Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

1 hour ago, Grabber5.0 said:

LOL I meant how long are they free. From what you're saying, I guess they are free as long as you keep them after the 12 month minimum?

Yea the way I understand it if you keep all the free lines at least 12 months you're home free. 

• Like 1

On 4/7/2021 at 1:47 PM, Paynefanbro said:

1. Great Free 5G Upgrade: T-Mobile is giving everyone a free 5G smartphone. Trade in your existing mobile phone, and T-Mobile will give you a brand-spanking-new, Samsung Galaxy A32 5G smartphone for free, exclusive to T-Mobile postpaid customers. This offer applies to new and existing customers, and ANY (literally any) old phone in working condition.
  2. .......

It is a lower-spec phone. I am not sure it is worth getting locked in for 24 months for.

5G Phone Upgrade: If you cancel wireless service before receiving 24 bill credits, you may owe up to the full value of your device ($282); if cancelling your account you can contact us first to instead make discounted monthly balance payments. Tax on pre-credit price due at sale. Qualifying credit, service, & functioning trade-in without screen or water damage required. $10 SIM card, and, in stores & on customer service calls, $20 assisted or upgrade support charge may be required. Must be active and in good standing to receive credits; allow 2 bill cycles. Max 4/acct. 

https://www.t-mobile.com/news/un-carrier/t-mobiles-next-un-carrier-move-5gforall

Edited by comintel
Fine tuning

The A32's are on the devices listing on the Sprint site, but I'm guessing you have to do this in-store, because there's definitely no upgrade path that shows you'd get it for free it you select it online on the website.

8 hours ago, PythonFanPA said:

The A32's are on the devices listing on the Sprint site, but I'm guessing you have to do this in-store, because there's definitely no upgrade path that shows you'd get it for free it you select it online on the website.

Do you have to wait until the 18th for the free phone trade in deal?

• Like 2

On 4/8/2021 at 12:21 PM, mmark27 said:

I would assume though that any phone through this would be TNX'ed. When I TNX'ed all 5 of my lines, they switched us over to a T-mobile plan that is more expensive than what I was paying when it was the Sprint plan. A frustration that CS was not able to help me with, so we're just stuck into paying $50 more a month in total (and it wasn't because fees were rolled into price, meaning my monthly total is $50 higher). However, if you don't TNX all your lines, then perhaps you keep the Sprint plan? 

I think they're slowly switching everyone over to these plans. Mine just switched this current billing cycle, and I have a bunch of lines that are not TNX, in fact I think most aren't even TNA.

On 4/8/2021 at 12:21 PM, mmark27 said:

I would assume though that any phone through this would be TNX'ed. When I TNX'ed all 5 of my lines, they switched us over to a T-mobile plan that is more expensive than what I was paying when it was the Sprint plan. A frustration that CS was not able to help me with, so we're just stuck into paying $50 more a month in total (and it wasn't because fees were rolled into price, meaning my monthly total is $50 higher). However, if you don't TNX all your lines, then perhaps you keep the Sprint plan? 

TNX refers to using a Sprint plan with a TMobile sim.

TNX does not switch your Sprint plan to a T-Mobile plan as such.  If it did, it would not be TNX but would be "Move to Magenta".

Now, maybe it did get switched to a Tax Included plan that may look like a T-Mobile plan but is still actually a Sprint plan.   That is occurring but is optional but can be opted out of.  If so, you can reverse it.  

5 hours ago, jporter12 said:

I think they're slowly switching everyone over to these plans. Mine just switched this current billing cycle, and I have a bunch of lines that are not TNX, in fact I think most aren't even TNA.

That is more likely a switch to a Tax Included plan.  Emails were sent ahead of time asking you to opt out if you wished.  You can also change back afterward on request.

20 hours ago, jporter12 said:

I’ve been told and have read that t-mobile will not switch your plan, you must request any plan change. Not sure if that also applies to legacy Sprint plans. When t-mobile improved the Magenta plans recently I had to specifically ask to be switched from Magenta 1.0 to Magenta 2.0 even though there was no change in price. 

53 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

My bill just jumped up overnight, $22 to be precise. This is not cool, chatting with them now this is bs. I get less features for more money? no thanks.

Did the name shown for your plan change to include the initials T.I. or Tax Included?

9 minutes ago, comintel said:

Did the name shown for your plan change to include the initials T.I. or Tax Included?

