Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

On 11/1/2019 at 10:27 AM, dro1984 said:

From Market Realist News:

Sprint (S) is set to release its second-quarter earnings results on November 4 before the market bell. The company’s second quarter ended on September 30. It won’t host a conference call with analysts after releasing its earnings results. 

Odd!   this is the second time Sprint will not do a live Earnings call.    This just says (to me) the news will not be very good.  

Yup. It's probably also because they didn't want to be asked any questions about the pending merger. This is coming straight from legal.

I'm interested in the New T-Mobile Connect plan, Unlimited call and Texts with 2GB data included with an additional 500mb added each year for $15/month!     5G speeds included at no extra charge if you have a 5G phone. 

Edited by dro1984

2 hours ago, clbowens said:

This is interesting:  https://www.engadget.com/2019/11/07/t-mobile-5g-network-december-6th/

I wonder what happens if the merger isn't finalized by Dec 6, since it says the launch is dependent on the merger going through.  Would it cover less people or the launch would be delayed?  Opinions?

Here's T-Mobile's Official Press Release: https://www.t-mobile.com/news/supercharged-uncarrier-moves

The company is lighting up nationwide 5G on December 6, covering more than 200 million Americans and more than 5,000 cities and towns across the country including millions in rural America.

vs.

Sprint Press Release: https://s21.q4cdn.com/487940486/files/doc_financials/2019/q2/01_Fiscal-2Q19-Earnings-Release-FINAL.pdf

Sprint completed the initial launch of its True Mobile 5G network and recently announced that the service now covers approximately 16 million people within nine metropolitan areas – Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, Kansas City, Los Angeles, New York City, Phoenix and Washington, D.C.

That's quite a difference. Hopefully Sprint hasn't put its 5G expansion on pause pending the merger. Shows what sufficient lowband and sufficient capex can do in my opinion.

1 minute ago, RedSpark said:

That's quite a difference. Hopefully Sprint hasn't put its 5G expansion on pause pending the merger. Shows what sufficient lowband and sufficient capex can do in my opinion.

No sign of that happening.  They actually are exceeding my expectations of what would happen during the merger.

Robert

• Like 3

Champaign, Illinois, a town of probably about 150,000 people, has 5 M-MIMO sites. We're seeing permits and swap outs for M-MIMO all over the greater Seattle area even though Seattle isn't an official launch market. I'd say Sprint is moving full steam ahead with NR upgrades. 

As dire as Sprint's accountants are making their situation look, they are more than capable and more than ready to survive sans-merger. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, RAvirani said:

Champaign, Illinois, a town of probably about 150,000 people, has 5 M-MIMO sites. We're seeing permits and swap outs for M-MIMO all over the greater Seattle area even though Seattle isn't an official launch market. I'd say Sprint is moving full steam ahead with NR upgrades. 

As dire as Sprint's accountants are making their situation look, they are more than capable and more than ready to survive sans-merger. 

That is encouraging. The service has definitely improved in the parts of DC that I frequent. However, when I recently ventured out to the MD suburbs and was in the areas along Maryland State Route 200 (Intercounty Connector), service and speeds were definitely lacking and need improvement.

I need to venture down to National Harbor to see if improvements have been made there as well.

9 hours ago, dro1984 said:

I'm interested in the New T-Mobile Connect plan, Unlimited call and Texts with 2GB data included with an additional 500mb added each year for $15/month!     5G speeds included at no extra charge if you have a 5G phone. 

500mb added per year or month?

Per year. It's such a garbage plan. That entire announcement was trash.
True. You can get 12GB from mint mobile. As of now TMO has work today for first responders to trust them. During the fires in California their network when down when the power was turned off in some areas. Vzw and att did not go down

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, though said:

Ick. Guess it beats Fi?

But you can get unlimited with Visible for $25/mo with party pay. It's such a bad plan for what you can get with everyone else. 

I should probably say that entire announcement wasn't trash, just the majority of it. The First Responders thing was cool. 

9 hours ago, Brad The Beast said:

Per year. It's such a garbage plan. That entire announcement was trash.

Brad... I actually am on your side in agreement most of the time, but not this time.   

