Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

So when is the DOJ going to commit to announcing?  They put the deadline on T Mobile and Sprint last week that everything needs to be completed by the end of this week,.. now we are all waiting on them.

In addition, T Mobile has postponed their 2nd quarter earnings meeting with investors schedule for yesterday, then delayed until  today, now it's delayed until further notice.    Can this get any more unorthodox?   

Edited by dro1984

1 hour ago, dro1984 said:

So when is the DOJ going to commit to announcing?  They put the deadline on T Mobile and Sprint last week that everything needs to be completed by the end of this week,.. now we are all waiting on them.

In addition, T Mobile has postponed their 2nd quarter earnings meeting with investors schedule for yesterday, then delayed until  today, now it's delayed until further notice.    Can this get any more unorthodox?   

The DOJ should have countersued as soon as the state AGs sued,  basically telling them that this is our bailiwick and you have absolutely no leg to stand on (no legal standing to bring a suit).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dro1984 said:

T-Mobile is trying to control the PR, earnings were released today with a EPS of $1.09 which beat the estimated $0.97 T-Mobile still making moves.  One of the best quarterly results to date for $TMUS, the conference call will more than likely include the announcement of the Sprint/T-Mobile merger.  I suspect we will get some news before the open of the trading day tomorrow. 

T-Mobile is trying to control the PR, earnings were released today with a EPS of $1.09 which beat the estimated $0.97 T-Mobile still making moves.  One of the best quarterly results to date for $TMUS, the conference call will more than likely include the announcement of the Sprint/T-Mobile merger.  I suspect we will get some news before the open of the trading day tomorrow. 

Let’s just see what happens. If something interesting happens I’ll cook a bag of popcorn in the microwave and have some popcorn and watch the feed blow up LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Just now, danlodish345 said:

Let’s just see what happens. If something interesting happens I’ll cook a bag of popcorn in the microwave and have some popcorn and watch the feed blow up LOL

I have several option calls on $S and $TMUS and I need this merger to be done like....yesterday... lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JossMan said:

I have several option calls on $S and $TMUS and I need this merger to be done like....yesterday... lol

Charles Gasparino just said that the DoJ presser is back on for tomorrow (as of right now). But of course, things can change from tonight to tomorrow morning.

My guess is that the DoJ found a state AG (or two) to back down from the lawsuit. The merger has been nuts to follow after the FCC gave their blessing. If Delrahim pulls this off, then he deserves a ton of credit. He just created a 3rd true national carrier (one that can go toe to toe with Verizon/At&t), while ensuring that most Americans have access to 4 carriers in most cities. This is a good outcome for all of America.

• Like 2

Announcement should be tomorrow.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-sprint-corp-m-a-t-mobile-us-doj-idUSKCN1UL07T?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=5d3a788e595b5a0001c31bb1&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

(Reuters) - U.S. Justice Department said Assistant Attorney General Makan Delrahim of the department’s Antitrust Division will announce a significant merger enforcement action on Friday.

The justice department is set to announce that it is approving the merger of Sprint Corp (S.N) and T-Mobile US Inc (TMUS.O) at a press event on Friday, sources briefed on the matter told Reuters.

• Like 1

Announcement should be tomorrow.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-sprint-corp-m-a-t-mobile-us-doj-idUSKCN1UL07T?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=5d3a788e595b5a0001c31bb1&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

(Reuters) - U.S. Justice Department said Assistant Attorney General Makan Delrahim of the department’s Antitrust Division will announce a significant merger enforcement action on Friday.

The justice department is set to announce that it is approving the merger of Sprint Corp (S.N) and T-Mobile US Inc (TMUS.O) at a press event on Friday, sources briefed on the matter told Reuters.

So it’s pretty much a given that the merger is approved?

• Like 1

Does anyone have any idea what will happen with Sprint’s roaming agreements with U.S. Cellular with this merger? That roaming is the main reason we even have sprint because none of the other carriers have solid coverage at our weekend place except U.S. Cellular.

By allowing this merger, Masa and Marcelo are effectively getting a bailout from the market for their poor strategy and management of Sprint.

Even if there’s divestment to create a 4th Carrier, that Carrier will essentially be the new Sprint, and in similar competitive position.

• Like 1

By allowing this merger, Masa and Marcelo are effectively getting a bailout from the market for their poor strategy and management of Sprint.
Even if there’s divestment to create a 4th Carrier, that Carrier will essentially be the new Sprint, and in similar competitive position.

09c83d2115daa4242dee554bab0aa207.jpg

• Like 4

09c83d2115daa4242dee554bab0aa207.jpg

That mean they are finally going to announce the merger?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Many (some of you) are all asking about pre-existing roaming agreements etc... I think those are all still in play...  I don't think any of that changes.... The New T Mobile said they would honor all existing roaming agreements and other contracts set up by either Sprint or T Mobile.       Besides, until this closes officially and they both become "New T Mobile", nothing changes yet....   

T Mobile's 2nd quarter conference call/ web presentation is at 1pm today.  I'm sure many many questions will be asked including much of this type of information.    I plan on joining the call to be able to hear all the details.   

Edited by dro1984
  • Like 2

It's about freaking time! I can't wait for the details! Will they officially close the merger on Monday the 29th?

So we finally know if the merger is approved or not?

1 minute ago, danlodish345 said:

So we finally know if the merger is approved or not?

You will get the official word at 11am with some but not a lot of details. Just the broad outlines. Details to come at 1PM and probably on Monday if they close on Monday. But it looks like the merger is approved.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bigsnake49 said:

You will get the official word at 11am with some but not a lot of details. Just the broad outlines. Details to come at 1PM and probably on Monday if they close on Monday. But it looks like the merger is approved.

They still have to deal with the AGs lawsuit and California's Public Utilities Commission. They can't close on Monday.

6 minutes ago, greenbastard said:

They still have to deal with the AGs lawsuit and California's Public Utilities Commission. They can't close on Monday.

Did the states get an injunction? DOJ was working with some of the states to head them off at the pass.

Edited by bigsnake49

3 minutes ago, bigsnake49 said:

Is there a feed of the DOJ press conference? It was supposed to start at 11.

I'm trying to find one also...   No luck so far.