Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

15 hours ago, PhillipJames89 said:

So happy they kept him. Him and Gunther were my favorite sprint execs

Yeah. I'm glad they kept him as well. Gunther was also a great public personality for Sprint.

Dr. Saw has specific expertise of Sprint's 2.5 GHz (and its overall network) that's really important for network integration.

It looks like TMobile TAC's rolled out here in the PNW or at least TMobile changed them. A local tower used to broadcast 23314, this morning it switched to 11334. This happens to be the TAC that TMobile was using for their B4 service for Sprint customers (which would show up as Clearwire B4 or Sprint B4 in SignalCheck).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedSpark said:

Yeah. I'm glad they kept him as well. Gunther was also a great public personality for Sprint.

Dr. Saw has specific expertise of Sprint's 2.5 GHz (and its overall network) that's really important for network integration.

Exactly. I’m excited for this new chapter. Happy that everything was approved. Happy we won’t see Masa Son as much lol

• Like 3

Time to change the name to T5GRU and re-direct all S4GRU traffic to the site? 😄

Time to change the name to T5GRU and re-direct all S4GRU traffic to the site? [emoji1]
They are working on that

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Exactly. I’m excited for this new chapter. Happy that everything was approved. Happy we won’t see Masa Son as much lol
I'd rather not see him at all.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, derrph said:

I'd rather not see him at all.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

Only if they haul him off to prison.   Then I'll enjoy "seeing" him.    

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

So CPUC is mad because T-Mo and Sprint didn't wait for the official vote before closing the merger. CPUC already said they were gonna vote yes so I don't know why they're being whiners. 

http://docs.cpuc.ca.gov/PublishedDocs/Efile/G000/M331/K082/331082151.PDF

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Brad The Beast said:

So CPUC is mad because T-Mo and Sprint didn't wait for the official vote before closing the merger. CPUC already said they were gonna vote yes so I don't know why they're being whiners. 

This is so pathetic.

• Like 6

So nearly a month wasn't enough time for them to do what they said they would do? Screw 'em!
  • Like 3

I hate seeing people take this kind of stance against the merger, especially writing articles about it. Like at least give it 6 months to a year then judge it. 1ce2b47f0cf8662abbaa6f0b4d8a37b8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mdob07 said:

I hate seeing people take this kind of stance against the merger, especially writing articles about it. Like at least give it 6 months to a year then judge it. 1ce2b47f0cf8662abbaa6f0b4d8a37b8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I have a feeling this kind of stuff is deliberate in order to generate traffic from hate clicks. It's for when normal authorship just doesn't cut it.

• Like 4

I guess this is how we're going to get Network updates from this point forward? I have a feeling T-Mobile won't break-out Sprint Network information separately, except for transition-related information.

• Like 1

One thing I noticed... He didn't "@" Sprint. He did "#" instead. Perhaps the new brand guidelines are already a thing?

See this video from his Tweet as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gblKI87IcaM&t=

EDITED: I just noticed in a later tweet that did "@" Sprint.... False alarm.

Edited by RedSpark
Added content

Hurray!!!! I roamed on Band 4 today. The merger is real for me finally 😁. But then it went into Sprint 3G in the spot in the house that I had reliable if slower band 25. Maybe they are still configuring this area.

Edited by bigsnake49
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, bigsnake49 said:

Hurray!!!! I roamed on Band 4 today. The merger is real for me finally 😁. But then it went into Sprint 3G in the spot in the house that I had reliable if slower band 25. Maybe they are still configuring this area.

I have bounced around pretty heavily these past few days. This morning it was B4, B25, B26, and B41 all in the matter of 2 minutes while a couple days ago I even hopped on B12 and B2. 

I'm not convinced much has actually changed yet.  It seems to me like they've opened up roaming a touch more, but otherwise Sprint customers are still on the Sprint network as much as possible.  I have yet to connect to T-Mobile anything since the day of the merger.

- Trip

• Like 11