Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

13 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

Holy batman!! TMOBILE tower in NY with Mmwave, N71, N41 massive mimo.27ef53dda082119a24f6f1bb43f93c04.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

Wow!  Great news Terrell!     Where did you find the photo?     T-Mobile is wasting no time deploying network!! 

23 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

Holy batman!! TMOBILE tower in NY with Mmwave, N71, N41 massive mimo.27ef53dda082119a24f6f1bb43f93c04.jpg

Nice. This is what real capex looks like. Finally.

• Like 3

Nice. This is what real capex looks like. Finally.
I just saw this. Wonder if Sprint pcs is being used on the site yet?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, dro1984 said:

They named an Indian company to do the work.    No wonder Charlie E was in India for weeks!     Wouldn't Ericsson or a well known company be a better choice?    Not thrilled personally with this news.     Hopefully they hire US workers to do the work at competitive wages.     (doughtful)       Everyone in the media was wondering why he said he can build a 5G network for 10 billion. (See link below)     Maybe this is how.     Very shady.

Ergen defends lower projected costs of Dish 5G network architecture

The company was founded and is still very much based in Richardson, TX. Just because the CEO's name is Pardeep Kohli doesn't make them an Indian Company 😒

As for their reputation, they are noted as helping T-Mobile become the first network to offer VoLTE

https://www.convergedigest.com/2014/07/t-mobiles-volte-is-powered-by-mavenirs.html

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, bigsnake49 said:

If they can avoid pursuing the cheap mfers that will burn through 20GBs/month with stupid offers they will do fine. Go after Cricket's and Tracfone customer and you will do fine.

I don't know that Dish will have any sort of infrastructure set within 10 years to get into the "unlimited" game like the Big 3. If they were to bring back extremely cheap data buckets, they could do well for themselves. Take the Google Fi model and undercut them; charge an access fee for voice and text and then sell dirt-cheap data by the GB (or by the MB). 

Once the network is solid, start going after premium subscribers by bundling Sling like At&t does with their TV service.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cyclone said:

The company was founded and is still very much based in Richardson, TX. Just because the CEO's name is Pardeep Kohli doesn't make them an Indian Company 😒

As for their reputation, they are noted as helping T-Mobile become the first network to offer VoLTE

https://www.convergedigest.com/2014/07/t-mobiles-volte-is-powered-by-mavenirs.html

They are also working with Rakuten with their greenfield network.

1 hour ago, Terrell352 said:

For those of us more used to Samsung, can you break this out by which brand and model does what from left to right?  Thanks!!

For those of us more used to Samsung, can you break this out by which brand and model does what from left to right?  Thanks!!
Left B12, B71, N71
Second to the left B2/B25 possible N2/N25
Middle massive mimo B41/N41
Second to the right B4/B66 possible N66
Right mmwave.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, RedSpark said:

Dish named the first vendor for its 5G build: https://www.fiercewireless.com/5g/dish-network-names-mavenir-as-first-vendor-for-its-5g-network-build

Think they'll be able to do it?

Mavenir's OpenRAN has been deployed on very large networks successfully. They have a good track record. And they are very much a forward-thinking company. 

I think they'll be able to get the job done. 

• Like 1

I can confirm that. Out here in the wilds of Montana.3afccc5485d8b3ab17f51041609516f0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

What is the BW there?

What is the BW there?

I don't know specific numbers, but I know T has 12, 66, and 71 here. Never been a Sprint signal. It's nice because I was wondering how to survive another week without a voice signal (Verizon doesn't have 1x deployed here).

• Like 2

I don't know specific numbers, but I know T has 12, 66, and 71 here. Never been a Sprint signal. It's nice because I was wondering how to survive another week without a voice signal (Verizon doesn't have 1x deployed here).

You can view BW but dialing *#0011#

From John Saw
Atleast its confirmed from Sprint. I would guess these notifications are coming any day now.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

New modelc1039c95ad814d81b1ad27c5a62cee83.jpg

It does support lowband, but it's really not that great. Less than 13 dBi gain on 600 and barely 13 dBi on 700. 

• Like 2

It does support lowband, but it's really not that great. Less than 13 dBi gain on 600 and barely 13 dBi on 700. 
It looks like they use these in areas where they need 600mhz more for capacity than coverage.