Yeah it shows T-Mobile Unlimited Freedom w/Taxes & Fees Inc Unlimited Talk, Text & Data, my line fees went from $65 to $75 a month for my main line and my second line went from $45 to $50. These people are so damn stupid on the phone I literally was screaming at these people because all they do is go on script. They literally don't understand when you talk to them, they submitted a request to roll me back because I apparently never got an email or text letting me know to opt out. Absolutely insane. 

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

Yeah it shows T-Mobile Unlimited Freedom w/Taxes & Fees Inc Unlimited Talk, Text & Data, my line fees went from $65 to $75 a month for my main line and my second line went from $45 to $50. These people are so damn stupid on the phone I literally was screaming at these people because all they do is go on script. They literally don't understand when you talk to them, they submitted a request to roll me back because I apparently never got an email or text letting me know to opt out. Absolutely insane. 

Mine jumped $10 per line (6 lines). Not terribly pleased. The email said it would maybe be a couple dollars. Let us know if they fix it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Mine jumped $10 per line (6 lines). Not terribly pleased. The email said it would maybe be a couple dollars. Let us know if they fix it. 

Yeah the person said it only went up $3, don't know what she was reading off of. She said that was the average increase. And after my chat she credited my account $3, I'm losing faith here.

3 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Mine jumped by $5 per line, but was offset by the reduced taxes and fees, overall it is about $12 a month less.

• Like 1

Mine jumped by $5/line, but considering the eliminated taxes and fees, my bill only went up 15 cents overall.  Considering I've seen those taxes and fees jump around month to month, I'm going to call the consistency this should bring to my bill a net win.

- Trip

• Like 3

23 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

5 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

3 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

Yeah the person said it only went up $3, don't know what she was reading off of. She said that was the average increase. And after my chat she credited my account $3, I'm losing faith here.

My exact experience with trying to deal with this. It's ridiculous and no one could put the prices back to where they were. I had to give up as to not have an aneurysm. Again, it wasn't because of the "Taxes Included", the total bill is $50-ish more a month and we actually went to cheaper phones this round for payment plan, so it's likely even more, but I just can't deal with this.  

3 minutes ago, mmark27 said:

My exact experience with trying to deal with this. It's ridiculous and no one could put the prices back to where they were. I had to give up as to not have an aneurysm. Again, it wasn't because of the "Taxes Included", the total bill is $50-ish more a month and we actually went to cheaper phones this round for payment plan, so it's likely even more, but I just can't deal with this.  

Glad I'm not the only one, if this doesn't get resolved I may be leaving it's absolutely ridiculous. 

3 hours ago, Trip said:

Mine jumped by $5/line, but considering the eliminated taxes and fees, my bill only went up 15 cents overall.  Considering I've seen those taxes and fees jump around month to month, I'm going to call the consistency this should bring to my bill a net win.

- Trip

Does that include the surcharges ("administrative" charges) as well or just taxes? My taxes rarely eclipsed $10 for all 6 lines combined. Even combining with the surcharges, that still comes to less than $40, meaning a $20 increase overall. 

Edit: I called and according to support, my bill will come out to be the same +/- a dollar. I'm not sure I get the math. I hope that's the case though.

On 4/10/2021 at 9:14 AM, IrwinshereAgain said:

Do you have to wait until the 18th for the free phone trade in deal?

Where is it stated the deal doesn't start until the 18th?   I've missed that somehow if that's the case.  All I've read is that the devices (including the 2 higher end models) would be available starting the 9th - which at least is true for the A32.

2 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Does that include the surcharges ("administrative" charges) as well or just taxes? My taxes rarely eclipsed $10 for all 6 lines combined. Even combining with the surcharges, that still comes to less than $40, meaning a $20 increase overall. 

Edit: I called and according to support, my bill will come out to be the same +/- a dollar. I'm not sure I get the math. I hope that's the case though.

The math is wrong I am most certain, you're likely going to be paying that $20 more.

2 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

I was going by what I saw on the website when I went earlier today.  I assume the final bill will come to my e-mail tomorrow.

- Trip

1 hour ago, PythonFanPA said:

Where is it stated the deal doesn't start until the 18th?   I've missed that somehow if that's the case.  All I've read is that the devices (including the 2 higher end models) would be available starting the 9th - which at least is true for the A32.

From the official T-Mobile press release:

"The Great Free 5G Phone Upgrade and Great Unlimited Trade-Up start April 18 and last all year long."

• Like 2

Gotcha, thanks Mike....I'd only read the Business Wire article back when the news first hit which really didn't give date specifics.  And I was cross referencing that with another release strictly about the new phones (A52 and A72 as well) themselves which touted April 9th release, so I just assumed that the free upgrade was also available out the gate too ha.

• Like 2