Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

12 minutes ago, Trip said:

I'm not convinced much has actually changed yet.  It seems to me like they've opened up roaming a touch more, but otherwise Sprint customers are still on the Sprint network as much as possible.  I have yet to connect to T-Mobile anything since the day of the merger.

- Trip

Yeah. The 311 490 PLMN T-Mobile towers configured around me have opened access to all bands (some previously limited to B2 or B2/B4 only), but otherwise most T-Mobile towers are still only broadcasting 310 260 with no roaming access. Haven't seen any new 311 490.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trip said:

I'm not convinced much has actually changed yet.  It seems to me like they've opened up roaming a touch more, but otherwise Sprint customers are still on the Sprint network as much as possible.  I have yet to connect to T-Mobile anything since the day of the merger.

- Trip

Yeah you are correct, my phone will only connect to T-Mobile if it completely loses signal other wise im still stuck on -122 band 41 or -119 band 26 which is useless. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Yuhfhrh said:

Yeah. The 311 490 PLMN T-Mobile towers configured around me have opened access to all bands (some previously limited to B2 or B2/B4 only), but otherwise most T-Mobile towers are still only broadcasting 310 260 with no roaming access. Haven't seen any new 311 490.

I definitely have seen new towers.

My logs indicate four new 311 490 towers just on my 10-15 minute drive to work this morning. Considering this is a drive I do at least five days a week twice a day and all had at least one B4 sector, it is highly unlikely I just never encountered them before.

2 minutes ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

I definitely have seen new towers.

My logs indicate four new 311 490 towers just on my 10-15 minute drive to work this morning. Considering this is a drive I do at least five days a week twice a day and all had at least one B4 sector, it is highly unlikely I just never encountered them before.

Good to know! Nothing new on my route yet but I'll keep an eye out. It's a shame they weren't able to just broadcast 311 490 on all towers at once "at the flip of a switch".

There was something going on today. For the first time I saw my phone roaming on band 4. Also saw it fall back to 3g in places it never did before. They are configuring the system in my area. Hopefully they don't screw it up :(.

For those of you with Galaxy S10's ##DATA# passcode 000000 --> LTE --> and disable LTE bands 25, 26, and 41 and you will connect to Tmobiles network.  I have been hanging out on it all day connected to B2, B12, B66, and even found 600MHz out in the wild.  I must say locating Tmobile sites is difficult PCIs are all over the place and not sure how their GCIs correlate to each sector.  Their network is dense AF here which makes it harder to pinpoint their sites.

Also speeds are still capped to 5mbps but found some neat configurations such as B2+B12 15+5MHz CA 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bigsnake49 said:

There was something going on today. For the first time I saw my phone roaming on band 4. Also saw it fall back to 3g in places it never did before. They are configuring the system in my area. Hopefully they don't screw it up :(.

Same here in Atlanta. Been suddenly dropping down to 3G lately. I hope it's just reconfiguration and is what I assumed. I hope it doesn't go on very long. 

5 hours ago, Trip said:

- Trip

Honestly I haven’t roamed on T-Mobile yet at least here in Charlottesville. Considering that Both T-Mobile/Sprint have very well got the entire city covered atm. Hopefully once they start transitioning things over it will be more likely. 

For those of you with Galaxy S10's #DATA## passcode 000000 --> LTE --> and disable LTE bands 25, 26, and 41 and you will connect to Tmobiles network.  I have been hanging out on it all day connected to B2, B12, B66, and even found 600MHz out in the wild.  I must say locating Tmobile sites is difficult PCIs are all over the place and not sure how their GCIs correlate to each sector.  Their network is dense AF here which makes it harder to pinpoint their sites.
Also speeds are still capped to 5mbps but found some neat configurations such as B2+B12 15+5MHz CA 
That works for S9s as well, that's how I've been testing and tracking around here recently. Their PCIs around here are like AT&Ts, a mess. At least most T-Mobile sites have at most 2 GCIs for now until M-MIMO b41 starts coming online. 561c98637ecb98916dbc554fe294864f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I also just noticed the only 5G phones available from Sprint right now are the S20 series.
I noticed that too. I just ordered the V50 the other day since it was down to $600. It has all the bands on T-Mobile but i doubt i'll be getting the low band 5G with it but will for sure see the mid band 5G on 2.5. Maybe the V50 is just phased out. I will say the data speeds are way better than what I get on my 11 Max Pro. 77df0ce28708233871b1f2f7cf45a36c.jpg

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I’m not noticing any differences yet in eastern Missouri. Still not connecting to b71. Not noticing any difference in roaming yet. 
In Cincinnati market0df819ac697882adfab035f4e513d08a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JossMan said:

For those of you with Galaxy S10's #DATA## passcode 000000 --> LTE --> and disable LTE bands 25, 26, and 41 and you will connect to Tmobiles network.  I have been hanging out on it all day connected to B2, B12, B66, and even found 600MHz out in the wild.  I must say locating Tmobile sites is difficult PCIs are all over the place and not sure how their GCIs correlate to each sector.  Their network is dense AF here which makes it harder to pinpoint their sites.

What's the dial code for the Note 10?

9 minutes ago, though said:

What's the dial code for the Note 10?

##DATA# passcode 000000 go to LTE disable bands 25, 25, and 41 and restart your phone.  You should come back to riding on T-Mobile's network.  You'll have to re-enable all Sprint's LTE bands or just do a data profile update to get back on Sprint's network.  I put my phone back on Sprint's network as T-Mobile still has the data speeds capped to 5Mbps here. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JossMan said:

##DATA# passcode 000000 go to LTE disable bands 25, 25, and 41 and restart your phone.  You should come back to riding on T-Mobile's network.  You'll have to re-enable all Sprint's LTE bands or just do a data profile update to get back on Sprint's network.  I put my phone back on Sprint's network as T-Mobile still has the data speeds capped to 5Mbps here. 

Yeah I did the same 5 is not enough lol.

I just killed all Sprint bands on my note 10 plus and immediately latched onto band 66 upon restart. Although the speed test initially spiked to around 11 Mbps it did quickly throttle back to about 5 Mbps.

Screenshot_20200404-130747_SignalCheck Pro.jpg

Screenshot_20200404-130831_Speedtest.jpg

• Like 3

Okay now after going back into a small town in rural mo where I go on the weekend a lot i am able to connect to b71 again. First time I’ve been on b71 around here in over a year.

One question.Is there anyway to see how wide the the LTE channels are on an iPhone?

• Like 2