Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

Seems like they're serious about only selling devices compatible with both networks going forward. That's a good sign.
I sure hope when they start using 2.5 for TMO 5G, it doesn't stop working on my V50.
  • Like 1

Okay yesterday I posted they finally opened up b71 for roaming where I am again and today my phone locked to b12 over the b71 in certain places. I’m assuming this was USCC as I don’t think T-Mobile has b12 here to my knowledge. Haven’t been able to connect to USCC LTE in over a year either. Before this weekend it was roaming on USCC 3g and little b2 T-Mobile in parts of town. Big improvement for me.

• Like 1

I wonder if/when the Sprint roaming with regional carriers will cease. I'm down in Bardstown KY, T-Mobile has service here but my phone is hanging onto Bluegrass Cellular even with multiple airplane mode cycles.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk374bcec5e5c728e9d177be04ac04683e.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Grabber5.0 said:
8 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:
Seems like they're serious about only selling devices compatible with both networks going forward. That's a good sign.

I sure hope when they start using 2.5 for TMO 5G, it doesn't stop working on my V50.

So I've been wondering this and I should know the answer but I don't.  The question is: do all of us with 4G  LTE phones lose band 41 for 4G? 

I'm thinking that I read they can dual broadcast 4G and 5G over band 41 using the latest equipment but I'm not certain.  Any explanation would help.  Thanks, guys. 

So I've been wondering this and I should know the answer but I don't.  The question is: do all of us with 4G  LTE phones lose band 41 for 4G? 
I'm thinking that I read they can dual broadcast 4G and 5G over band 41 using the latest equipment but I'm not certain.  Any explanation would help.  Thanks, guys. 
Sprint is broadcasting both LTE and NR (5G) on band 41 using the Massive MIMO antenna arrays. Hopefully that continues as the networks are integrated. I imagine more bandwidth will shift toward 5G in the future. Frankly it starts to get a bit over my head.
  • Like 1

I just killed all Sprint bands on my note 10 plus and immediately latched onto band 66 upon restart. Although the speed test initially spiked to around 11 Mbps it did quickly throttle back to about 5 Mbps.

I've always been afraid to change these settings on my phones. Are there any risk of disabling these and not being able to re-enable them later?

4 minutes ago, Grabber5.0 said:

I've always been afraid to change these settings on my phones. Are there any risk of disabling these and not being able to re-enable them later?

No risk, when your done just update your data profile and it will restore the settings. 

• Like 1

QhmioCsl.jpg

Noticed this today. 5G indicator without actually being connected to NR??

That's the way T-mobile has it set. It shows 5G when connected to any site that has EN-DC enabled (basically CA between LTE and NR). Usually all adjacent sites to an NR site have it turned on. So all that the indicator means is that 5G is available somewhere within a few miles...

Sprint wasn't doing that, but maybe it's been changed now?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, ingenium said:

That's the way T-mobile has it set. It shows 5G when connected to any site that has EN-DC enabled (basically CA between LTE and NR). Usually all adjacent sites to an NR site have it turned on. So all that the indicator means is that 5G is available somewhere within a few miles...

Sprint wasn't doing that, but maybe it's been changed now?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Yeah I don't like it lol its kind of misleading to people who don't know how to check for actual NR connection. I would think they would add that once a market was more blanketed with actual NR.

15 minutes ago, jreuschl said:

FYI you can force bands on Samsung using shortcut master.

I used it to look for B71..

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Were you successful at connecting to band 71 nr?

Looks like they added the 311-490 PLMN to most if not all sites around me over the weekend. I'm getting a lot more roaming today vs last week.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, mdob07 said:

Looks like they added the 311-490 PLMN to most if not all sites around me over the weekend. I'm getting a lot more roaming today vs last week.

Are you only seeing roaming when you're completely out of Sprint coverage or have you been seeing it when T-Mobile coverage is better?

I'm curious as to when they will edit the QRxLevMinOffset and QQualMinOffset params to kick UEs over to T-Mobile before Sprint coverage is completely lost...

Just now, RAvirani said:

Are you only seeing roaming when you're completely out of Sprint coverage or have you been seeing it when T-Mobile coverage is better?

I'm curious as to when they will edit the QRxLevMinOffset and QQualMinOffset params to kick UEs over to T-Mobile before Sprint coverage is completely lost...

I've disabled 25/26/41 on my phone for now. When I have those enabled I never see tmobile unless I completely loose Sprint service. I'm thinking about going ahead and switching my account over to T-Mobile and upgrading my s9+ and adding a Tab S6 if they still have the promotion going on where they pay 1/2 the tablet price as bill credits over 24 months. Would there be any reasons to not go ahead and switch to T-Mobile? 

Can't say who said, but looks like some of the network hiccups on the T-Mobile side are due to software and migration going on.    Also found out T-Mobile is sticking to the original plan (2 years ago plan when merger was announce)  to use the T-Mobile network as the "Host" network, move the sprint customer base over to it quickly as possible and then use the Sprint equipment from the old Sprint network to add on and enable additional load (Market-by-Market) until complete.   Currently T-Mo is increasing use of it's AWS spectrum and Dish's to be able to handle the addition of Sprint person's on to it's original network.      It's going on now.   Philly is first.    Don't know details as to who-else is being  upgraded at this time.   

Anybody else having odd network things going on?   Might be an indicator your market is undergoing transistion.   

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, dro1984 said:

Can't say who said, but looks like some of the network hiccups on the T-Mobile side are due to software and migration going on.    Also found out T-Mobile is sticking to the original plan (2 years ago plan when merger was announce)  to use the T-Mobile network as the "Host" network, move the sprint customer base over to it quickly as possible and then use the Sprint equipment from the old Sprint network to add on and enable additional load (Market-by-Market) until complete.   Currently T-Mo is increasing use of it's AWS spectrum and Dish's to be able to handle the addition of Sprint person's on to it's original network.      It's going on now.   Philly is first.    Don't know details as to who-else is being  upgraded at this time.   

Anybody else having odd network things going on?   Might be an indicator your market is undergoing transistion.   

T-Mobile hit the spectrum jackpot with the Sprint Merger. It's going to be a monster of a network when they get everything aligned.

• Like 4

T-Mobile hit the spectrum jackpot with the Sprint Merger. It's going to be a monster of a network when they get everything aligned.
Agreed. I just want them to expand coverage past tmobiles current footprint as well.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, derrph said:

Agreed. I just want them to expand coverage past tmobiles current footprint as well.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

I think that the 600 MHz spectrum, combined with the increased economies of scale and buying power from the combined companies will really help with that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dro1984 said:

That sounds like it’s gonna be very painful in places where the combined have over 50% market share. T-Mobiles network in the Chicago market can’t comfortably handle the T-Mobile user base as it is now. 

14 minutes ago, gusherb said:

That sounds like it’s gonna be very painful in places where the combined have over 50% market share. T-Mobiles network in the Chicago market can’t comfortably handle the T-Mobile user base as it is now. 

Does Dish have much spectrum in Chicago?  I think they want to use that extra capacity during the switch.