Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

It really is b/c Sprint could have been that wireless carrier. Especially in the 5G realm. All SoftBank had to do was build out 2.5 nationally, participated in the 600mhz auction and upgrade the back haul.
Yep and even buy dishes AWS spectrum. SoftBank has the money for all that

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Sprint's problems predate Softbank, but yes Softbank could have invested some money in Sprint and made it a much better carrier. They overpaid on everything they bought after Sprint.

Edited by bigsnake49
  • Like 2

So that's a wrap on that. This merger was the best thing to ever happen to Sprint to be honest at this point. We're finally getting the network that we deserve.

Flashback (11/30/2016): https://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/sprint-cfo-robbiati-600-mhz-spectrum-past

Sigh....

• Like 2

Water under the bridge and glad it's over!   Nothing but frustration with Sprint's management team... watching all the bad decisions (many many!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tengen31 said:

Of course they did. One of Sprint's primary justifications for the merger wound up being its lack of low-band spectrum. How self-fulfilling and ironic.

So far T-Mobile has executed this merger brilliantly, and during a global pandemic too!

• Like 2

Of course they did. One of Sprint's primary justifications for the merger wound up being its lack of low-band spectrum. How self-fulfilling and ironic.

So far T-Mobile has executed this merger brilliantly, and during a global pandemic too!

Yep even if you have idiots on Reddit claiming they left TMO cause of their slow rollout of 2.5. as of it can go Nationwide in 3 months [emoji848]

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

Yep even if you have idiots on Reddit claiming they left TMO cause of their slow rollout of 2.5. as of it can go Nationwide in 3 months emoji848.png

OMG are you kidding?  People are really that ignorant?  Wow.  Well I'm personally in it for the long haul.  I've been waiting too damn long to see the power of 2.5 unleashed nationwide and while Sprint did a surprisingly solid and admirable job of building out their network with extremely limited resources, I'm looking forward to seeing what a less restrictive budget and crafty network engineering can do.

• Like 3

Yep0e90721f5081a5697c1f599f402c1060.jpg

Talk about someone who is clearly misinformed. Once the big metros are all set, the nationwide rollout will kick it into overdrive and should be almost wrapped up by Christmas! [emoji2363][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talk about someone who is clearly misinformed. Once the big metros are all set, the nationwide rollout will kick it into overdrive and should be almost wrapped up by Christmas! [emoji2363][emoji1787]

I didn't think it would even be that quick

I didn't think it would even be that quick

https://www.fiercewireless.com/operators/verizon-s-cbrs-3-5-ghz-deployments-rise-rootmetrics

New T-Mobile seems really aggressive with the rollout and I am sure the executives realize that any advantage they have on VZW will surely dissipate. VZW is almost ready to rollout their own mid band spectrum and we know AT&T is not sitting idle either. Factor in the Note 20 and iPhone 12 launches, New T-Mobile really needs to keep up the pace to keep churn down!

• Like 1

https://www.fiercewireless.com/operators/verizon-to-stop-certain-ad-claims-5g-coverage

In other news, the duopoly is sparing with each other over speeds/coverage and seems to be feeling the heat put on by New T-Mobile. [emoji16]

• Like 2

https://www.fiercewireless.com/operators/verizon-s-cbrs-3-5-ghz-deployments-rise-rootmetrics

New T-Mobile seems really aggressive with the rollout and I am sure the executives realize that any advantage they have on VZW will surely dissipate. VZW is almost ready to rollout their own mid band spectrum and we know AT&T is not sitting idle either. Factor in the Note 20 and iPhone 12 launches, New T-Mobile really needs to keep up the pace to keep churn down!

True vzw has been deploying B48 equipment for some time on their towers, so that will be a quick turn on

• Like 1

All I know... Having this S-20 Ultra, and utilizing Tmo improved coverage in Utah (and its TONS better from like 3 yrs ago when I tried for a yr)... I cant wait to see what the combined assets will do..  Hell volte will be about as good as the standard cell coverage...

I have been hitting all the bands (except the N-bands. I think) SCP bounces all over..2, 12, 66, 71  I have had to add new notes as they are Tmo towers instead of Sprint hahahha

• Like 3

Even though the merger is well on it's way, the actual transfer from CDMA to GSM will still be a few years ? The ability to take a sim card and use it on an unlocked phone will be a big benefit vs. dealing with whitelisting of IMEI

1 hour ago, Swordfish said:

Even though the merger is well on it's way, the actual transfer from CDMA to GSM will still be a few years ? The ability to take a sim card and use it on an unlocked phone will be a big benefit vs. dealing with whitelisting of IMEI

It's not a CDMA vs. GSM thing. Verizon has had transferrable SIMs for awhile. It's a Sprint provisioning thing. T-Mobile will probably just get rid of Sprint provisioning altogether by doling out TMo SIMs rather than fixing the Sprint side.

• Like 4

Anybody think they know what the "Uncarrier Move" will be tomorrow?    Some places are speculating that it's network related...   Thoughts?  Guesses?    

• Like 1

Anybody think they know what the "Uncarrier Move" will be tomorrow?    Some places are speculating that it's network related...   Thoughts?  Guesses?    

New T-Mobile will have completed their layer cake in the cities where Sprint 5G got shutdown. Really ambitious but I will go with that lol.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, dro1984 said:

I am going to go with DSS to allow T-Mobile LTE and 5G to be shared with each other.

• Like 2

Both Neville Ray (President of Technology) and Callie Field (EVP of Customer Service) have tweeted about it, each of them intimating that the event will have something to do with their respective areas of responsibility within T-Mobile.

I really think this event is going to be more an announcement of the retirement of the Sprint brand, plans to integrate the networks and customer base, etc.  Perhaps with a few new things thrown in.  I don't really think it will be transformational beyond that, but I could be wrong.

• Like 1