

Take a selfie with both in a dark room so maybe with just one light on.  Use non-wide camera on Pixel 3.  Let me know if scene renders brighter on Pixel 3 vs Pixel 4.  Don't use night mode, but you can use the max HDR setting.  

I take lots of selfies at dark restaurants and bars, so liked that Pixel 3 front and rear cameras had nearly identical capabilities.