Jump to content
Nextel49

Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, Yuhfhrh said:

Seems like they're serious about only selling devices compatible with both networks going forward. That's a good sign.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seems like they're serious about only selling devices compatible with both networks going forward. That's a good sign.
I sure hope when they start using 2.5 for TMO 5G, it doesn't stop working on my V50.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay yesterday I posted they finally opened up b71 for roaming where I am again and today my phone locked to b12 over the b71 in certain places. I’m assuming this was USCC as I don’t think T-Mobile has b12 here to my knowledge. Haven’t been able to connect to USCC LTE in over a year either. Before this weekend it was roaming on USCC 3g and little b2 T-Mobile in parts of town. Big improvement for me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if/when the Sprint roaming with regional carriers will cease. I'm down in Bardstown KY, T-Mobile has service here but my phone is hanging onto Bluegrass Cellular even with multiple airplane mode cycles.

 

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk374bcec5e5c728e9d177be04ac04683e.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Grabber5.0 said:
8 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:
Seems like they're serious about only selling devices compatible with both networks going forward. That's a good sign.

I sure hope when they start using 2.5 for TMO 5G, it doesn't stop working on my V50.

So I've been wondering this and I should know the answer but I don't.  The question is: do all of us with 4G  LTE phones lose band 41 for 4G? 

I'm thinking that I read they can dual broadcast 4G and 5G over band 41 using the latest equipment but I'm not certain.  Any explanation would help.  Thanks, guys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So I've been wondering this and I should know the answer but I don't.  The question is: do all of us with 4G  LTE phones lose band 41 for 4G? 
I'm thinking that I read they can dual broadcast 4G and 5G over band 41 using the latest equipment but I'm not certain.  Any explanation would help.  Thanks, guys. 
Sprint is broadcasting both LTE and NR (5G) on band 41 using the Massive MIMO antenna arrays. Hopefully that continues as the networks are integrated. I imagine more bandwidth will shift toward 5G in the future. Frankly it starts to get a bit over my head.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sure Legere mentioned this a while back, 2500MHz would be used for LTE and 5G NR. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



I just killed all Sprint bands on my note 10 plus and immediately latched onto band 66 upon restart. Although the speed test initially spiked to around 11 Mbps it did quickly throttle back to about 5 Mbps.


I've always been afraid to change these settings on my phones. Are there any risk of disabling these and not being able to re-enable them later?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Grabber5.0 said:


 


I've always been afraid to change these settings on my phones. Are there any risk of disabling these and not being able to re-enable them later?

No risk, when your done just update your data profile and it will restore the settings. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
QhmioCsl.jpg

 

Noticed this today. 5G indicator without actually being connected to NR??

That's the way T-mobile has it set. It shows 5G when connected to any site that has EN-DC enabled (basically CA between LTE and NR). Usually all adjacent sites to an NR site have it turned on. So all that the indicator means is that 5G is available somewhere within a few miles...

 

Sprint wasn't doing that, but maybe it's been changed now?

 

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ingenium said:

That's the way T-mobile has it set. It shows 5G when connected to any site that has EN-DC enabled (basically CA between LTE and NR). Usually all adjacent sites to an NR site have it turned on. So all that the indicator means is that 5G is available somewhere within a few miles...

 

Sprint wasn't doing that, but maybe it's been changed now?

 

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

 

 

 

Yeah I don't like it lol its kind of misleading to people who don't know how to check for actual NR connection. I would think they would add that once a market was more blanketed with actual NR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



FYI you can force bands on Samsung using shortcut master.

I used it to look for B71..

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jreuschl said:

 

 


FYI you can force bands on Samsung using shortcut master.

I used it to look for B71..

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
 

 

Were you successful at connecting to band 71 nr?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like they added the 311-490 PLMN to most if not all sites around me over the weekend. I'm getting a lot more roaming today vs last week.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mdob07 said:

Looks like they added the 311-490 PLMN to most if not all sites around me over the weekend. I'm getting a lot more roaming today vs last week.

Are you only seeing roaming when you're completely out of Sprint coverage or have you been seeing it when T-Mobile coverage is better?

I'm curious as to when they will edit the QRxLevMinOffset and QQualMinOffset params to kick UEs over to T-Mobile before Sprint coverage is completely lost...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RAvirani said:

Are you only seeing roaming when you're completely out of Sprint coverage or have you been seeing it when T-Mobile coverage is better?

I'm curious as to when they will edit the QRxLevMinOffset and QQualMinOffset params to kick UEs over to T-Mobile before Sprint coverage is completely lost...

I've disabled 25/26/41 on my phone for now. When I have those enabled I never see tmobile unless I completely loose Sprint service. I'm thinking about going ahead and switching my account over to T-Mobile and upgrading my s9+ and adding a Tab S6 if they still have the promotion going on where they pay 1/2 the tablet price as bill credits over 24 months. Would there be any reasons to not go ahead and switch to T-Mobile? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JLevoLTE said:

Were you successful at connecting to band 71 nr?

