Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

All I ask is that my LG V60 be given access to the T-Mobile 5G network
It should already have access to it. All current Sprint 5G phones should use the TMO 5G and LTE networks first, then the Sprint networks, then roaming.

According to American Towers, the T-Mobile/Sprint merger has not had material impact on their business during the second quarter. Basically there have not been any Sprint site decommissioning or new sites added. They expect activity to pick up later this year.

https://www.fiercewireless.com/financial/t-mobile-moving-slower-than-expected-post-merger-network-american-tower

Edited by bigsnake49
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Grabber5.0 said:
1 hour ago, stlman314 said:
All I ask is that my LG V60 be given access to the T-Mobile 5G network

It should already have access to it. All current Sprint 5G phones should use the TMO 5G and LTE networks first, then the Sprint networks, then roaming.

Should but it doesn't. You have the Fake 5G icon but not true 5G. NR is turned off on the phone. Even when I enable it turns itself right back off. My wife's Samsung A71 5G has it. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mdob07 said:

I was able to go back to this area today to track this site down and do some testing. 

Nice find. Where exactly is this this site? I'm guessing somewhere around Jeffersonville?

14 hours ago, mdob07 said:

The site is also broadcasting a 20MHz B41 carrier, using a different GCI than the rest of the LTE bands on the site. B2/B66 are on 0064C0xx, B41 LTE was broadcasting on 01A539xx.

This is unfortunately very common on T-Mobile network-wide. It makes tracking frustrating, to say the least. I guess it's not as bad as Sprint's one GCI per band in Louisville though...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RAvirani said:

Nice find. Where exactly is this this site? I'm guessing somewhere around Jeffersonville?

This is unfortunately very common on T-Mobile network-wide. It makes tracking frustrating, to say the least. I guess it's not as bad as Sprint's one GCI per band in Louisville though...

Its right next to I64 as soon as you get across the bridge in New Albany Indiana. 

cfe484cd1476ff2309ede047ba6b7b74.png
Just got this text yesterday from Sprint. However, I noticed while I was driving around the City of Rochester that my Ford Sync in my Fusion Sport was showing “R” for roaming. I only know it means roaming for a fact as it always appears when I lose Sprint and my iPhone utilizes T-Mobile, AT&T, etc. With that said, I wonder if my Ford Sync will continue to recognize New T-Mobile network as roaming or will there be an over the air update that will allow my iPhone 11 Pro Max to officially join the new network? Either way, not complaining as I always have great Sprint service in center city of Rochester and the roaming symbol tells me New T-Mobile is really happening! [emoji1605]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cant believe today is the official last day of Sprint. Not sure if I want to celebrate or cry or both lol
It's not really the last day. I think it's more that stores will become TMO stores and possibly billing all in one. It's going to take a year or more to get everyone off the sprint network..

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, clbowens said:

When I go to sprint.com, I get routed to tmobile.com now

Looks like, for the moment at least, the coverage map (coverage.sprint.com) still works.

- Trip

• Like 4

7 hours ago, PhillipJames89 said:

Moto Edge is on sale. I think it’s the cheapest 5G smart phone right now. Specs are pretty good and it does activate on Sprint/Tmobile. I may buy it so I can locate N41 in my area

I am also thinking about ordering a Moto edge just to drive around and look for 5G in my small-ish metropolitan area.

I also picked up a Moto G Stylus and really like the phone. This is coming form a Samsung Galaxy S10+ too!  I just wish it had NFC and Wireless charging.  I'm loving the headphone jack and apt-x HD Bluetooth support built-in.  If Moto-Lenovo would increase the frequency and timeliness of updates, plus commit to 2-3 years of updates, including 2 major OS updates, I would jump ship from Samsung.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bill875 said:

I am also thinking about ordering a Moto edge just to drive around and look for 5G in my small-ish metropolitan area.

I also picked up a Moto G Stylus and really like the phone. This is coming form a Samsung Galaxy S10+ too!  I just wish it had NFC and Wireless charging.  I'm loving the headphone jack and apt-x HD Bluetooth support built-in.  If Moto-Lenovo would increase the frequency and timeliness of updates, plus commit to 2-3 years of updates, including 2 major OS updates, I would jump ship from Samsung.

