Nextel49

Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

Is Sprint's and T-Mobile's b25/b2 contiguous in your area?

Yes TMO themselves has 20x20 A+D with 5x5 of that on H+. Sprint has 10x10 A then the G block.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

Yes TMO themselves has 20x20 A+D with 5x5 of that on H+. Sprint has 10x10 A then the G block.

You mean Sprint has B1+ B2. They could probably put H+ on G provided of course they have phones that support it.

Looks like T-Mobile doesn't care about CPUC's ruling anymore, they've withdrawn the application to merge the wireline businesses in the state, stating that Sprint is now a 100% (largely unregulated) VoIP provider in the state.  The wireline transfer was the matter in front of CPUC for approval, they simply have to notify CPUC of the wireless transfer.

https://www.tellusventure.com/blog/t-mobile-goes-nuclear-in-california-preps-to-close-sprint-deal-without-cpucs-blessing/

• Like 1

You mean Sprint has B1+ B2. They could probably put H+ on G provided of course they have phones that support it.
No phones support that

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bigsnake49 said:

I don't think there is a single phone out there that supports band 25 UMTS, G block will have to be LTE or NR only.

I don't think there is a single phone out there that supports band 25 UMTS, G block will have to be LTE or NR only.

For now likely LTE. Higher BW in C block areas.

37 minutes ago, dewbertdc said:

Looks like T-Mobile doesn't care about CPUC's ruling anymore, they've withdrawn the application to merge the wireline businesses in the state, stating that Sprint is now a 100% (largely unregulated) VoIP provider in the state.  The wireline transfer was the matter in front of CPUC for approval, they simply have to notify CPUC of the wireless transfer.

https://www.tellusventure.com/blog/t-mobile-goes-nuclear-in-california-preps-to-close-sprint-deal-without-cpucs-blessing/

Good screw california.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, dewbertdc said:

So I guess this is happening in the next few days then. All that is left is Tunney Act review, which will probably wrap up any moment now.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

https://tidal.com/partners/t-mobile

So this is interesting....

I wonder if we'll see this here.

That's for T-Mobile Poland, not T-Mobile US.  Sprint (soon to be T-Mobile) does have a 33% stake, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it bundled with T-Mobile eventually...

• Like 1

Anyone have any updated info on Day 0 actions? Will Sprint customers be on T-Mobile's network through MOCN tomorrow morning?

• Like 3

Anyone have any updated info on Day 0 actions? Will Sprint customers be on T-Mobile's network through MOCN tomorrow morning?
Sounds like open access to both networks.

• Like 2

Just now, Tengen31 said:

Sounds like open access to both networks.

Seamless switching or manual switching?

Sprint has created the landing page for Sprint/T-Mobile merger. If the rumors for the merger finalizing tomorrow are true, the link should work:

sprint.com/merger

Right now you'll see a 404 page error but if you look at the url, it changes to: sprint.com/en/landings/welcome-to-tmo.html?ECID=vanity:tmomerger. It's probably a welcome to T-Mobile page.

• Like 1

I will stay up until 12 EDT and see if anything changes on my phone.

I knew this day was coming, and yet it's still a bit heartbreaking now that it's finally here. 

Sprint had some ups and downs. The most positive thing I can remember against the other three was the old Google voice integration. Largest negative would be the VoLTE rollout.

It was a blast going through Wimax, the LTE launch, triband LTE, and then finally 5G NR. Getting to have tower maps through S4GRU was a huge part of the experience. It definitely wouldn't have been the same without this place.

A big thanks to everyone at S4GRU over the years, and I hope the transition goes as well as it can for all the current Sprint employees.

• Like 17

20 minutes ago, bigsnake49 said:

I will stay up until 12 EDT and see if anything changes on my phone.

T-Mobile operates on the Pacific Time Zone. 

Having said that, I would be surprised if they open up the networks immediately for all users tonight or tomorrow. We'll probably have to wait some time u til after the official announcement. Either way, it's an end of an era. Good bye Sprint.

• Like 3

Wow I cannot believe it, Sprint as we all know it is over. A end to a era. Looking back at it all, it was really a ride but a fun one at that in retrospect. We’ve definitely created a bond and community here. S4GRU was/still is one my favorite forums to be on. Even though we all will be under a new brand and stuff. I hope that this forum as we know it will not go away. I thank Sprint for the highs and lows but more so everyone who has participated on here for the past few years!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

I knew this day was coming, and yet it's still a bit heartbreaking now that it's finally here. 
Sprint had some ups and downs. The most positive thing I can remember against the other three was the old Google voice integration. Largest negative would be the VoLTE rollout.
It was a blast going through Wimax, the LTE launch, triband LTE, and then finally 5G NR. Getting to have tower maps through S4GRU was a huge part of the experience. It definitely wouldn't have been the same without this place.
A big thanks to everyone at S4GRU over the years, and I hope the transition goes as well as it can for all the current Sprint employees.
Like you, I agree that it is kinda sad to see Sprint disappear into history. Personally I started out with Nextel and became a Sprint customer through the merger.

Personally I have never had a problem with Sprint. Living in the Washington DC area, for the most part my data has worked well through the years and with a exception of a few areas, I haven't had problems with calls.

Also personally I have never had any issues with the customer service. I have always been treated with respect and the customer service reps have always been helpful or at least tried to be helpful.

Of course I do know that Sprint was hemorging money and customers, so of course I know that the merger with T-Mobile is a good thing, but it is still kind of sad that a company that existed for over 30 years will be nothing more than a memory and a footnote in history.

Well nothing changed so 😴 I'm going to sleep.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Gonna be an exciting day I hope, we shall see.

Edited by BlueAngel

18 minutes ago, greenbastard said:

Jokes on you! I like Rick Astley.

I'm not gonna say I don't like him. 😁

• Like 2