Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

39 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

We'll see if there's any corroboration of or further clarification to this...

I think it's possible, already around me service is getting really flaky, and I am obviously on T-Mobile a lot more now. I was just out getting some grub and my service literally just dropped to nothing then it popped back up on T-Mobile when I was on B41 previously with a great signal. They are moving full steam ahead it seems and I am ok with that.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

I think it's possible, already around me service is getting really flaky, and I am obviously on T-Mobile a lot more now. I was just out getting some grub and my service literally just dropped to nothing then it popped back up on T-Mobile when I was on B41 previously with a great signal. They are moving full steam ahead it seems and I am ok with that.

Band 66 has been amazing in my area. I’m excited!!

• Like 1

This is what happened to me yesterday.

2 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

Service for me at home the past week on sprint seems to be a lot slower. Pings times are way higher than normal. Speedtests failing to start.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RAvirani said:

It does support lowband, but it's really not that great. Less than 13 dBi gain on 600 and barely 13 dBi on 700. 

That's what happens when you make them small. Coverage suffers but then if you put them on a network spaced for PCS you can afford that.

3 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

Oh I definitely agree it's possible. I think T-Mobile wants to wind down the Sprint brand as quickly as possible. At this point, keeping the Sprint brand/assets afloat eats into the synergies and cost savings that it wanted to realize through the merger.

8/2 comes to I think ~120 days from 4/1.... That timeframe sure fits into a Powerpoint strategy deck nicely.

Edited by RedSpark
Clarity

Not seeing it in Columbus OH networkwise.  I have not observed b41 equipment at t-Mobile sites yet, although my travels have been quite minimal.  Storefronts would be far easier.

Not seeing it in Columbus OH networkwise.  I have not observed b41 equipment at t-Mobile sites yet, although my travels have been quite minimal.  Storefronts would be far easier.
It's only in Philly and parts of NY

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Tmo just upgraded the downtown tower in my Western Washington town to 5G.  I assume it's n71.  But I would think Tmo probably has their home market (Seattle) as targeted as an early market to start n41.  So they may be deploying both here.  They have the spectrum to run both Sprint B41 LTE and Tmo n71 NR.  And I would like to verify it.  They just fired it up today and my thruput speeds were like 10Mbps even with a full unburdened signal.  So I cannot tell by speed alone.

Has anyone figured out out to get NR connection info from their devices yet?  Like Base Station identifiers or Band info, bandwidth or anything?  When I get a 5G NR signal on my LG V60 DS, it does not populate any info in SCP, Cellmapper or anything.  And without any Debug screen info, I'm just stuck without any 5G NR connection info.  I will miss the transparency of the Sprint info from the device we have had for so many years.

Robert

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, S4GRU said:

Has anyone figured out out to get NR connection info from their devices yet?  Like Base Station identifiers or Band info, bandwidth or anything?  When I get a 5G NR signal on my LG V60 DS, it does not populate any info in SCP, Cellmapper or anything.  And without any Debug screen info, I'm just stuck without any 5G NR connection info.  I will miss the transparency of the Sprint info from the device we have had for so many years.

Robert

NSG if rooted. Credit Ingenium

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dkyeager said:

NSG if rooted. Credit Ingenium

Yeah, that's a great suggestion.  Can't root it...yet.

Robert

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Great speeds on T-Mobile tonight in Atlanta.  I forced my Note 10 plus off of Sprint bands and onto TMobile. This is carrier aggregation of band 66 with bands 2 and  12.  Pretty cool stuff. Love the upload speed, too. I personally never got more than 3 up on Sprint. 

Screenshot_20200424-233000_Service mode RIL.jpg

• Like 2

Great speeds on T-Mobile tonight in Atlanta.  I forced my Note 10 plus off of Sprint bands and onto TMobile. This is carrier aggregation of band 66 with bands 2 and  12.  Pretty cool stuff. Love the upload speed, too. I personally never got more than 3 up on Sprint.

Selfishly curious.. I see you had SCP running, did it report the CA properly?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mikejeep said:

Selfishly curious.. I see you had SCP running, did it report the CA properly?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Hmm. I don't know how to tell. I ran the test again and it took a few times to replicate the same carrier aggregation combo but I was able to do it and scp showed the attached. 

Screenshot_20200424-234351_SignalCheck Pro.jpg

Hmm. I don't know how to tell. I ran the test again and it took a few times to replicate the same carrier aggregation combo but I was able to do it and scp showed the attached.

It's not displaying anything, it would be obvious. Could be your device, or you might not have CA display enabled.. try going to Preferences > Display > Show LTE Carrier Aggregation.

15 minutes ago, mikejeep said:

It's not displaying anything, it would be obvious. Could be your device, or you might not have CA display enabled.. try going to Preferences > Display > Show LTE Carrier Aggregation.

I can't believe I never tried that before. But the answer would be no, it's not showing properly as it shows 3, 20MHz wide channels. That shouldn't be possible given the band configuration, right? 

Screenshot_20200425-000339_SignalCheck Pro.jpg

I can't believe I never tried that before. But the answer would be no, it's not showing properly as it shows 3, 20MHz wide channels. That shouldn't be possible given the band configuration, right?

Ahh.. close but not perfect. That option is disabled by default because I want people to see the disclaimer that the data is often wrong (beyond my control unfortunately). It got the 3xCA part right, but your engineering screen shows it should've been 20+20+5.

• Like 2

Not sure if this still works: 

I think it still works, or at least I saw someone replaying logs that way recently. I believe the non-licensed version of NSG will let you replay a log now? But I'm not certain.

5G NR is only in the beta of NSG at the moment (v 3.3.1). I have a copy if anyone with a rooted 5G device needs it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, mikejeep said:

Ahh.. close but not perfect. that option is disabled by default because I want people to see the disclaimer that the data is often wrong (beyond my control unfortunately). It got the 3xCA part right, but your engineering screen shows it should've been 20+20+5.

Very interesting, indeed. Thanks for all the awesome work that you do. Hopefully this information is helpful to you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, notsrealinc said:

Not sure if this still works: 

39 minutes ago, ingenium said:

I think it still works, or at least I saw someone replaying logs that way recently. I believe the non-licensed version of NSG will let you replay a log now? But I'm not certain.

Not working for me on my LG V60 or LG G7.  After doing the modem logging, etc., when I get into NSG, it says this feature is not free.  Please purchase and try again.

Oh well.  :(

Robert