Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

1 hour ago, RedSpark said:

Are you going to try to submit some? ?

Say you're with "S4GRU & Partners".

Sounds like a group of lawyers that would scare Legere and cause him running to the nearest T-Mobile store to find a counter to hide behind.

Actually, I've been finding the interviews with him in the media to be quite good. Unlike in the past where he just comes off sounding crass and using T-Mobile to fill his ego, now that he's about to become CEO of a much larger company his ego has dropped a bit to where he's talking as if he now realizes that the combined company is bigger than he is. Watching him on C-Span, he sounds as though he really loves his company, rather than talking as if he expects the company to love him, as in the past.

Perhaps being next to Marcelo is tuning down Legere's ego. With Marcelo at least on board with the combined company if he can continue having this positive effect on Legere, we might actually see T-Mobile operate in a way Sprint enthusiasts won't cringe every time they hear Legere talking. I'm not a fan of Marcelo due to some errors I think he's made as CEO of Sprint (though I dont blame him for not doing more for Sprint considering Masa's Softbank involvement), but maybe this might be the greatest role for Marcelo in being that presence taming Legere to resemble a man with some level of sanity, rather than identifying as the Cuckoo that just came out of its nest.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arysyn said:

Sounds like a group of lawyers that would scare Legere and cause him running to the nearest T-Mobile store to find a counter to hide behind.

Actually, I've been finding the interviews with him in the media to be quite good. Unlike in the past where he just comes off sounding crass and using T-Mobile to fill his ego, now that he's about to become CEO of a much larger company his ego has dropped a bit to where he's talking as if he now realizes that the combined company is bigger than he is. Watching him on C-Span, he sounds as though he really loves his company, rather than talking as if he expects the company to love him, as in the past.

Perhaps being next to Marcelo is tuning down Legere's ego. With Marcelo at least on board with the combined company if he can continue having this positive effect on Legere, we might actually see T-Mobile operate in a way Sprint enthusiasts won't cringe every time they hear Legere talking. I'm not a fan of Marcelo due to some errors I think he's made as CEO of Sprint (though I dont blame him for not doing more for Sprint considering Masa's Softbank involvement), but maybe this might be the greatest role for Marcelo in being that presence taming Legere to resemble a man with some level of sanity, rather than identifying as the Cuckoo that just came out of its nest.

I just watched the video from this morning, I am feeling pretty positive about this merger. Loving the energy between Marcelo and John, hope this passes and AT&T and Verizon don't know what to do. :)

• Like 1

On 4/29/2018 at 3:42 PM, bigsnake49 said:

Per sector, you mean. They might run against weight limits. I expect that would be the initial configuration but they probably want to save money on rent and the more antennas/RRHs the more your rent.

Over in my neck of the woods it already seems like some of at&t's towers are at their weight limits. Some sites even have needed extra mounting underneath the rack to support all the rru's and panels....

1 minute ago, vryan44 said:

Over in my neck of the woods it already seems like some of at&t's towers are at their weight limits. Some sites even have needed extra mounting underneath the rack to support all the rru's and panels....

I've seen the same. Some AT&T sites, heck even some Verizon sites have 4-5 antennas per sector. They've also added supports to the rack for the extra weight.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

I've seen the same. Some AT&T sites, heck even some Verizon sites have 4-5 antennas per sector. They've also added supports to the rack for the extra weight.

2 hours ago, vryan44 said:

dual band / multi band radios will take care of that issue.  Lots of these new types coming through.

ie B13+B5, B2+4/66, B5+14, etc etc. 

• Like 3

After this merger, do you think the new TMobile will keep the iPhone forever and Galaxy forever deals?   Should we be looking to get an upgrade before this deal is finalized?

3 minutes ago, clbowens said:

After this merger, do you think the new TMobile will keep the iPhone forever and Galaxy forever deals?   Should we be looking to get an upgrade before this deal is finalized?

I think T-mobile has a iPhone forever like offer.galaxy? I'm not sure.  Personally for me, starting this fall, I'll probably will start using apples upgrade program.

So it looks like T-Mobile's network will be the surviving one. I think T-Mobile's network has about 65,000 macro sites. They will build another 10,000 sites if the merger goes through. So they will only keep 10,000 Sprint sites. Now here is my question. Will they use any of the 8T8R antennas? Any of the other network elements like the EPC, enodeB, etc.? Will Dish be interested in some of them? It would let them get a network up and running really quick. Will the cable cos be interested in going into a partnership with Dish to deploy the spectrum on Sprint's old network?

