Would love to hear some feedback on this device. I'm strongly considering picking this thing up! 

Some basic interesting facts about the One plus 7 pro 5G..

Snapdragon 855 CPU

8GB RAM

AMOLED QHD+ 

In-screen fingerprint sensor

All screen design with pop up camera

No wireless charging 

No official IP rating (supposedly can handle being underwater or being wet without issues for short periods)

@S4GRU @lilotimz @Dkoellerwx
******PLEASE MOVE TOPIC TO CORRECT LOCATION*******

One thing I noticed about the none 5G version is that it lacks BC10 for CDMA for voice. They only have BC0, BC1 listed as supported. Don't know if this will apply to the 5G variant 

4 minutes ago, mirskyc said:

One thing I noticed about the none 5G version is that it lacks BC10 for CDMA for voice. They only have BC0, BC1 listed as supported. Don't know if this will apply to the 5G variant 

Yeah, I don't think any of the older model will ever be compatible with Sprint in its current form (Sans merger)

I'm wondering if it can be flashed over to the international rom to get dual sim support like the T-mobile variant can...

Hopefully future phones will just support all carriers no matter where you buy it. Don't think the unlocked model will work on Sprint, only the Sprint model

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Came super close to picking this phone up but could not get over it's cons. No wireless charging/headphone jack and Samsung's superior build quality and design. (Note 10 is substantially better built)

I think I might end up with Note 10+ 5G.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

Came super close to picking this phone up but could not get over it's cons. No wireless charging/headphone jack and Samsung's superior build quality and design. (Note 10 is substantially better built)

I think I might end up with Note 10+ 5G.

My OnePlus 2 is still in use.  It's a rock solid device.  My 13 year old son uses it, and was a hand me down from his two older sisters.  After I used it initially for nearly 1-1/2 years.  It's as good as the day I bought it, over four years ago.

Although no wireless charging on a flagship device nowadays is unforgivable!  It was even a let down back in 2015 when the OnePlus 2 came out that it didn't have wireless charging.

Robert

• Like 2

Yeah, I don't think any of the older model will ever be compatible with Sprint in its current form (Sans merger)
It could work on Sprint as a VOLTE only device. It has 25,26 and 41

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• By Paynefanbro
      I was taking a look at the HTC 5G Hub that's supposed to be launching on Sprint sometime this month. It looks like it could technically be Sprint's first foray into the WISP space. On HTC's site they mention it as a sort of replacement for your WiFi router with the ability to connect up to 20 devices to it. I wonder what data caps will be on this when it launches and what they plan on charging people for using it?
      It seems to be a lot of things smashed into one device. It's combining a wireless router, a streaming box, and a cloud gaming device all into one. It also has support for pretty much every U.S. LTE band.
      https://www.htc.com/us/5g/htc-5g-hub/ 
    • By Paynefanbro
      I figured since Verizon's 5G-NR network officially launched it would make sense for there to be a thread for it.
    • By kckid
      Sprint announced at MWC trade show in Barcelona that 5G will go live with 4 cities starting in May  (Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas and Kansas City )
      https://phys.org/news/2019-02-sprint-5g-network-chicago-atlanta.html

• By ActionJacksonWX
      Sprint announced the MVNO Google Fi will use its network for 5G in a press release (that is, once there are actually 5G capable phones compatible with Google Fi someday):
      https://newsroom.sprint.com/sprint-to-provide-5g-wireless-services-for-google-fi.htm

This is the first I've heard about Fi and 5G so far. Google has pretty much kept mum on the topic, so I'm somewhat encouraged.
    • By Seandarcy
      It seems Sprint is going to try to leap frog to 5g, rolling out a year from now. What's actually required for them to do that ? How much is hardware vs software ? For instance, is a b41 antenna all the hardware required , only the software needs to be updated ? Does it require 8T8R antenna ? If an antenna is updated to 5g,  will it still work for 4g or only 5g ?
    • Yes the site at the Mountlake exit off 520 broadcasts 5 L2500 carriers. Many sites in the area do nowadays. The B12 is T-Mobile/AT&T roaming. If it's displaying as Sprint, it's T-Mobile roaming and it's unlimited and unthrottled. 
    • Saw a 5 carrier B41 on the 520 by UW. Also, have noticed B12 showing up on my phone as Sprint. Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk
    • This is a follow-up to my posts of Sept 7 and Sept 20. Well, things haven't worked too well with the Sprint MiFi8000.  After a promising start, things degraded quickly and I started to experience the spontaneous reboot problem that Sprint MiFi 8000 and Verizon MiFi 8800L users have reported.  Originally I thought that it was related to the signal level -- but in the end I decided it was some thermal issue.  The units do get warm...  So I sent my 4 MiFi 8000 units back to Sprint. And I was never happy with the Peplink/Pepwave Max On-The-Go (OTG) unit.  I had several problems with it and the support folks weren't very supportive.       So I bought a second HTC 5G hub (now I have two).  Attached is a photo of the two units.  I got my old Cradlepoint COR-IBR1700 out of the closet and am presently using its load balancing capability.  The 1700 has 5 ethernet ports; 4 of which can be assigned as WAN or LAN and the 5th is set to WAN.  So I set those as 1 LAN and 4 WAN ports -- the LAN port ties into my house ethernet, and two of those WAN ports go to the ethernet ports on the back of each HTC 5G hub.  But the 1700 seems to be in Round-Robin mode even though I have it set to Device Usage mode (balanced usage) -- well, it clearly isn't doing that.  The one on the right is 75.51 GB while the one on the left is 116 MB. At this point I've been very happy with this setup and the internet has worked continually for the past 3 weeks since I brought this system up.  No spontaneous reboots (e.g. MiFi 8000), no blank web-interface screens (e.g. Peplink MAX OTG), and no internet dropouts.  Scott  
    • When will Wi-Fi backhaul be enabled for the magic box? Mine is not connecting.