Jump to content
Nextel49

Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, dewbertdc said:

Both Neville Ray (President of Technology) and Callie Field (EVP of Customer Service) have tweeted about it, each of them intimating that the event will have something to do with their respective areas of responsibility within T-Mobile.

I really think this event is going to be more an announcement of the retirement of the Sprint brand, plans to integrate the networks and customer base, etc.  Perhaps with a few new things thrown in.  I don't really think it will be transformational beyond that, but I could be wrong.

 
 

 

I'm ok with that!   That would be huge news that many of us have been waiting for ... ie network transformation progress etc.       Sprint brand retiring... Naw... we all know that and that has already been made public.     

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I am going to go with DSS to allow T-Mobile LTE and 5G to be shared with each other.

That’s a damn good and realistic idea, I think it might be just that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, dro1984 said:

  Sprint brand retiring... Naw... we all know that and that has already been made public.     

We know about it because we're nerds who spend time on these forums and reddit... but they haven't had a big media push to tell customers what's going on with it, what to expect, etc.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's almost definitely related to retiring of the Sprint brand with some network news as well.  A clear cutoff needs to happen and we all know that day is August 2nd. Or have you forgotten? 

That said tomorrow is a great time to have an announcement about the pending major shift.  Makes total sense. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's coming... media push etc.... but I'm expecting that around Day 1 (August 2).  (Thanks JonnygATL...we posted at the same time)      This was to have been the time the Sprint brand goes away, but with the current virus situation plans can and do change.   

So many of us are waiting to hear where the networks stands... it's very exciting.    So far, all we really have is sporadic testimonials for certain members and their speed tests,  here that are in the first conversion cities ( New York, Philly...)

I'm hoping for some good plan price intros to lure me into something a little cheaper than what I have now.    

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dewbertdc said:

Both Neville Ray (President of Technology) and Callie Field (EVP of Customer Service) have tweeted about it, each of them intimating that the event will have something to do with their respective areas of responsibility within T-Mobile.

I really think this event is going to be more an announcement of the retirement of the Sprint brand, plans to integrate the networks and customer base, etc.  Perhaps with a few new things thrown in.  I don't really think it will be transformational beyond that, but I could be wrong.

 

Sorry tried to pull the tweets out..

anyway...


I am hoping they are announcing the death of sprints crappy website..... for that year i was with Tmo.. the website was 10000% better than sprints crap.. Can't tell you how many times sprints site will time out or have an oooppps we run into trouble..

So hoping for some integration like that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope they address why they took down the free popeyes chicken sandwich lol. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JonnygATL said:

It's almost definitely related to retiring of the Sprint brand with some network news as well.  A clear cutoff needs to happen and we all know that day is August 2nd. Or have you forgotten? 

That said tomorrow is a great time to have an announcement about the pending major shift.  Makes total sense. 

We're overthinking this. 

Prepare for disappointment as this announcement probably has something to do with MLB.tv and some type of T-Mobile exclusive fan interaction. If T-Mobile really wanted to impress me, they'd bring back kickback to unlimited postpaid customers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nah. That makes zero sense. Day one as defined by New TMobile is August 2nd. That's been made clear on more than one occasion. How could this possibly not include that?  It would be absolutely impossible at this point. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, radem said:

I am going to go with DSS to allow T-Mobile LTE and 5G to be shared with each other.

$5 says it isn't DSS. They have enough spectrum in bands 71 and 41 to not need it, and if they're going to climb towers it'll be for adding n71 and n41, neither of which are densely deployed right now.

My bet is something about improved low and mid band 5G deployments, with a kicker of opt-in T-Mobile primary network conversion for anyone on Sprint who wants it...and opt-in account conversion (including SIMs) for a subset of plans.

Maybe new plans on T-Mobile's side that are at least as good a deal as Sprint's published unlimited plans.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ugh. So ratchet.

Folks were mad over not getting a free chicken sandwich.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

e91506d92abbb997715a811da4168a5d.png
35b0cb33f7845ce00abb02b47dd6c63f.png

Forgot to post this Speedtest I took earlier in Brockport, NY which is 20min west of Rochester and was founded along the Erie Canal. I have done many speed tests over the years dating back to fall 2014 when I first got my iPhone 6 and Sprint had begun to really expand 4G. With that said, it was not until this Speedtest that I had topped 300 mbps down or over 20mbps upload. This was done on my iPhone 11 Pro Max, which is obviously an Advanced LTE device. I still do not know for certain what today’s announcement will be but New T-Mobile is already surpassing my expectations. Just think how much faster this Speedtest could have been had my iPhone been packing a Qualcomm X50 modem as opposed to the Intel XMM 7660 modem.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, iansltx said:

$5 says it isn't DSS. They have enough spectrum in bands 71 and 41 to not need it, and if they're going to climb towers it'll be for adding n71 and n41, neither of which are densely deployed right now.

My bet is something about improved low and mid band 5G deployments, with a kicker of opt-in T-Mobile primary network conversion for anyone on Sprint who wants it...and opt-in account conversion (including SIMs) for a subset of plans.

Maybe new plans on T-Mobile's side that are at least as good a deal as Sprint's published unlimited plans.

T-Mobile has a countdown for the announcement on their homepage now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, it's about spam calls.  So, who won the bet?!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not impressed with ScamSheild and it  even sucks more that Sprint accounts don't have the exact same thing.    Went on MySprint... nothing there, no info nothing to turn July 24th... at least put some info on the phone-site.         This entire Uncarrier thing kinda blew.      

From PhoneArena:  "The full benefits of Scam Shield (and the new app itself) will be available to Sprint customers at a later date."    ??    

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, dro1984 said:

Not impressed with ScamSheild and it   even sucks more that Sprint accounts don't have the exact same thing.    Went on MySprint... nothing there, no info nothing to turn July 24th... at least put some info on the phone-site.         This entire Uncarrier thing kinda blew.      

From PhoneArena:  "The full benefits of Scam Shield (and the new app itself) will be available to Sprint customers at a later date."    ??    

you can use it on sprint, you just need to use the call screener app (from what i understood).  i was paying $2.99 for the premium caller id which i have canceled so i am interested in seeing if this will now become free.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

July 24th The “Call Screener Plus” App becomes free. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, derrph said:


Folks were mad over not getting a free chicken sandwich.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol I legit absolutely do not get this chicken sandwich obsession. I mean....it's a chicken sandwich.  Unless it's performing sexual favors at zero cost, I'm not amazed. 

Also...spam calls?  Uh..ok. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JonnygATL said:

Lol I legit absolutely do not get this chicken sandwich obsession. I mean....it's a chicken sandwich.  Unless it's performing sexual favors at zero cost, I'm not amazed. 

Also...spam calls?  Uh..ok. 

I suppose you could use it like the apple pie in american pie, whatever floats your boat..

 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it is a chicken sandwich and not a chicken strip 😝

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JonnygATL said:

...it's a chicken sandwich.  Unless it's performing sexual favors at zero cost, I'm not amazed. 

Sounds like you have become quite desperate during this pandemic. Lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dkyeager said:

Sounds like you have become quite desperate during this pandemic. Lol

Social distancing. I'm sure you understand. 😂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

T-Mobile has 'fresh deals' in the pipeline to celebrate its 5G evolution after Sprint's imminent death

Part I like the most:  Sprint customers will have to wait until sometime "next week" to check out T-Mo's "new, aggressive offers" aimed at enticing everyone to stick with the "unified" mobile network operator.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...