Jump to content
MacinJosh

iPhone 11 Thread

Recommended Posts

I'm not ordering one. I'm going to sit this one out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2019 at 6:10 AM, imex99 said:

Who pre-ordered and which version?

 

Green Pro-Max

 

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

 

I ordered a Pro Max 256 Midnight Green arriving on Friday from Sprint...I have the same issue that MacinJosh has as a SWAC member I can only get the Flex Lease from Sprint...

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, thanks to PCMac, they confirmed that the iPhone 11, 11 Pro & 11 Pro Max have Intel modems. They got to see the Field Test menu.

https://www.macrumors.com/2019/09/17/iphone-11-models-intel-modems/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess that we can now call them Apple modems as Apple bought the division after Intel exited the business. :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My iPhone is scheduled to arrive between 2 to 4pm tomorrow.

 

(wondering who should I pray to to keep the UPS "mice" from stealing my iPhone and putting it on ebay to be sold to a sucker, as it happened last year.)hmmm

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ZebraDude said:

My iPhone is scheduled to arrive between 2 to 4pm tomorrow.

 

(wondering who should I pray to to keep the UPS "mice" from stealing my iPhone and putting it on ebay to be sold to a sucker, as it happened last year.)hmmm

Ouch! That would certainly suck if that ever happened to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone order from Best Buy and was promised delivery on launch day and then got a delayed shipping status?

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, derrph said:

Anyone order from Best Buy and was promised delivery on launch day and then got a delayed shipping status?

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

A friend of mine ordered through Best Buy with in store pickup. He got it today. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2019 at 6:04 AM, ZebraDude said:

My iPhone is scheduled to arrive between 2 to 4pm tomorrow.

 

(wondering who should I pray to to keep the UPS "mice" from stealing my iPhone and putting it on ebay to be sold to a sucker, as it happened last year.)hmmm

Did you get it?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, for those who ordered and received today, how is the iPhone 11, 11 Pro, or 11 Pro Max?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Did you get it?

Woo Hoo. Yes I did this time. It was a long setup. I did the wired migration for the data transfer.

Sprint servers we’re maxed out but was able to do a online swap and I needed to do a dialer code to finish.

Went with The new AppleCare monthly as it covers this iPhone forever. I plan to keep this one for a while.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ZebraDude said:


Woo Hoo. Yes I did this time. It was a long setup. I did the wired migration for the data transfer.

Sprint servers we’re maxed out but was able to do a online swap and I needed to do a dialer code to finish.

Went with The new AppleCare monthly as it covers this iPhone forever. I plan to keep this one for a while.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats! Glad to hear you got it! Good thing I didn't order a day 1 phone again. I hate activation nightmares. Yes, when I get my Apple Watch Series 5 I'm going to go for the AppleCare monthly plan as well. It's nice to know we can have our devices covered until discontinuation.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So after waiting 2 hrs in line at the apple store I finally have a 11 pro. I can tell you the reception is alittle better then last years iPhones. It is a lot better then the unlocked s10 plus I was using which anything above -112 was useless. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stealth said:

So after waiting 2 hrs in line at the apple store I finally have a 11 pro. I can tell you the reception is alittle better then last years iPhones. It is a lot better then the unlocked s10 plus I was using which anything above -112 was useless. 

Thank you. That’s good to know that it sounds like the modem is better than the XS Max.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

m50vkv0n71o31.jpg

Taken in Portland, OR on iPhone 11 Pro. Is this FDD TDD (25+41) CA? I mean look at the uploads!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a upload on band 41 2x upload at 22mbps this evening. So far no complaints. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Brad The Beast said:

m50vkv0n71o31.jpg

Taken in Portland, OR on iPhone 11 Pro. Is this FDD TDD (25+41) CA? I mean look at the uploads!

Yes, interband CA has gone live in Portland as well as several other major markets. You're seeing 15 MHz L1900 UL in that speedtest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RAvirani said:

Yes, interband CA has gone live in Portland as well as several other major markets. You're seeing 15 MHz L1900 UL in that speedtest. 

When did they enable interband upload CA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yes, interband CA has gone live in Portland as well as several other major markets. You're seeing 15 MHz L1900 UL in that speedtest. 

Nice! I hope it’s enabled in Columbus OH. It’ll be a nice treat extra treat when my iPhone Max arrives on Monday.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Brad The Beast said:

When did they enable interband upload CA?

They didn't. That's a 15 MHz L1900 carrier aggregated with L2500. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RAvirani said:

They didn't. 

So how is he getting 261 down and 38 up? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brad The Beast said:

So how is he getting 261 down and 38 up? 

15x15 L1900 + L2500. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RAvirani said:

15x15 L1900 + L2500. 

Ah. So band 25 is the primary carrier then. It all makes sense now. When did they enable 25+41 CA? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else use an iphone 11 pro on IOS13.0 on a macbook pro?  I pretty frequently used the 'Personal Hotspot' feature previously and now my macbook refuses to stay connected to my phone.  It worked fine previously.  I cant remember if I dreamed about a known issue with this or if I imagined it, but it does seem like this is broken.

 

Can anyone confirm that they see the same issue?  Oddly enough, my wife used her iphone 11 pro on ios13 yesterday to give my kids ipads a hotspot... and that worked fine.  Appears to possibly be an issue with ios13 and macbooks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shaferz said:

Anyone else use an iphone 11 pro on IOS13.0 on a macbook pro?  I pretty frequently used the 'Personal Hotspot' feature previously and now my macbook refuses to stay connected to my phone.  It worked fine previously.  I cant remember if I dreamed about a known issue with this or if I imagined it, but it does seem like this is broken.

 

Can anyone confirm that they see the same issue?  Oddly enough, my wife used her iphone 11 pro on ios13 yesterday to give my kids ipads a hotspot... and that worked fine.  Appears to possibly be an issue with ios13 and macbooks?

I wonder if it's a bug that is supposed to be fixed in iOS 13.1. My MacBook Pro refuses to connect to my iPhone XR, which I updated first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...