Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

Brad?  Where's the link?  Where's the detail?    Let's see.     5G data...   If it's that good, maybe I'll want to join that plan?

Edited by dro1984

12 hours ago, dro1984 said:

T-Mobile Shares Fell on Report That CEO Is in Talks to Join WeWork

I'm hoping John stays ... bringing Sprint and T Mobile together requires his expertise.   

I think that their network chief and their COO will be the ones actually doing the work just like they have so far. John was just the front man. If you need a CEO, Coombes has done very well at Sprint. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, dro1984 said:

T-Mobile Shares Fell on Report That CEO Is in Talks to Join WeWork

I'm hoping John stays ... bringing Sprint and T Mobile together requires his expertise.   

It was my understanding that Mike Sievert was being groomed for the CEO position for a while now.

33 minutes ago, bigsnake49 said:

He has done all the work at COO and richly deserves to be the CEO.

That would be ok.   I like Mike... He's a good guy but doesn't wear magenta as well as crazy John!    

John Legere responds to AT&T. Coming from a company that calls HSPA+ 4G you've got no room to talk Johnny boi. 

I’m sure AT&T first responders network will hold up when they really need it unlike T-Mobile’s and their lack of generators at their cell cites. When will T-Mobile get to the point where they will let their network speak for itself and not the crazy antics that has been very successful for them gaining subs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, derrph said:

I’m sure AT&T first responders network will hold up when they really need it unlike T-Mobile’s and their lack of generators at their cell cites. When will T-Mobile get to the point where they will let their network speak for itself and not the crazy antics that has been very successful for them gaining subs.

The network speaking for itself will lose them loads of subscribers due to the inevitable congestion. What good is free service for first responders when it's congested and unusable?

5 hours ago, Rickie546 said:

So T-Mobile having last minute business update call at 9am et in the morning....

Hey Rickie... Yeah, I saw that too... wonder what it's about?     I hope it's not something lame like John will be staying at T Mob and not going to WeWork or something.   Hoping is has to do with Merger in a positive way.  

• Like 1

Legere will be out at TMo in 2020.  Mike Sievert to replace him. 
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/18/mike-sievert-to-succeed-john-legere-as-ceo-of-t-mobile-on-may-1-2020.html

I’m not shocked here. John was brought in to perform a certain task and he executed it successfully. So now Mike will be taking over and he’s more of a back room business type of guy. I think we will see The New T-Mobile more align themselves with the big two. The name of the game is now profit and not a free for all. Let’s see how the T-Mobile loyalist take to this news.

43 minutes ago, derrph said:

I’m not shocked here. John was brought in to perform a certain task and he executed it successfully. So now Mike will be taking over and he’s more of a back room business type of guy. I think we will see The New T-Mobile more align themselves with the big two. The name of the game is now profit and not a free for all. Let’s see how the T-Mobile loyalist take to this news.

But right in the middle of a merger to drop a bomb like that?  The timing of that announcement is just plain awful.  It could actually impact the merger.

Robert

• Like 3

But right in the middle of a merger to drop a bomb like that?  The timing of that announcement is just plain awful.  It could actually impact the merger.
Robert

In what ways could it impact the merger?

• Like 1

Sievert has been groomed for the CEO job for a while now. While Legere was the showman, Sievert was the man that actually made the plan happen. They need a man at the top with attention to detail to execute the merger plan on time.

Edited by bigsnake49
  • Like 2

I don't understand how this came as a surprise to anyone.  Sievert was CMO, then COO, and then President. CEO was his naturally going to be his next move. It seems like he was the brains behind a lot of T-Mobile's uncarrier initiatives, he just doesn't have the cult of personality that John Legere does.

3 hours ago, red_dog007 said:

After the merger goes through, how soon can we expect to be able to add a phone to our account that doesn't have CDMA support?

I am sure that the chip makers (Qualcomm) can make a chipset/RF front end that has all the bands that the combined company supports without cdma. The problem would be if there is a loss of voice roaming for Sprint if CDMA voice went away and all voice was over LTE.

3 hours ago, bigsnake49 said:

I am sure that the chip makers (Qualcomm) can make a chipset/RF front end that has all the bands that the combined company supports without cdma. The problem would be if there is a loss of voice roaming for Sprint if CDMA voice went away and all voice was over LTE.

Actually, the Alcatel Go Flip 3 uses the Snapdragon 210 and fully supports TMobile and Sprint.  

• GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz
  • UMTS: 2/4/5
  • LTE: 2/4/5/12/25/26/41 (Support HPUE)/66/71
  • CDMA: BC 0/1/10/ 1xRTT Call
  • VoLTE: Yes

Once the merger goes through, it'll be interesting to see how soon a non-Sprint phone could be added to a Sprint account. 

• Like 1