Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

4 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

No prob! Curious about this as well so I'll check it out. We're still on the Unlimited Freedom Plan with the "Love My Credit Union" Rewards. Won't have access to it until the weekend.

Having been on iOS since the early days, I couldn't believe how disjointed and "junky" the setup process still is for Samsung. At least I got it cleaned up, but wow.

BTW: Is there any mmWave in/around DC?

I just got a shipment of spicy new 5G radios and all I have are UDP voice & data and bucket IoT lines. I just wrote the radios to appear as an S20+ to see if I can get 5G access on my Voice UDP without getting throttled for being in an embedded modem. I don't know if they have a special APN. I still use just use cheap Motorola phones, they come with a some bloat if you get it from the carrier. I am too rough on a handset to spend on one of the nicer machines like iPhone or Samsung but they do appear to be very fast and powerful. Will you get the 5G iPhone this year that is expected?

I believe DC has some deployed. 

7 minutes ago, belusnecropolis said:

I just got a shipment of spicy new 5G radios and all I have are UDP voice & data and bucket IoT lines. I just wrote the radios to appear as an S20+ to see if I can get 5G access on my Voice UDP without getting throttled for being in an embedded modem. I don't know if they have a special APN. I still use just use cheap Motorola phones, they come with a some bloat if you get it from the carrier. I am too rough on a handset to spend on one of the nicer machines like iPhone or Samsung but they do appear to be very fast and powerful. Will you get the 5G iPhone this year that is expected?

I believe DC has some deployed. 

That's pretty neat. Yeah, I'm planning on doing my usual annual upgrade and getting the 5G iPhone when it comes out. Hopefully Apple puts both Sub-6 GHz and mmWave support on it. I'd imagine they'd have to support both given that Verizon's 5G network is essentially mmWave.

• Like 1

Well folks, after 20 years with Sprint... I couldn't take the slow data at home and near my home.   7mbps down (on a good day) and .3 up.    Today I switched to AT&T prepaid.  141mbps down and 10 up.  Hugely better!    Unlimited Plus for $50. (current offer)   Saves me $$ and way better speed.     It's been long time and I just got tired of waiting for network improvements.      

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, dro1984 said:

Well folks, after 20 years with Sprint... I couldn't take the slow data at home and near my home.   7mbps down (on a good day) and .3 up.    Today I switched to AT&T prepaid.  141mbps down and 10 up.  Hugely better!    Unlimited Plus for $50. (current offer)   Saves me $$ and way better speed.     It's been long time and I just got tired of waiting for network improvements.      

Best of luck to you.

• Like 2

Good thing with AT&T prepaid is that you’re not stuck in a contract. You can come back to New T-Mobile once network upgrades transpire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bennyjet29 said:

Good thing with AT&T prepaid is that you’re not stuck in a contract. You can come back to New T-Mobile once network upgrades transpire.

I'll still be here off and on.   It will be in my eye if they ever get the network fixed up/ updated properly.    It seems weird to have such high data speeds as I've never had them before.   I've been waiting for Sprint for 20 years to fix / upgrade... and now T-Mobile.   There is NO activity going on in metro Detroit right now with T-Mobile.   Still had B41 this morning.  (They haven't even shut it down around here yet). Still slow.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, dro1984 said:

Unlimited? Any throttling? Any Hotspot included?

"N" Though: 

This is what I have.    

AT&T PREPAID Unlimited Plus

Unlimited high-speed data

After 22GB, AT&T may temporarily slow data speeds if the network is busy. See AT&T broadband info.

5G access

AT&T 5G req’s compatible plan & device. 5G not available everywhere. Go to att.com/5Gforyou for details

Mobile hotspot 10GB

After allotted mobile hotspot data is used, hotspot speed is limited to maximum of 128Kbps. U.S. usage only

Stream HD Video

Watch your favorite videos in stunning high-definition (up to 1080p), when available, with Stream Saver® turned off.

Multi-Line discount

Unlimited talk and text to Mexico and Canada

Use talk, text, and data in Mexico and Canada.

