The likely new Dish 5G Network

dkyeager

It is dangerous to predict what Dish might do based on past performance, but some information is better than no information, thus this thread.  It also must be noted the merger is not complete.  For starters I expect Dish to quickly move past its current protection sites.  I think the S4gru model of taking in all information, but they verifying that against what actually exists will work well with Dish.

• Like 1

I am bullish on a DISH 5G company.  7 years is plenty of time to build out while using new T-Mobile's network and inheriting redundant assets and Sprint's prepaid customer base.  DISH will either get bought out for a premium by a big media/tech company or receive a big cash infusion investment for the buildout.  And they don't have to worry about the 3G/4G sunsetting troubles the other carriers are dealing with.

I am now monitoring DISH stock price for a good time to start buying up shares.

1 hour ago, red_dog007 said:

Knowing that they are going to cover 70% in less than 4 years, how much will that cost.  Seems like Dish is going to have to try and raise a lot of capital. 

They will get some Sprint network assets at fire sale prices. So not as much as if they started from the ground up. Plus Sprint base stations are completely programmable to accommodate new protocols.

Edited by bigsnake49
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bigsnake49 said:

They will get some Sprint network assets at fire sale prices. So not as much as if they started from the ground up. Plus Sprint base stations are completely programmable to accommodate new protocols.

If they are taking over leases, I doubt they will be saving significantly on the lease cost, if any.  More of a regulatory time saver. Dish seems like they are going all 5G.  They may not want an LTE 800MHz network, so shut that down as soon as they can. Are those base stations even 5G capable? They will also have to do a tower climb to deploy gear that supports their spectrum portfolio for any site they keep.  There could be some savings depending on what Dish has interest in, but there will still be a lot of work at each site they take over.