Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

T-Mobile is [emoji90]. I hope the merger fails and sprint continues to upgrade and expand as they are now... sprint can stomp on the other carriers if they can keep up this pace.

Well for that to happen, Sprint needs some money for expansion AND to ease up on all these roaming agreements..especially the one with T-Mobile since their bigger network is poo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well for that to happen, Sprint needs some money for expansion AND to ease up on all these roaming agreements..especially the one with T-Mobile since their bigger network is poo.

I can agree with you on that one. TMobile totally over sold their entire network in my area of New Jersey. I got slowed to 0.87 megabytes a second before download plus deprioritization pretty much crippled my ability to load emails.c77949bdc75cec14165884ce6f70c1ef.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

Sprint will need to expand at some point in order to stay relevant.

That is the point. They can't so they won't stay relevant.  They will go bust or become a leap wireless, strickly focused on the low end. Lets hope this goes through. 

• Like 1

Anyone in the market for Masa’s house?

https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/news/2018/11/14/masayoshi-son-marcelo-claure-mission-hills-mansion.html

He must be pretty confident the merger is going to go through if he’s listing it. Same for Marcelo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RedSpark said:

Anyone in the market for Masa’s house?

https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/news/2018/11/14/masayoshi-son-marcelo-claure-mission-hills-mansion.html

He must be pretty confident the merger is going to go through if he’s listing it. Same for Marcelo.

Legere put his NYC penthouse up for sale about a week ago. Guess they're all movin' on up!

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/04/t-mobiles-john-legere-is-selling-18m-penthouse-heres-a-look-inside.html

Legere put his NYC penthouse up for sale about a week ago. Guess they're all movin' on up!
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/04/t-mobiles-john-legere-is-selling-18m-penthouse-heres-a-look-inside.html

Aren't penthouses rented?

A penthouse is a type of dwelling at the top of a tall building.  It can be owned like a condo, or leased like an apartment.  Sometimes, the building can be completely commercial in nature and only have one penthouse home on the top.  Most iconic penthouses in the Manhattan sense are owned.  And even the ones that are leased are usually by an individual owner leasing out their penthouse, versus an apartment style were the entire building is owned by a single owner with all units leased out.

But now I am grossly off topic!

:ot:

• Like 3

6 hours ago, danlodish345 said:

I can agree with you on that one. TMobile totally over sold their entire network in my area of New Jersey. I got slowed to 0.87 megabytes a second before download plus deprioritization pretty much crippled my ability to load emails.c77949bdc75cec14165884ce6f70c1ef.jpg

That looks like my speediest on Sprint inside my condo.

6 hours ago, derrph said:

Sprint is mainly doing the roaming thing with T-Mobile and AT&T because of VOLTE.

• Like 1

Of the 1.48 million non overlapping data points on Signal Detector I have collected 97.5% are Sprint. Sprints band brake down from total is 39.2% B25, 19.8% B26, and 38.5% B41.

Sprint is going to be fine on their own. Roaming is just a safety net for those in rural areas like the south(MS, AL, and GA) or rural like Central PA. 

• Like 2

Sprint is mainly doing the roaming thing with T-Mobile and AT&T because of VOLTE.
Well to be honest I would love to see Sprint fix a roaming holes here in East Brunswick. That would make me reconsider Sprint if their coverage is more uniform.

15 hours ago, Flompholph said:

Of the 1.48 million non overlapping data points on Signal Detector I have collected 97.5% are Sprint. Sprints band brake down from total is 39.2% B25, 19.8% B26, and 38.5% B41.

Sprint is going to be fine on their own. Roaming is just a safety net for those in rural areas like the south(MS, AL, and GA) or rural like Central PA. 

The FCC restarted the 180 day merger clock. All indications are that the merger will be approved. And no roaming on AT&T and T-Mobile is because they never expanded LTE coverage to match CDMA coverage. Also they can no longer roam on Verizon CDMA after 2019. That leaves them with a big hole in voice coverage. Now they are scrambling like mad to make up for their criminal neglect of the network.

Edited by bigsnake49

The FCC restarted the 180 day merger clock. All indications are that the merger will be approved.
TMobile silver sold in my area I'm starting to drop phone calls on voice over LTE. I'm going to jump ship to Boost Mobile until they get acquired by T-Mobile then I'm hopping to cricket.

1 hour ago, bigsnake49 said:

The FCC restarted the 180 day merger clock. All indications are that the merger will be approved. And no roaming on AT&T and T-Mobile is because they never expanded LTE coverage to match CDMA coverage. Also they can no longer roam on Verizon CDMA after 2019. That leaves them with a big hole in voice coverage. Now they are scrambling like mad to make up for their criminal neglect of the network.

It wasn't criminal neglect it was a bad bet on the Nextel merger and Wimax. Sprint was doomed by those strtegic missteps. 

13 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

How much do you bet that Sprint will be acquired?

If the T-mobile merger does not go through, I would say there is a very high chance of Sprint being sold off to another company.  That seems to be the SoftBank strategy.

• Like 1

If the T-mobile merger does not go through, I would say there is a very high chance of Sprint being sold off to another company.  That seems to be the SoftBank strategy.
Or Sprint just may go out of business.

16 hours ago, danlodish345 said:

Well to be honest I would love to see Sprint fix a roaming holes here in East Brunswick. That would make me reconsider Sprint if their coverage is more uniform.

They are turning the T-Mobile roaming and VOLTE on on a market to market basis. My market has not been turned on.  Maybe your market is not either.

T-Mobile CFO thinks the deal might close in the first quarter:

“The only remaining thing that is happening is depositions with the DoJ, which have started and will be completed in a few weeks,” CFO J. Braxton Carter told the Morgan Stanley TMT Conference in Barcelona. 

“At this point, it’s more pointing to the second quarter as more probable (but) it could still be first quarter,” Carter said.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-sprint-corp-m-a-t-mobile-us/t-mobile-says-sprint-deal-may-close-as-early-as-first-quarter-next-year-idUSKCN1NL0Z9

T-Mobile CFO thinks the deal might close in the first quarter:

“The only remaining thing that is happening is depositions with the DoJ, which have started and will be completed in a few weeks,” CFO J. Braxton Carter told the Morgan Stanley TMT Conference in Barcelona. 

“At this point, it’s more pointing to the second quarter as more probable (but) it could still be first quarter,” Carter said.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-sprint-corp-m-a-t-mobile-us/t-mobile-says-sprint-deal-may-close-as-early-as-first-quarter-next-year-idUSKCN1NL0Z9

I'm sad to see Sprint go.