Nextel49

Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

23 minutes ago, PhillipJames89 said:

Looks like New T-Mobile 2.5 is turned on in philly.

3E513AE1-22AF-4F96-A4F5-D34CB1EEC7C7.jpeg

What a difference a merger makes....

• Like 2

They need to push this 5G update so I can use it lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

They need to push this 5G update so I can use it lol.

Soon. 😎

The man at work.

• Like 3

https://www.t-mobile.com/news/t-mobile-sprint-one-company
Effective at the beginning of today’s trading session, T-Mobile will trade on the NASDAQ on a combined basis under the ticker symbol “TMUS.” The Sprint shares will no longer trade on the New York Stock Exchange.
It's dead, Jim.
LOL

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

"With the close of T-Mobile and Sprint, Dish is one step closer to becoming the nation's fourth facilities-based wireless carrier," Jeff Blum, Dish's SVP of government affairs and public policy, said in a statement Wednesday. "We are committed to bringing full, standalone 5G to America, built upon a secure, Open Radio Access Network (OpenRAN) architecture, delivering unparalleled innovation that will benefit US consumers and enterprises

."Continued Blum: "Once the Consent Decree is entered, T-Mobile has 90 days to divest Boost to Dish. We are eager to welcome Boost customers, employees and dealers, and look forward to delivering lower prices and increased competition in the prepaid market."

https://www.lightreading.com/5g/dish-network-mostly-mum-on-t-mobiles-big-day/d/d-id/758615?_mc=RSS_LR_EDT

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bigsnake49 said:

All of a sudden I got like 3-4 bars in a place in my condo that usually I get 1-2. But before I could enter into field mode it went back to the regular 1-2. Teasing me.

I get 10mbs at home. When I experimented with TM on my iPhone eSIM I would get 40mbs.
For the last month or three with one bar I would on occasion get 40mbs on Sprint. 
I just chalked it up to having such a weak Sprint signal I would roam over to TM.
What I don't know is if being in Chicagoland would TM be set up as a Sprint roaming partner.

5 minutes ago, kct1975 said:

It's dead, Jim.
LOL emoji16.png

LOL! One of the best characters of all time.

Karl Urban played the role brilliantly in the recent films. I think DeForest Kelley would have been proud.

• Like 3

Personally I hope that the new T-Mobile will find a way to keep him on board.

• Like 3

I have seen my TAC as both 326323 and 64003. Idk which TAC belongs to which company. Help?

2 hours ago, RedSpark said:

The man at work.

So happy they kept him. Him and Gunther were my favorite sprint execs

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PhillipJames89 said:

So happy they kept him. Him and Gunther were my favorite sprint execs

I liked Gunther more.

Capture.JPG

• Like 6

So I’ve heard two different things now. First I heard before today that on day one it would be reciprocal network sharing on day 1 which is obviously not the case. Then I heard today two somewhat conflicting statements. First that for now users will stay on each separate networks. Then I heard another statement that Sprint users would be able to tap into the T-Mobile network via expanded roaming. Can someone clear up what exactly has changed today if anything?

Some interesting info here about the pending ruling on the Tunney Act: https://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/it-s-official-t-mobile-closes-sprint-merger-sievert-takes-over

Today's closure means the companies opted not to wait for the California PUC (CPUC) to make a final decision. They also didn’t wait for Judge Timothy Kelly to issue a judgement under the Tunney Act review.

In a note for investors Tuesday, New Street Research analyst Jonathan Chaplin said Kelly had promised a resolution by the end of the month, which was March 31. But the companies had entered into a stipulation and order back in July in which they agreed to abide by the provisions of the final judgement, when it is filed, meaning there was nothing to prevent the companies from closing now if they so chose.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, notsrealinc said:

I liked Gunther more.

Capture.JPG

I miss his energy 😞 

• Like 2

This is what the plmn numbers and tac numbers on the tower I use at home in central va

DBB564C5-598B-4023-9DAD-58C9AF69C3E1.jpeg

1 hour ago, bigsnake49 said:

And that's all folks....

I miss his energy  

He was at Marcellos ‘virtual happy hour’ tonight (top right)

443a83d5f8732219ff82b0893a2a61af.jpg
  • Like 3

And I forgot T-Mobile and sprint bid for the 47ghz mmwave spectrum too. Man this newco company will be huge ! I’m excited

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PhillipJames89 said:

And I forgot T-Mobile and sprint bid for the 47ghz mmwave spectrum too. Man this newco company will be huge ! I’m excited

They did not bid for that in Ohio because they have 800mhz of other mmWave in the metro areas plus surrounding areas.  Much of it is contiguous.

Well I woke up to being connected to tmobile band 4 inside my home instead of 3G. 

Also connecting to band 12 at work inside the building which was just band 4 and 2 before. Still capped at 5 down and up but Loving this so far.

• Like 5

I've been bouncing between TMo B4 and B66 in addition to normal Sprint stuff at home for a couple of weeks now here in central PA Shentel land. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I am still dropping to Sprint 3G in a particular spot. Now nobody else has service in that spot except Verizon. So for me it has been status quo.

Edited by bigsnake49
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Cardsfan96 said:

So I’ve heard two different things now. First I heard before today that on day one it would be reciprocal network sharing on day 1 which is obviously not the case. Then I heard today two somewhat conflicting statements. First that for now users will stay on each separate networks. Then I heard another statement that Sprint users would be able to tap into the T-Mobile network via expanded roaming. Can someone clear up what exactly has changed today if anything?

My understanding from what I've read/heard is that T-Mobile's original Day Zero plan and plan moving forward was much more ambitious in terms of integration. However, given the COVID-19 Pandemic, they've decided to take a more conservative approach post-merger for the next 90 days. We'll see how that changes in the coming weeks/months.

• Like 8