That’s what I’m doing. I’m going to use it for a week. Test out the dc metro area. 

https://www.lightreading.com/5g/t-mobile-is-dragging-its-feet-with-5g-buildout-tower-cos-warn/d/d-id/762865

On the one hand, I feel like this comports with what I'm seeing; that the new 2.5 GHz antennas are not popping up as quickly as I would have thought.  On the other hand, a lot of the gear in the big cities is on rooftops, rather than towers.  While some rooftops are contracted to American Tower or Crown Castle, I have to imagine a decent number of them cut out the middle man entirely and work directly with the carriers.  My home site on Sprint appears to have the new T-Mobile antenna, and it's on a high-rise.  The other site I've seen around here with the new 2.5 GHz antenna is owned by Crown Castle. 

- Trip

• Like 2

ACtC-3e9jdqkKKNJqlm5aQmE7wJ_OcQ4g0b07eWo.

Just noticed on the way up from the Twin Cities to Duluth that B2 was 15MHz on one of the towers kiiiinda in the middle of nowhere by Rush City MN off I35. TMO didnt have 15 befoee anywhere, right? Wonder if there were so little Sprint customers to justify larger B25 so they refarmed it for B2 like in some cities?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trip said:

https://www.lightreading.com/5g/t-mobile-is-dragging-its-feet-with-5g-buildout-tower-cos-warn/d/d-id/762865

On the one hand, I feel like this comports with what I'm seeing; that the new 2.5 GHz antennas are not popping up as quickly as I would have thought.  On the other hand, a lot of the gear in the big cities is on rooftops, rather than towers.  While some rooftops are contracted to American Tower or Crown Castle, I have to imagine a decent number of them cut out the middle man entirely and work directly with the carriers.  My home site on Sprint appears to have the new T-Mobile antenna, and it's on a high-rise.  The other site I've seen around here with the new 2.5 GHz antenna is owned by Crown Castle. 

- Trip

T-Mo is moving very slow.    There has nothing been done around me.  Towers are all the same.  Same lousy low speed data as before.   3mbs down....  .5 up.     AT&T on the other hand has been upgrading their towers around here and nation wide from what i've been hearing from friends in other states.    Was really hoping for more.   I believed all the hype... the advertising,... but as it's proving to be all PR and no substance.   Even in the areas where they say they've been working/ upgrading... it's only one tower here or there but no massive conversion by market.    This was confirmed by other members on here.    Sad!  

ACtC-3e9jdqkKKNJqlm5aQmE7wJ_OcQ4g0b07eWoCdZgvqx1Wa4K4bobvcDzhvhRAt8Ud7Pe15-um4Q6i3jwEJvzN1AFA7paY3CH-V8KmeiJNSTwUHiFPBsML407ScBcNC83jO_NCdDZb52qF22Tj0Gtk0wl=w1236-h2538-no.

Just noticed on the way up from the Twin Cities to Duluth that B2 was 15MHz on one of the towers kiiiinda in the middle of nowhere by Rush City MN off I35. TMO didnt have 15 befoee anywhere, right? Wonder if there were so little Sprint customers to justify larger B25 so they refarmed it for B2 like in some cities?

The twin cities is 15x15 so it's possible they could be using sprints A block to widen to 15x15 in rush City. Duluth itself will be more complicated as the two combined don't have contiguous spectrum,vzw holds the 5x5 D block, so sprints was the 15x15 A block and TMO 15x15 B block in Duluth

5 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

The twin cities is 15x15 so it's possible they could be using sprints A block to widen to 15x15 in rush City. Duluth itself will be more complicated as the two combined don't have contiguous spectrum,vzw holds the 5x5 D block, so sprints was the 15x15 A block and TMO 15x15 B block in Duluth

Ah gotcha, thanks! It's the first and only tower I've seen with 15mhz B2 in the area though I haven't been in either of the downtown area since before the pandemic started, I mostly frequent the east metro area from Woodbury through River Falls.

Ah gotcha, thanks! It's the first and only tower I've seen with 15mhz B2 in the area though I haven't been in either of the downtown area since before the pandemic started, I mostly frequent the east metro area from Woodbury through River Falls.
That's my area too [emoji16] . I believe TMO has 10x10 B2 in river falls they can do 15x15 with sprints spectrum

• Love 1