Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

1 hour ago, Trip said:

First thing I did when I woke up just now was to look at my phone.  Still connected to Band 41, but my TAC is now 20243, matching T-Mobile.

- Trip

Is there a way to see this on an iPhone?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trip said:

First thing I did when I woke up just now was to look at my phone.  Still connected to Band 41, but my TAC is now 20243, matching T-Mobile.

- Trip

TACs match in Omaha too at 46335.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RedSpark said:

Is there a way to see this on an iPhone?

Google says to get into Field Test:

https://osxdaily.com/2018/05/02/use-field-test-mode-iphone-x-ios/

It might be under Serving Cell Info rather than Serving Cell Measurements but I can't seem to find a picture indicating what is in Serving Cell Info to know for sure.

- Trip

• Like 1

Mine is 45305 on mi iPhone. It’s under the Serving Cell Info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, derrph said:

Mine is 45305 on mi iPhone. It’s under the Serving Cell Info

Thanks!

Under Serving Cell Info -> dl_freq it's switching back and forth between 41490 and 41492.

22 minutes ago, Trip said:

Google says to get into Field Test:

https://osxdaily.com/2018/05/02/use-field-test-mode-iphone-x-ios/

It might be under Serving Cell Info rather than Serving Cell Measurements but I can't seem to find a picture indicating what is in Serving Cell Info to know for sure.

- Trip

Thank you. I went to Serving Cell Info -> dl_freq and it's going back and forth between 41490 and 41492.

Does that mean anything?

Sprint Stock data no longer shows on NASDAQ: https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activity/stocks/s

It's real.

Edited by RedSpark
April Fools: Sprint trades on the NYSE (https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/s) I had to do another one....
  • Like 3

Just now, RedSpark said:

Thanks. So I'm looking at the right number for TAC?

dl_freq is the downlink frequency, not the TAC. 

Since the Internet seems to have no pictures whatsoever of what that screen looks like, I can't tell you what Apple might have called it.  If your part of the DC market is like mine and has moved to the T-Mobile TAC values, it should be something like 20234 or 20236.  Mine in Alexandria is 20243.  You get the idea of the range of values.

- Trip

• Like 1

I forced my phone to T-mobile this morning on my drive in but didn't notice much difference yet. Speed is still throttled to 5/5 and there were still a handful of towers my phone wouldn't connect to once I got into Louisville. 

Within the Service Cell Info, I found the TAC labeled as Tracking Area Code. I kinda figured it might be the correct one.

10 hours ago, notsrealinc said:

Sprint has created the landing page for Sprint/T-Mobile merger. If the rumors for the merger finalizing tomorrow are true, the link should work:

sprint.com/merger

Right now you'll see a 404 page error but if you look at the url, it changes to: sprint.com/en/landings/welcome-to-tmo.html?ECID=vanity:tmomerger. It's probably a welcome to T-Mobile page.

This is live now

• Like 1

Q: Do Sprint customers need to do anything?

A: For now, all customers will stay with the same Sprint and T-Mobile network, stores, and service they’ve been using.

Q: Will customers need to switch devices today?

A: ...For now, customers will use two distinct networks, Sprint and T-Mobile.

Not seeing any Day 0 network sharing outside of the roaming agreement

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cyclone said:

For those with iPhones, it looks like you go to LTE-> NAS in the Field Test mode. Look for tai_list and you should see TAC listed

IMG_1187.PNG

IMG_1188.PNG

IMG_1189.PNG

Awesome!  Just looked and I'm on 47359 in Dayton OH, under the Cincinnati market.

https://www.t-mobile.com/news/t-mobile-sprint-one-company

Effective at the beginning of today’s trading session, T-Mobile will trade on the NASDAQ on a combined basis under the ticker symbol “TMUS.” The Sprint shares will no longer trade on the New York Stock Exchange.

It's dead, Jim.

• Like 2