Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

Has anyone else enabled the new free call screener?  I cleared all the data for my call screener app and when I started it up again, I was on the free call screener.

1 hour ago, clbowens said:

Has anyone else enabled the new free call screener?  I cleared all the data for my call screener app and when I started it up again, I was on the free call screener.

Just enabled it.  I was using the basic screener before and not the premium. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Cardsfan96 said:

Where in STL? Are those the 2.5 panels?

stlman314: Inbox you ??

Why?   Is it a secret?    Tell us please.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cardsfan96 said:

Where in STL? Are those the 2.5 panels?

Yes. That's an 8 port dualband (4xLow/4xHigh) antenna in the middle, a 4 port midband antenna on the right and a massive MIMO 2.5 antenna on the left. 

• Like 4

You get a premium now for free. I upgraded on an iPhone and Caller ID did not work. I uninstalled it,  rebooted the iPhone, reinstalled the app and Caller ID works nice now.

2 hours ago, RAvirani said:

Yes. That's an 8 port dualband (4xLow/4xHigh) antenna in the middle, a 4 port midband antenna on the right and a massive MIMO 2.5 antenna on the left. 

I was under the impression that those were MM Wave, and the 2.5/N41 antennas are slightly larger.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dkoellerwx said:

I was under the impression that those were MM Wave, and the 2.5/N41 antennas are slightly larger.

In NYC, the mmWave antennas are slightly smaller. This site in NYC has n41 and mmWave. The second antenna from the left is n41 and the second antenna from the right with the tiny square above it is mmWave. The tiny square above it is for LAA.

sdw6gwM.jpg

Photo from: https://twitter.com/milanmilanovic/status/1261073772964175873/photo/1

32 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

Also found my second tmobile towee with 2.5ghz . This one is in Lady Lake Fl. B71, N71 and n41 are not active yet

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

I think that's MM Wave? I haven't seen them side by side yet so I'm still struggling a bit.

The newer gen AEHC's Nokia N41 M-MIMO units will be larger in dimensions than the current ones (AAHF, AEJH etc) by about a feet in length (~2' vs ~3') so it'll be more rectangular than a square like the current ones. 

• Like 1

On 7/23/2020 at 4:57 PM, dro1984 said:

Any members in Chicago that can post some speed test results from T-Mobile?     

I'm just north/northwest of Chicago as in we border Chicago. On Sprint I was delighted to get 5Mb/1Mb on SpeedTest.
I've had a grandfathered 200 MB/Mo freebee T-Mobile plan on our iPad so I knew the speeds 
were potentially decent. I ported 4 lines over yesterday I've attached a typical SpeedTest screen shot. Basically I'm not disappointed.
The fact that the cost is substantially less doesn't hurt either.
J

IMG_6953.PNG

• Like 1

On 7/24/2020 at 11:22 AM, dro1984 said:

stlman314: Inbox you ??

Why?   Is it a secret?    Tell us please.   

No secret. Didn't know if it would violate any rules in the forum. The one in the picture is On Goodfellow Blvd just north of W. Florissant by the railroad tracks. There is another one on the westside of I-270 at Manchester near Flushing Meadows dr.

On 7/24/2020 at 6:16 PM, Grabber5.0 said:

Even after all the pics I've seen on here over the years, I still have no idea what I'm looking at when I see a tower. emoji16.png

me either... the Sprint ones out here were easy to find, could pick them out quick, with those attached RRUs... now.. pfft they all blend in

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, floorguy said:

me either... the Sprint ones out here were easy to find, could pick them out quick, with those attached RRUs... now.. pfft they all blend in

AT&T seems to be the hardest to spot in my area. They don't deploy their entire spectrum in every tower, so the pattern of the antenna panels always throws me off. T-Mobile seems to have uniformity, but is quickly losing that due to their new towers getting different setups as technology evolves.

Fortunately, the antenna used for B41 seems very unique, so spotting T-Mobile in the future should be somewhat easier. I have yet to see any other carrier use a similar antenna.

1 hour ago, floorguy said:

Here in STL some T-Mobile ones can be tricky to spot and then some Sprint towers that were Clear only they added B25 to them which if you don't know the area you would think it was T-Mobile tower.

2 hours ago, stlman314 said:

Here in STL some T-Mobile ones can be tricky to spot and then some Sprint towers that were Clear only they added B25 to them which if you don't know the area you would think it was T-Mobile tower.

Is the STL market a Nokia or Ericsson market for T-Mobile?

Is there a way to tell if my iPhone is on macrocell or femtocell? 
I recently switched to T-Mobile and the PCI I’m connected to at home doesn’t match any of the local macro cells as reported by cellmapper. The PCI i connect to is for about a 1 block radius which seems large for a femtocell. Also the upload speeds I sometime get are much higher than any broadband plans around here offer which leads me to think it’s not a femtocell as well. So maybe a small cell? I drove around the neighborhood this morning and noted the PCIs  and except for the block around my home all are accounted for in cellmapper. Any insight appreciated. The actual PCI is 313 and wonder if that precludes a femtocell as well?