I know that Sprint was doing a lot of work in the SDN/NFV area. Will T-Mobile adopt some of it? 

• Like 1

Both T-Mobile and Sprint have their Investor Relations quarterly results tomorrow at 4:30pm.   Do you think they are combining into one join meeting together?   

I noticed they said they were going to add B41 to T-Mobile sites, and add T-Mobile frequencies to the remaining Sprint sites. What about adding B25 and B26 to the T-Mobile sites?

Just now, afazel said:

I noticed they said they were going to add B41 to T-Mobile sites, and add T-Mobile frequencies to the remaining Sprint sites. What about adding B25 and B26 to the T-Mobile sites?

As long as we get some of T-Mob's 600mHz.    I'm sure the companies will utilize all their spectrum with what-ever the Government ends up letting them keep.     

4 minutes ago, dro1984 said:

As long as we get some of T-Mob's 600mHz.    I'm sure the companies will utilize all their spectrum with what-ever the Government ends up letting them keep.     

I'm actually on T-mobile these days, and wouldn't mind adding some of that sweet B25 and B26 LTE to my options. S8 supports all the relevant TMUS and Sprint LTE frequencies.

18 minutes ago, dro1984 said:

Both T-Mobile and Sprint have their Investor Relations quarterly results tomorrow at 4:30pm.   Do you think they are combining into one join meeting together?   

T-Mobile's earnings are being released after the closing bell today. Sprint's earnings release is tomorrow. The companies will continue seperate earnings releases this year as they are still operating "independently."

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, dro1984 said:

B25 and B26 will probably be added later since not a lot of t-Mobile phones support them. I am sure support will be added later to all T-Mobile phones going forward. There are a whole bunch of phones, particularly prepaid, on both sides the aisle that do not support both sets of frequencies.

Son just wanted out.  I keep hearing about debt, if Sprint has 34billion and vzw $120bil in debt what’s the problem? Sprint has the spectrum to get better whereas vzw can only buy more then deploy.  My point is in comparison they all have about the same amount of debt in relation to the size of their companies. -Son just wanted out because it’s a long term investment not a quick turnaround in the American market like he thought.

11 minutes ago, dnicekid said:

Son just wanted out.  I keep hearing about debt, if Sprint has 34billion and vzw $120bil in debt what’s the problem? Sprint has the spectrum to get better whereas vzw can only buy more then deploy.  My point is in comparison they all have about the same amount of debt in relation to the size of their companies. -Son just wanted out because it’s a long term investment not a quick turnaround in the American market like he thought.

Yeah, let's not look at the free cash flow, revenues, dividen payouts or anything else when we think about how burdensome the respective debt loads are. Let's just look at total debt, because that is the whole story. Look, warren buffet has more debt than I do, I must be doing better than him!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, dnicekid said:

I think Son wanted in the US market and got the long hanging fruit. I don’t think he did enough research into what he was buying into. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, derrph said:

I think Son wanted in the US market and got the long hanging fruit. I don’t think he did enough research into what he was buying into. 

If you do not think he did his research your sorely mistaken. He basically underestimated Tmobile's continued growth, which ended up being mostly at the expense of Sprint's Customer growth and a great benefit to DT (who themselves underestimated TMO USA) 

He thought, like most in the industry that Tmobile's net adds would have eventually flat lined, which in turn would have made the deal Masa expected, negotiating from a point of power. It all seemed logical. Funny how the complete opposite played out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, utiz4321 said:

Yeah, let's not look at the free cash flow, revenues, dividen payouts or anything else when we think about how burdensome the respective debt loads are. Let's just look at total debt, because that is the whole story. Look, warren buffet has more debt than I do, I must be doing better than him!

Let’s not. Let’s just keep it simple. Son was hoping for a quick turnaround... it didn’t work rather than take a chance he chose to get out. 

Your point about Warren is exactly what I am saying. Many kept pointing to Sprints debt, as you mentioned earlier (point) debt isn’t the only part. He chose to get out. 

21 minutes ago, dnicekid said:

Let’s not. Let’s just keep it simple. Son was hoping for a quick turnaround... it didn’t work rather than take a chance he chose to get out. 

Your point about Warren is exactly what I am saying. Many kept pointing to Sprints debt, as you mentioned earlier (point) debt isn’t the only part. He chose to get out. 

You my missed my point. Sprint's debt is burdensome, to the point that they wont be able to pay it back and continue to invest. Sprint is me, VZW is warren buffet. I thought that was clear but maybe not. 

• Like 1