Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

I've never had good voice quality on CDMA.  With every CDMA phone i've had, voice calls have been a little muffled and/or choppy.

VoLTE has not been choppy.  But it is still muffled, if it's not HD.

That's true but CDMA goes further than even T-mobile's 600mhz.

Sent from my SM-G977P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

There are very few Sprint customers here. This is proven by the fact that I get consistently good speeds on 10x5 band 25. 
Thats likely why they haven't widen B25 to 10x10 then. TMobile any good there?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

We are now in a sixty day public comment period on the Department of Justice's plans for the T-Mobile Sprint merger.  I believe this started on August 12 with publication in the federal register: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2019/08/12/2019-17153/united-states-et-al-v-deutsche-telekom-ag-et-al-proposed-final-judgment-and-competitive-impact

Comments evidently must be in written form and mailed to:

Scott Scheele, Chief, Telecommunications and Broadband Section, Antitrust Division, Department of Justice, 450 Fifth Street NW, Suite 7000, Washington, DC 20530 (telephone: 202-514-5621)

When is the merger expected to officially close if all goes well? It seems like everyday it’s something new and I’ve gotten lost along the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When is the merger expected to officially close if all goes well? It seems like everyday it’s something new and I’ve gotten lost along the way.

If the merger is successful I believe they said Q1.

Sent from my SM-G977P using Tapatalk

Merger close?... It's a big wild guess!   Nothing has gone as it should nor does it continue to go as normal.    
It will happen just waiting on the lawsuits. I'm a liberal but, done support them on this

• Like 1

I thought  roaming on T-Mobile would help but I’m not sure if the merger will help met at all now
F4195EA2-6210-4400-8D4C-A7F9C6E9A375.thumb.png.83ee87654f9dd5a762159c4a30576a6a.png
The merger will help the capacity between B41 and the combined pcs spectrum

• lilotimz locked and unlocked this topic
On 9/2/2019 at 2:33 PM, DaQue said:

I thought  roaming on T-Mobile would help but I’m not sure if the merger will help met at all now

F4195EA2-6210-4400-8D4C-A7F9C6E9A375.png

I don't think it is fair to any carrier to judge them on their performance via roaming or a MVNO.  Not all bands are used.  Priority may be different. Phone may not be optimized for their bands.  Service may be deliberately throttled by roaming agreement.  Info could be routed through Kansas City.

Looks like Illinois jumping on the train to block the merger. I’m sure what comes with this is people saying “if the merger is blocked, Sprint will be out of business and their assets sold to other companies.” Everyone is just completely looking past T-Mobile stopping their 5G deployment all together. To me, that looks like a money issue if you ask me especially if it’s suppose to be BAU until the merger closes. 

1 minute ago, derrph said:

Looks like Illinois jumping on the train to block the merger. I’m sure what comes with this is people saying “if the merger is blocked, Sprint will be out of business and their assets sold to other companies.” Everyone is just completely looking past T-Mobile stopping their 5G deployment all together. To me, that looks like a money issue if you ask me especially if it’s suppose to be BAU until the merger closes. 

I think if Sprint’s 5G deployment continues to go well, they’ll be able to buy themselves some time to figure out how to make a comeback. 

TMobile was banking on the merger for 5G. They don't have enough spectrum for 5G plus Sprints capex was also part of the plan. If they are on their own, they will have to find a way to buy more which isn't available unless the can some how get their hands on B48 which VZW is buying. So their only option would be to force people onto 5G devices and use B71 and 66 or 2 for it.

I think if Sprint’s 5G deployment continues to go well, they’ll be able to buy themselves some time to figure out how to make a comeback. 
The best thing to do would be make better decisions. It's too late for them to get 600 mhz which they need unless they can get it from Dish and Comcast

1 minute ago, Tengen31 said:

The best thing to do would be make better decisions. It's too late for them to get 600 mhz which they need unless they can get it from Dish and Comcast

Could buy it off of Dish only in areas they need it initially and start a slow 600MHz rollout.

I agree, they’ve gotten some good press over it, not the fastest but like many of the reviews are saying, it’s about the coverage. I would like to think Sprints deployment of 5G is the cheapest in cost compared to the other 3. Once they build it out enough, they should do some test drive like trials for people to try the network.

Could buy it off of Dish only in areas they need it initially and start a slow 600MHz rollout.
Sprint needs it Nationwide. TMO got 10x10 all the way up to 20x20 vzw has 10x10 B13 Nationwide and 10x10 B5 in threw out not the whole country. Att has 10x10 across B12,14 and 5. Sprint is only 5x5 and some areas 3x3

1 minute ago, derrph said:

I agree, they’ve gotten some good press over it, not the fastest but like many of the reviews are saying, it’s about the coverage. I would like to think Sprints deployment of 5G is the cheapest in cost compared to the other 3. Once they build it out enough, they should do some test drive like trials for people to try the network.

I think test drive trials would be good. I don’t think it would be the best idea to do it the way T-Mobile is doing it right now as it will cost them money to buy and send out hotspots. 

TMobile was banking on the merger for 5G. They don't have enough spectrum for 5G plus Sprints capex was also part of the plan. If they are on their own, they will have to find a way to buy more which isn't available unless the can some how get their hands on B48 which VZW is buying. So their only option would be to force people onto 5G devices and use B71 and 66 or 2 for it.

I guess T-Mobile didn’t expect this much pushback. But I do agree, Sprints CapEx and spectrum is what they were banking on having access to around this time. I have to wonder, if they’re doing 5G on B66 what the speeds would look like since most of it is 10x10 I want to say. The coverage will be good atleast.

1 minute ago, Tengen31 said:

Sprint needs it Nationwide. TMO got 10x10 all the way up to 20x20 vzw has 10x10 B13 Nationwide and 10x10 B5 in threw out not the whole country. Att has 10x10 across B12,14 and 5. Sprint is only 5x5 and some areas 3x3

They don’t have the money to buy it nationwide. They could probably squeeze it in limited areas where it’s needed most.