The plan actually works for me.. and its way better than anyone in the industry offers outside of 3rd party carriers (MVNO's) .    I think it was bold move and a great value for many people.   If it flies, as in the merger is approved (states attorney generals) , I think people will flock to it in droves!     I use most of my data in the house over Wifi.    The other plan is $25 for 4gig or 5 gig??, with the same 500mb increase every 6 months or year ...whatever...    I might even do that.   The best part is... no up charge for 5G if you have a phone that supports it.    I have to say, I was shocked in a good way.    Verizon and AT&T are not happy about that announcement...    They were already attempting to up charge 5G.     Kinda reminds me of Sprint's "Premium Data" on smart phones.   The charge was argued to be helpful to build out the WiMax network and because smart phones used more data.   You see where that brought us...12 years later.... still leaves a bad taste in my mouth 12 years later.     

Edited by dro1984
  • Like 3

Verizon and AT&T are not happy about that announcement...    They were already attempting to up charge 5G.     Kinda reminds me of Sprint's "Premium Data" on smart phones.   The charge was argued to be helpful to build out the WiMax network and because smart phones used more data.   You see where that brought us...12 years later.... still leaves a bad taste in my mouth 12 years later.     

On my current plan with Sprint, I am still being charged for Premium Data on my line with the S10+ [emoji336]

The only reason the other two [emoji3577] lines aren't being charged for Premium Data is that one of the lines is my Dad's old Flip phone and the other line is a Sprint Signal Booster.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, dro1984 said:

Brad... I actually am on your side in agreement most of the time, but not this time.   

The plan actually works for me.. and its way better than anyone in the industry offers outside of 3rd party carriers (MVNO's) .    I think it was bold move and a great value for many people.   If it flies, as in the merger is approved (states attorney generals) , I think people will flock to it in droves!     I use most of my data in the house over Wifi.    The other plan is $25 for 4gig or 5 gig??, with the same 500mb increase every 6 months or year ...whatever...    I might even do that.   The best part is... no up charge for 5G if you have a phone that supports it.    I have to say, I was shocked in a good way.    Verizon and AT&T are not happy about that announcement...    They were already attempting to up charge 5G.     Kinda reminds me of Sprint's "Premium Data" on smart phones.   The charge was argued to be helpful to build out the WiMax network and because smart phones used more data.   You see where that brought us...12 years later.... still leaves a bad taste in my mouth 12 years later.     

I'm glad Verizon and AT&T are going to be pissed about this lol, they're thieves.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dro1984 said:

I'm sorry but you're not going to convince me that's even a remotely good plan for the price. If it was $5/mo then I would say it's decent. It's not a good deal when you can get unlimited on the Verizon network for only $10/mo more. 

20 minutes ago, Brad The Beast said:

It's not a good deal when you can get unlimited on the Verizon network for only $10/mo more. 

Unlimited Verizon for $25 (New T Mobile is $15/ month for 2G  data)  a month and with 5G?   Please show me this feat of amazement!   Not sure what exactly you are comparing as I know of NO Verizon Plan for that amount of money with Unlimited.    Apples to Apples....  Lets see. Here's all I find.   1 line now... Not a 5 phone family plan...Looks Like $80 Bucks a month mister.  ($70 + $10 5G surcharge = $80)  Not $15 or $25.   If Verizon had that pricing, I would of went to them a long time ago.    

image.thumb.png.2ee140adaa8cb4c8d4b495d462d965bf.png

Verizon: 

image.png.cf78f47bcca41a16d56038f486e6d8de.png

Edited by dro1984

15 minutes ago, dro1984 said:

Unlimited Verizon for $25 (New T Mobile is $15/ month for 2G  data)  a month and with 5G?   Please show me this feat of amazement!   Not sure what exactly you are comparing as I know of NO Verizon Plan for that amount of money with Unlimited.    Apples to Apples....  Lets see. Here's all I find.   1 line now... Not a 5 phone family plan...Looks Like $80 Bucks a month mister.  ($70 + $10 5G surcharge = $80)  Not $15 or $25.   If Verizon had that pricing, I would of went to them a long time ago.    

image.thumb.png.2ee140adaa8cb4c8d4b495d462d965bf.png

Verizon: 

image.png.cf78f47bcca41a16d56038f486e6d8de.png

He is talking about Visible most likely, the VZW mvno. It is 25$ a month each with 4 lines. Unlimited, deprioritized from byte 1, with unlimited tethering capped at 5Mb p/s.

46 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

Arkansas joined Merger Support

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Ken Paxton needs to get his head out of his....well, you know. Now is the time to negotiate a deal for better coverage in Texas. The state AGs have what seems to be a losing case.

56 minutes ago, dro1984 said:

I don't see this as true comparison.    It's a far from it really.     National Carrier to National Carrier. .. Not MVNO!!!!    

It is a Verizon product. Verizon branded. I agree, unlimited data is far from 2Gb of usage.