Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

25 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

xfinity mobile runs off of verizon wireless...i have them...so they wouldnt have access to sprints network.

I know but they can run on band 41 if Sprint allows it and if they have a device that supports band 41

5 minutes ago, IamMrFamous07 said:

I know but they can run on band 41 if Sprint allows it and if they have a device that supports band 41

well sprint isnt contracted with comcast. but lets continue this conversation in a personal message.

1 hour ago, nexgencpu said:

Didn’t sprint say they are adding 8000 new sprint sites ?

4 hours ago, dro1984 said:

Both Sprint and T-Mobile officially announced they are ending merger talks.   What? Really...  Yes!     :rofl:

From the article...

The companies’ unusual step of making a joint announcement on the canceled negotiations could indicate they still recognize the merits of a merger, keeping the door open for potential future talks.

Reuters claims this is highly unusual.  Because it is highly unusual to announce something is off for something that was never announced on.  You got lucky.  But that's OK.  You get one point for calling something unusual to happen.  Good job.  :censored:

I see this as a bargaining tactic for both sides.  So the official announcement could be seen as both sides want to continue pursuing a deal.  This is an announcement to each other to say, I am not accepting your terms, you need to come closer to my terms.  Both sides are trying to bluff the other.  But since it's basically an ultimatum, both are willing to go on their way if the other won't move.  

However, there is more than just a passing chance that one side can lure the other back in to talks if they make some movement toward the other's standoff line.  These press releases weren't for us, they were for them.  :popcorn:

• Like 2

Un-usual™ Un-merger™ 2.0

AJ

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, WiWavelength said:

Un-usual™ Un-merger™ 2.0

AJ

I wonder if in the next few days the news will announce an un-cease in the merger talks deciding an unending to their merger talks. Becoming the never ending un-partnership of sorts.

1 hour ago, Arysyn said:

I wonder if in the next few days the news will announce an un-cease in the merger talks deciding an unending to their merger talks. Becoming the never ending un-partnership of sorts.

who knows i undoubtly suspect it will never be a unending thing.

• Like 1

If Masa isn't going to get control of Charter, these never ending talks between SoftBank and DT might get back on. Charter's current market cap is $83 billion. For SoftBank, that may be too much money to burn considering any merger on that end would probably run closer to $100 billion.

Either way, I don't see a good path for SoftBank here. Cable companies won't want to relinquish control either. That may just leave Sprint at a stalemate because SoftBank can't find a deal they like, which could end up being very bad for Sprint.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have a different take.  Announcement of a non-merger is unusual, therefor take T-Mobile and Sprint at their word.

A deal with a cable company makes sense if Softbank is constrained in making further investments in Sprint given its ownership level.  Beyond that I am uncertain.  Yes there is content rights, backhaul, and customer base but also a lot of items in a mature industry that may not be of interest.  Hopefully what ever additional happens, occurs soon, so the main focus returns to improving service/revenues.

• 5 months later...

Little Massa Son has gone on a spending spree for the last few years putting Softbank in massive debt which the board is now making him sell some of the assets that are not profitable. Brightstar is on sale, and now Sprint will follow. 

See...now this is when I just put my hands up with Sprint and there “network” plans if this indeed true.
Sprint will probably bend more to T-mobile this go around. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Little Massa Son has gone into a spending spread for the last few years putting Softbank in massive debt which the board is now making him sell some of the assets that are not profitable. Brightstar is on sale, and now Sprint will follow. 
You think SoftBank will sell and give up control of Sprint?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just now, Tengen31 said:

I think this time it will happen, and anyone that is experiencing terrible coverage better port now because the current Sprint will not fix it.

• Like 2

This Time I think it will happen ... Especially if this slows down sprint network plan again and softbank this time may even get a less percentage then before

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

I think this time a deal will happen

Lol I don’t care whether it happens or not. I just don’t want them to put network plans on hold lol. I still expect volte this fall, 4x4 MIMO, 256 qam soon, and the 5 “5G” cities this year 

• Like 2

Just now, IamMrFamous07 said:

Lol I don’t care whether it happens or not. I just don’t want them to put network plans on hold lol. I still expect volte this fall, 4x4 MIMO, 256 qam soon, and the 5 “5G” cities this year 

All that will be on hold like it has been for the last 3 years.

• Like 1

This Time I think it will happen ... Especially if this slows down sprint network plan again and softbank this time may even get a less percentage then before

They better not slow network upgrades again. I don't see how that can survive that.