• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• By Handyman
      Just installed the 8.1 update on my Pixel.  Still no Sprint Wi-Fi / LTE calling

But ... I did get the mandatory Google Search button added to my launcher.

• By Nrbelex
      The rumor mill has fully geared up, so it seems time for a thread in which the potential HTC-made 2016 Nexus phones can be discussed.

Rumors suggest two phones: a 5" device codenamed Sailfish, and a larger device codenamed Marlin. Both are thought to be produced by HTC. [There's also a report that Google is making its own phone, without an OEM partner--along the lines of a Pixel phone--but that report has been largely discounted.]

Android Police has claimed it knows with 8/10 certainty some specs of the smaller device--Sailfish:
      Manufactured by HTC 5" 1080p display (~440PPI) Quad-core 2.0GHz 64-bit processor (model unknown) 4GB RAM 2770mAh battery 32GB storage (unknown if multiple models will be available, or even if this is the base storage level) 12MP rear camera, 8MP front Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner USB-C port (bottom) Bottom-firing speaker or speakers (unknown if dual) Top-mounted headphone jack Bluetooth 4.2 Any thoughts on these devices? The last several Nexus devices have been Sprint compatible; is there any reason to think these won't be? Any hints in regulatory filings? How is HTC's radio performance, generally? Will Sprint sell them directly, and even if they do, will it still be preferable to buy directly from Google?
    • By jefbal99
      Only specs I've really seen leaked are 5.7" screen and based on the unannounced "Mate 8" model.

From http://www.breathecast.com/articles/nexus-2015-rumors-news-leaked-video-reveals-specs-of-purported-2015-huawei-nexus-video-30407/

The Mate 7 had a 4100+mah battery, speculation is that this could have the same or bigger.

Anything passed through the FCC for a US and/or Sprint version that covers the Spark bands?  I'm in the market for a new phone this fall and will be going off contract, buying a Nexus.
    • By nexgencpu
      Hopefully we can finally start seeing some user feedback. So far so good! it is without a doubt the best device ive owned!!!
    • By topdownat4
      Had not seen a thread for this yet, 
      I see some definite consumer advantages with Sprint's Network combined with TMob and Wi-fi.
      I have had many Nexus devices and I love my Nexus 6, although it is a bit big.
      The price is good for the service. ($20 / unl talk/txt, $10/gb)

I hope the technical aspects work as they propose. I am a Google Voice Number user and love the "Any device" call capability and use it on my Tablet, Chromebook and phone. I rarely actually answer my Phone at the house. Answer the tablet or Chromebook.....

I love Sprint's network, the upgrades they are putting forth and this Site, but if Project Fi works as advertised, it might lure me to sign on.....

What are everyone's thoughts?

• The combined carrier expects to save $26 billion in network costs and another $17 billion in other operating costs while increasing network coverage, particularly in underserved markets; and speeding up its expansion of 5G. Those network savings include $4.2 billion in opex savings from retiring Sprint’s network. New T-Mobile will add Sprint’s mid-band spectrum plus 11,000 cell sites to its network, and those will “provide it with enough additional capacity to meet the markets’ projected growth in data consumption and thus avoid the erosion in quality of service that would result from saturating its existing capacity.” https://www.rcrwireless.com/20200219/carriers/insights-from-the-sprint-t-mobile-us-merger-ruling-part-3 Dish “may utilize any and all cell sites that New T-Mobile would otherwise decommission, gaining access to tens of thousands of cell towers ready for almost immediate use,” and it will also have access to retail stores that New T-Mobile would otherwise close, so it can expand its distribution. Marrero also said that in addition to at least 20,000 towers that New T-Mobile will make available to Dish, Dish “has also identified and signed master service agreements for 32,300 towers that do not need structural reinforcement and thus could become operational in relatively short order.” https://www.rcrwireless.com/20200225/carriers/insights-from-the-sprint-t-mobile-us-merger-ruling-part-5  
    • I'm hoping they do some sort of Merger Briefing soon.    Hopefully they will disclose the game plan with some numbers thrown in... cell sites, moving customers on or so-forth... a lot of what we are going on is information from almost 1-1 1/2 years ago.   When and if they do, it will be a great meeting to tune into for details!  
    • I am not certain this number is still true.  With Dish getting the sites they abandon, the inclination would likely be to retain more Sprint sites. FCC may have forced more rural coverage given 1x800 coverage compared to VoLTE.  We know T-Mobile went through several revisions after those numbers were made public.  Might be better numbers in the merger court decision.
    • Agreed, but I also worry about this autofocus issue because this exists currently on the S10+ that I see occasionally. And it's possible it'll get fixed with software updates, but maybe it's a hardware issue. They changed the way they do their autofocus with the S20 line, so who knows??  I'm trying to get my lease payments cleared up so I can pre-order. As usual, Sprint online says different things than Sprint executive teams. When do the pre-orders stop?? 
    • Yep it's a go no matter what.There is another case pending against the merger. From the article above: "The merger also faces a legal challenge from the Communications Workers of America, which argues that the Federal Communications Commission exceeded its statutory authority in approving the deal. That case is pending before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit. Oral arguments have yet to be scheduled.  Communications Workers of America v. USA, D.C. Cir., No. 19-01254, filed 12/5/19."