Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

2 hours ago, danlodish345 said:

I have a feeling that band 26 will be sold off to some company or agency ...

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Band 26 will be the last bastion of CDMA (1x800).  It does have the benefit of being national in scope, which it not true for 600 Mhz or 700Mhz. Ultimately it would be good to trade it for more 700Mhz or 600Mhz. Then perhaps A.J.'s dream of redoing all 800Mhz to get more usable band sizes could be realized.

Band 26 will be the last bastion of CDMA (1x800).  It does have the benefit of being national in scope, which it not true for 600 Mhz or 700Mhz. Ultimately it would be good to trade it for more 700Mhz or 600Mhz. Then perhaps A.J.'s dream of redoing all 800Mhz to get more usable band sizes could be realized.
Well if I'm not mistaken that lots of Public Safety agencies hold some licenses for the 800 megahertz band. So that could be encumbered to get bigger bandwidth sizes

Just now, danlodish345 said:

Well if I'm not mistaken that lots of Public Safety agencies hold some licenses for the 800 megahertz band. So that could be encumbered to get bigger bandwidth sizes

Yes, very tight spacing.  Would definitely need more FCC realignment. 

The alternative is with CA upload in the latest flagship phones, it could be better used with (3x3) + (3x3). The problem is it no 5G support since it is so small.

Yes, very tight spacing.  Would definitely need more FCC realignment. 
The alternative is with CA upload in the latest flagship phones, it could be better used with (3x3) + (3x3). The problem is it no 5G support since it is so small.
Yes I do agree with you that it's way too small and since you stated that there's no 5G support it could just be used as a component carrier in my opinion.

19 minutes ago, dkyeager said:

Then perhaps A.J.'s dream of redoing all 800Mhz to get more usable band sizes could be realized. 

I share this dream too. I wish Sprint could buy licenses below 816 MHz (like SoLINC) and widen L800 to a 10x10 carrier. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So I have a Galaxy S8+ and last night I was out driving from Willmar Minnesota to Marshall Minnesota, and my phone said I was roaming on T-Mobile B2. I ran a speedtest and got 45mbps! And my phone still said Sprint in the corner, and LTE above the signal so it was showing as native coverage! It happened 3 separate times!

• Like 5

On 1/14/2019 at 6:53 PM, blakebaa said:

So I have a Galaxy S8+ and last night I was out driving from Willmar Minnesota to Marshall Minnesota, and my phone said I was roaming on T-Mobile B2. I ran a speedtest and got 45mbps! And my phone still said Sprint in the corner, and LTE above the signal so it was showing as native coverage! It happened 3 separate times!

Yep that's normal now when your lose Sprint or would drop to 3G in the past. TMobile takes over now

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

Yep that's normal now when your lose Sprint or would drop to 3G in the past. TMobile takes over now

Yeah.  And that's what I think Sprint means in these new commercials they have, where they say something like "our coverage is now 30% larger than before".

• Like 2

Yeah.  And that's what I think Sprint means in these new commercials they have, where they say something like "our coverage is now 30% larger than before".
I have no clue. Would be nice if it was Sprint own coverage but IDK

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, clbowens said:

That's exactly what they mean by that. They said it in one of their press releases sometime late last year. Not too long ago people used to make fun of Sprint for having so many roaming agreements. Now they're spinning it into a positive.

• Like 3

Nothingburger.
I agree [emoji106] with you Greenbastard!

This whole thing is really Much Adu About Nothing!

Yes...from a PR perspective it doesn't look really good, but if the FCC and FTC Commissioners are really going to judge a Merger on where someone stays, then that is petty.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, kct1975 said:

I agree emoji106.png with you Greenbastard!

Yes...from a PR perspective it doesn't look really good, but if the FCC and FTC Commissioners are really going to judge a Merger on where someone stays, then that is petty.

One of the FCC Commissioners.

34 minutes ago, red_dog007 said:

If the merger goes through, how long you think it will be before we can use non-Sprint compatible phones? Have the OnePlus 6T on my upgrade list. 

The bigger question is which Sprint phones will T-Mobile upgrade the firmware to make them more compatible with both networks and what will be the discount given for us to get upgraded phones to replace the other incompatible ones?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dkyeager said:

The bigger question is which Sprint phones will T-Mobile upgrade the firmware to make them more compatible with both networks and what will be the discount given for us to get upgraded phones to replace the other incompatible ones?

Apple nailed it with the iPhone XS in terms of "universal" network support for the time being it seems.

I agree [emoji106] with you Greenbastard!

Agree as well

Now if TMO decided to hold their Excutive holiday party at the place and rent out a couple hundred rooms and a few ball rooms. Then I might be critical or more.

But a few nights at $300 a pop - nope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

On 1/18/2019 at 8:25 PM, red_dog007 said:

If the merger goes through, how long you think it will be before we can use non-Sprint compatible phones? Have the OnePlus 6T on my upgrade list. 

It will be a while. Sprint Customer's will stay on Sprint network only for a while, while TMobile adds capacity to take on 55 million Sprint Customer's. Once the merger is approved they can use and add Sprint spectrum to there towers and there spectrum to Sprint sites to add capacity and density that way. That means higher B25/2 carriers. In my area TMobile has 15x15 B2 currently cause the last 5x5 is on 2G and H+, well the 5x5 A block Sprint currently has can be used to widen B2 to 20x20,hopefully MFBI B25 to.