Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

12 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

I'm still confused as to why my S9 doesn't have B71 enabled even though it supports it, that will probably be fixed with an update if the merger goes through.

It should have been enabled when it was sold. Suppose you are in a poor reception area and need to roam on Band 71?

12 minutes ago, chamb said:

It should have been enabled when it was sold. Suppose you are in a poor reception area and need to roam on Band 71?

Not an option under band priority, it's disabled in the baseband for whatever reason I'm guessing. And no service is just fine, just curious why the Sprint variant has it disabled when all of the snapdragon models support all of the same technology.

6 hours ago, Trip said:

It may depend on the model.  I have two E5 Play phones:

Moto E5 Play - T-Mo: CDMA 0/1/10; GSM 1800/900/850/1900; WCDMA 1/2/4/5/8; LTE 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/13/17/25/26/38/41/66/71
Moto E5 Play - Unlocked (used for AT&T): No CDMA; GSM 1800/900/850/1900; WCDMA 1/2/4/5/8; LTE 1/2/3/4/5/8/12/14/17/30/66

I'm trying to get a hold of additional T-Mo models that are carrier unlocked so I can use them on US Cellular and Verizon.

- Trip

He was talking about the E5 Plus.

On 11/9/2018 at 3:53 PM, BlueAngel said:

I'm still confused as to why my S9 doesn't have B71 enabled even though it supports it, that will probably be fixed with an update if the merger goes through.

Reflash it to unlocked software. Simply reflash the softwarethat's used on the unlocked that is used on the unlocked Galaxy S9. That should enable it.

3 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

Not a big concern for me, I'll be getting the S10 in march. ?

Oh ahaha .. I'm actually leaving TMobile. I want to go to either Boost Mobile or Verizon prepaid. T-Mobile completely over sold their Network here and their data deprioritization pretty much made me run at 0.87 megabytes a second.

• Like 4

FCC to resume "Shot Clock" on merger early December:

FCC to resume review of Sprint T Mobile merger

And:

Look near the bottom part of Article for the DOJ standing as of now....  

CNBC Exclusive: CNBC Transcript: U.S. Assistant Attorney General for Antitrust Division Makan Delrahim Speaks with CNBC's David Faber

FCC to resume "Shot Clock" on merger early December:
FCC to resume review of Sprint T Mobile merger
And:
Look near the bottom part of Article for the DOJ standing as of now....  
CNBC Exclusive: CNBC Transcript: U.S. Assistant Attorney General for Antitrust Division Makan Delrahim Speaks with CNBC's David Faber

Ya, the chief of the DOJ said “ their isn’t enough evidence to support the claim that ether company will fail if the merger is a no go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He also said/reminded the host that the old theory of needing to be 4 National carriers for competition isn't necessarily true anymore, when speaking that there are 2 large carries and 2 small,... possibly 1 failing in the future....   He acknowledged that will also play a part in determining the outcome.  

12 hours ago, tyroned3222 said:

Ya, the chief of the DOJ said “ their isn’t enough evidence to support the claim that ether company will fail if the merger is a no go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually he was more ambiguous:

"FABER: Does leaving an enfeebled competitor worry you to act – sort of figure into your decision making? In other words, the idea that Sprint wouldn't ever be able to compete if it was truly left independent?

DELRAHIM: That would certainly be one of the considerations that goes into a number of factors we would review to see, you know, what would happen to the competitive landscape. Does that -- what you're insinuating, does that mean there's only be then two competitors if this merger doesn't happen -- and one of them would fail or both of them might fail without this merger? Those would be factors we would consider. But I don't know if the evidence fully supports that."

T-Mobile is [emoji90]. I hope the merger fails and sprint continues to upgrade and expand as they are now... sprint can stomp on the other carriers if they can keep up this pace.
Coverage expansion is badly needed !!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Yeah, they need 20,000 sites to even match T-mobile and 40,000 to mach the big 2.
That's something they obviously aren't able to afford to financially. At the moment at least. Coverage expansion hasn't even happened in my town which is in one of Sprint's biggest markets. I am disappointed in Sprint. But they have money problems so then it's understandable they can't expand coverage. I really don't want to see Sprint go away. But I am disappointed in sprints efforts to have their Network expand.

Even if Sprint stays independent, the old days of free iPhones and discounted plus are going away, Sprint and even T-Mobile will need money for expansion and 5G deployment. The good ole days are gone whether Sprint stays independent or not.

Edited by bigsnake49

Even if Sprint stays independent, the old days of free iPhones and discounted plus are going away, Sprint and even T-Mobile will need money for expansion and 5G deployment. The good ole days are gone whether Sprint stays independent or not.
Sprint will need to expand at some point in order to stay relevant.

• Like 1