I don't have the S20, just forced reg B71 on my S10 4G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Things are really moving along. Wow.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't say who said, but looks like some of the network hiccups on the T-Mobile side are due to software and migration going on.    Also found out T-Mobile is sticking to the original plan (2 years ago plan when merger was announce)  to use the T-Mobile network as the "Host" network, move the sprint customer base over to it quickly as possible and then use the Sprint equipment from the old Sprint network to add on and enable additional load (Market-by-Market) until complete.   Currently T-Mo is increasing use of it's AWS spectrum and Dish's to be able to handle the addition of Sprint person's on to it's original network.      It's going on now.   Philly is first.    Don't know details as to who-else is being  upgraded at this time.   

Anybody else having odd network things going on?   Might be an indicator your market is undergoing transistion.   

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, dro1984 said:

Can't say who said, but looks like some of the network hiccups on the T-Mobile side are due to software and migration going on.    Also found out T-Mobile is sticking to the original plan (2 years ago plan when merger was announce)  to use the T-Mobile network as the "Host" network, move the sprint customer base over to it quickly as possible and then use the Sprint equipment from the old Sprint network to add on and enable additional load (Market-by-Market) until complete.   Currently T-Mo is increasing use of it's AWS spectrum and Dish's to be able to handle the addition of Sprint person's on to it's original network.      It's going on now.   Philly is first.    Don't know details as to who-else is being  upgraded at this time.   

Anybody else having odd network things going on?   Might be an indicator your market is undergoing transistion.   

T-Mobile hit the spectrum jackpot with the Sprint Merger. It's going to be a monster of a network when they get everything aligned.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
T-Mobile hit the spectrum jackpot with the Sprint Merger. It's going to be a monster of a network when they get everything aligned.
Agreed. I just want them to expand coverage past tmobiles current footprint as well.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, derrph said:

Agreed. I just want them to expand coverage past tmobiles current footprint as well.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk
 

I think that the 600 MHz spectrum, combined with the increased economies of scale and buying power from the combined companies will really help with that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So this is a pretty significant vendor development..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dro1984 said:

Can't say who said, but looks like some of the network hiccups on the T-Mobile side are due to software and migration going on.    Also found out T-Mobile is sticking to the original plan (2 years ago plan when merger was announce)  to use the T-Mobile network as the "Host" network, move the sprint customer base over to it quickly as possible and then use the Sprint equipment from the old Sprint network to add on and enable additional load (Market-by-Market) until complete.   Currently T-Mo is increasing use of it's AWS spectrum and Dish's to be able to handle the addition of Sprint person's on to it's original network.      It's going on now.   Philly is first.    Don't know details as to who-else is being  upgraded at this time.   

Anybody else having odd network things going on?   Might be an indicator your market is undergoing transistion.   

That sounds like it’s gonna be very painful in places where the combined have over 50% market share. T-Mobiles network in the Chicago market can’t comfortably handle the T-Mobile user base as it is now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, gusherb said:

That sounds like it’s gonna be very painful in places where the combined have over 50% market share. T-Mobiles network in the Chicago market can’t comfortably handle the T-Mobile user base as it is now. 

Does Dish have much spectrum in Chicago?  I think they want to use that extra capacity during the switch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

  • gallery_1_23_9202.png

  • Posts

    • Another beta update to SignalCheck Pro is rolling out! Version 4.614b will appear on Google Play sometime over the next several hours. More 5G improvements, the accent color should be fixed, and several Samsung shortcut menus were added. Samsung users, please try all of the new shortcuts and let me know which ones are useful and what they lead to. Thank you!
    • No, unfortunately I haven't seen any useful 5G info from your phone (or anyone else's LG) yet. If you get a software update and happen to find 5G before they shut it down, please try reporting again! The accent color is still in its infancy and only appears on LTE for now. I've had it on my version of SCP for several weeks, initially I didn't think anyone else would like it. Figured I'd offer it up and see what the feedback was.
    • I accidentally broke the Samsung menus when I compiled the latest release; it will be resolved in next update.   Thanks, I'll look into that.. it's all a work in progress, glad we are making some headway!   The current display format is temporary, it is just to get the data displaying reliably.. once that happens, it will get its own "block" like the connection other technologies have.
    • I forgot to post this this morning. Seems that Sprint will offer the V60. My buddy at Sprint HQ says more will be said Monday. Lets see if this pans out.   TS out
    • Another suggestion, can you place the 5G info above the neighbor cell list? In dense urban areas with 5x CA there will easily be enough neighbor cells to push the 5G info off the screen. Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...