Roaming data may be at 2G speed.

Unlimited text to over 100 countries.

Regular price was 75$ per month, new price is 50$ per month with AutoPay

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dro1984 said:

"N" Though: 

This is what I have.    

AT&T PREPAID Unlimited Plus

Unlimited high-speed data

After 22GB, AT&T may temporarily slow data speeds if the network is busy. See AT&T broadband info.

5G access

AT&T 5G req’s compatible plan & device. 5G not available everywhere. Go to att.com/5Gforyou for details

Mobile hotspot 10GB

After allotted mobile hotspot data is used, hotspot speed is limited to maximum of 128Kbps. U.S. usage only

Stream HD Video

Watch your favorite videos in stunning high-definition (up to 1080p), when available, with Stream Saver® turned off.

Multi-Line discount

Unlimited talk and text to Mexico and Canada

Use talk, text, and data in Mexico and Canada.

Roaming data may be at 2G speed.

Unlimited text to over 100 countries.

Regular price was 75$ per month, new price is 50$ per month with AutoPay

That's a really good plan. I may go with this next year. I plan to buy the 2021 unlocked iphone through Apple. 

• Like 1

That's a really good plan. I may go with this next year. I plan to buy the 2021 unlocked iphone through Apple. 

I keep forgetting you can do that via Apple. Definitely thinking about having my family in the Mohawk Valley/Adirondacks do that if New T-Mobile is unable to make substantial upgrades in that whole region. I brought them over from Straight Talk as their iPhone 5s’ were barely functional and they now have two iPhone 11’s. My iPhone 11 Pro Max works amazing all over the Greater Rochester region/market but definitely struggles back home. T-Mobile and Sprint have nowhere near the scale to compete with the duopoly in the 518. We all have the Unlimited Freedom plan which is priced fairly, just cannot justify having them pay for a service that is not being met/delivered consistently.

• Like 1

So I received the Note 20 Ultra today, Haven't left my house today. There is 5g in my area. 

5G icon with all bars shows up on my phone but I have no connection. 
On the Speedtest app it can't find a server. 
So I been using wifi instead. 

So I received the Note 20 Ultra today, Haven't left my house today. There is 5g in my area. 

That sucks big time. Hopefully it clears up for you.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, javon23 said:

Have you tried doing a PRL and Profile update?

3 minutes ago, javon23 said:

Yeah I have tried that a couple of times 

Do you have any other devices in your home on Sprint/T-Mobile that are Android?

• Like 1

If you have SignalCheck (Pro or Lite), try sending a diagnostic report (About > Send Diagnostics) with WiFi off. If it fails, connect to WiFi and try again, it'll save the previous report and send both. Maybe I'll be able to see something in the background that could be helpful.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mikejeep said:

If you have SignalCheck (Pro or Lite), try sending a diagnostic report (About > Send Diagnostics) with WiFi off. If it fails, connect to WiFi and try again, it'll save the previous report and send both. Maybe I'll be able to see something in the background that could be helpful.

Screenshot_20200820-102737_SignalCheck Pro.jpg

2 hours ago, stlman314 said:

Do you have any other devices in your home on Sprint/T-Mobile that are Android?

Only device. 

Upgraded from the Note 10+. Still have it but swapped activating the Note Ultra on the same line yesterday

https://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/everyone-chasing-t-mobile-analyst

Just hope New T-Mobile can keep the revenue coming and make widespread upgrades to keep churn rate down. That will be the only way they can remain competitive with AT&T and Verizon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So uh what was the point of saying we are getting free upgrades to the premium version of Call Screener if it's still going to be required that we open the app every other day for a data update? Wasn't background updates a premium feature?

10 minutes ago, cyclone said:

So uh what was the point of saying we are getting free upgrades to the premium version of Call Screener if it's still going to be required that we open the app every other day for a data update? Wasn't background updates a premium feature?

I don't have to do that.

I have to opt in every two days. Cal Screener is a hot mess.964912ad96309b434aa967a9902a61ee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro