Jump to content
signalchaser

Extended network usage question

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, belusnecropolis said:

Pretty low density here, one channel in band 25, and two in 2500 when you get close.

 

Mini macros for L2500?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, RAvirani said:

Mini macros for L2500?

First round was, but the 8t8r installed last year also only broadcast two channels until recently. Third channel seems to be for magic boxes.

160MHz available so who knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had issues with US Cellular roaming in the past that was remedied by initiating a "hands free activation" on my handset

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, DurhamHusker said:

I have had issues with US Cellular roaming in the past that was remedied by initiating a "hands free activation" on my handset

I love when those tricks work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DurhamHusker said:

I have had issues with US Cellular roaming in the past that was remedied by initiating a "hands free activation" on my handset

What kind of issues were you having? What’s a “hands free activation”?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cardsfan96 said:

What’s a “hands free activation”?

Re-provisioning the phone on the network. Just means activation without support either in person at the store or online. Most phones are activated this way now when you turn on a new device. It can be activated by dialing #SCRTN or from a prompt in the menu on some phones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dkoellerwx said:

Re-provisioning the phone on the network. Just means activation without support either in person at the store or online. Most phones are activated this way now when you turn on a new device. It can be activated by dialing #SCRTN or from a prompt in the menu on some phones.

Thanks. I don’t really think I’m having having an issue roaming on U.S. Cellulars LTE unless everyone I know has the same problem. It just seems that LTE roaming isn’t active.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cardsfan96 said:

Thanks. I don’t really think I’m having having an issue roaming on U.S. Cellulars LTE unless everyone I know has the same problem. It just seems that LTE roaming isn’t active.

Is your current device the iPhone Xs, and in what particular areas are you having this issue? In mid-Missouri USCC LTE roaming is active as documented by other members. Other members have had specific device issues with roaming that only a device replacement fixed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Is your current device the iPhone Xs, and in what particular areas are you having this issue? In mid-Missouri USCC LTE roaming is active as documented by other members. Other members have had specific device issues with roaming that only a device replacement fixed.

Yes, I currently have an iPhone XS. The closest city to where I’m experiencing this is the Florida, Missouri area. My parents, who have iPhone 6 and 6s both can’t connect to LTE. Family members with iPhone X and XR’s experiencing the same. Just unusable 3g most of the time. All these phones about 8 months ago could connect to U.S. Cellular LTE regularly. My phone worked fantastic between the US Cellular LTE and band 71 on T-Mobile up until around December or January. I’m guessing all those phones lost it around the same time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cardsfan96 said:

Yes, I currently have an iPhone XS. The closest city to where I’m experiencing this is the Florida, Missouri area. My parents, who have iPhone 6 and 6s both can’t connect to LTE. Family members with iPhone X and XR’s experiencing the same. Just unusable 3g most of the time. All these phones about 8 months ago could connect to U.S. Cellular LTE regularly. My phone worked fantastic between the US Cellular LTE and band 71 on T-Mobile up until around December or January. I’m guessing all those phones lost it around the same time.

Strange. I wouldn't have been surprised at all if the 6/6s had issues. I don't know if those are explicitly supported when it comes to LTE roaming. The others should work. LTE roaming is enabled on a site by site basis, it's possible something changed on which sites are supported in those areas. It is relatively close to native coverage. The only thing I can suggest at this point is to continue to make noise through support chat and/or on Twitter, and hope that T-Mobile native coverage comes sooner than later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Strange. I wouldn't have been surprised at all if the 6/6s had issues. I don't know if those are explicitly supported when it comes to LTE roaming. The others should work. LTE roaming is enabled on a site by site basis, it's possible something changed on which sites are supported in those areas. It is relatively close to native coverage. The only thing I can suggest at this point is to continue to make noise through support chat and/or on Twitter, and hope that T-Mobile native coverage comes sooner than later.

I really don’t understand it. Tempted to switch back to my Nexus 6p just to see if any devices are getting LTE roaming. Just frustrating because none of the carriers cover that area well and We can’t have U.S. Cellular anymore so... What do you suggest I tell Twitter chat support? The last time they wanted to try a device refresh from their end but I had to go through some link and I just gave up at the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cardsfan96 said:

I really don’t understand it. Tempted to switch back to my Nexus 6p just to see if any devices are getting LTE roaming. Just frustrating because none of the carriers cover that area well and We can’t have U.S. Cellular anymore so... What do you suggest I tell Twitter chat support? The last time they wanted to try a device refresh from their end but I had to go through some link and I just gave up at the time.

You're concerned that LTE roaming is not working in areas it used to, that it is affecting multiple devices and you can recreate the issue. Try to escalate beyond first line support if you can. Sending messages to the Marci or Combes twitter account for your messages can help escalate the issues to someone that might understand.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

You're concerned that LTE roaming is not working in areas it used to, that it is affecting multiple devices and you can recreate the issue. Try to escalate beyond first line support if you can. Sending messages to the Marci or Combes twitter account for your messages can help escalate the issues to someone that might understand.

Not sure it will help but they filed a report for the area. I guess I’ll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...