Just got my new galaxy nexus, who's with me? Also, any lte in your area?

themuffinman

I'm just glad it's over! I've been thinking about my next phone since the last android update made my OG EVO slow and laggy. I was waiting on the new EVO, the GS3, or the new photon. I read everything about every new phone from every site. Didn't want a fixed battery, a physical keyboard, and after my experience with the NS4G, didn't really want a manufacturer skin.

So galaxy nexus it is, along with its crappy radio and battery! Because plain android and jellybean!

I have found the battery life to be pretty decent on the GNex. I have the extended battery, but if I keep a close eye on what is running, syncing, and make sure the screen is off when I am not using it, I can get 2 days out of a charge. I haven't used the GSIII or EVO LTE, but from what I've seen, the battery life falls just short of them, but still whips the tar out of the E4GT, EVO 3D etc, and flat out embarrasses the OG EVO. Everyone keeps saying the radios stink, maybe it is because I switched to Verizon, but I have not had a problem with signal.

Maybe I need to go try out a GSIII, but I just don't understand why everyone is ripping the GNex. It is really great looking, the development community is robust, the stock software is awesome, oh yeah and it's also a smartphone.

My only real complaint about the GNex is just radio performance in edge of service conditions.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

I'm rarely in edge of service conditions and Minneapolis is flat. I'll get the extended battery. Hopefully it'll be all good, sprint will light up LTE soon, and the phone will actually play nice with LTE.

• Like 1

I'm just glad it's over! I've been thinking about my next phone since the last android update made my OG EVO slow and laggy. I was waiting on the new EVO, the GS3, or the new photon. I read everything about every new phone from every site. Didn't want a fixed battery, a physical keyboard, and after my experience with the NS4G, didn't really want a manufacturer skin.

So galaxy nexus it is, along with its crappy radio and battery! Because plain android and jellybean!

I'm rarely in edge of service conditions and Minneapolis is flat. I'll get the extended battery. Hopefully it'll be all good, sprint will light up LTE soon, and the phone will actually play nice with LTE.

I would recommend that you get it rooted and find a nice rom to flash. My gnex been rooted for a while but I never flashed a rom on it up until last week. I flashed blackice kangorade rom over on xda and I got to tell you, that rom breathed a lot of new life into my gnex. With lite to moderate use I can easily get 20 to 24 hours on a charge where as I would be lucky to get half of that on the stock rom.

I'm happy with my Gnex now, just flashed a new JB rom yesterday, and it is buttery smooth. I bought the Verizon extended battery for $25, and keep both charged with me whenever I go out.

Had the data bug on my GNEX and exchanged for a GS3. I guess my stock android experience will be limited to my nexus 7. Can't believe they still haven't fixed that phone.

Had the data bug on my GNEX and exchanged for a GS3. I guess my stock android experience will be limited to my nexus 7. Can't believe they still haven't fixed that phone.

My Nexus has been fine since I purchased it on the 25th. At first I was pretty upset that the phone didn't arrive in Knoxville til the 25th, but in my opinion it was worth it. I don't seem to have the data bug, everything seems fine. My last Stock experience was the G2X, and it was not good at all. But I held my lip and went for the GNEX and it was worth it.

- Nocturnal

Edited by nocturnal
  • Like 1

My Nexus has been fine since I purchased it on the 25th. At first I was pretty upset that the phone didn't arrive in Knoxville til the 25th, but in my opinion it was worth it. I don't seem to have the data bug, everything seems fine. My last Stock experience was the G2X, and it was not good at all. But I held my lip and went for the GNEX and it was worth it.

- Nocturnal

Would you by any chance be the same Nocturnal who is a developer on XDA?

- Nocturnal

I wished mine worked. Right after I said I didn't have the data bug, I get the data bug. I tried updating profile, PRL, rebooting, toggling data on and off, and my data was out the whole morning. The sprint guy couldn't even figure it out.

I really wanted that phone, but I didn't want to take a chance and get another one that had the same problem, so I just went with the GS3. I like the look of the Nexus better, but I need the phone to work. The GS3's body is so slick and slippery, I need to get a case ASAP. On the bright side, I noticed right off the bat that the battery is much better.

Oh, and they did charge me a restocking fee which I don't think is fair, I just got the phone yesterday and it clearly didn't work.

I wished mine worked. Right after I said I didn't have the data bug, I get the data bug. I tried updating profile, PRL, rebooting, toggling data on and off, and my data was out the whole morning. The sprint guy couldn't even figure it out.

I really wanted that phone, but I didn't want to take a chance and get another one that had the same problem, so I just went with the GS3. I like the look of the Nexus better, but I need the phone to work. The GS3's body is so slick and slippery, I need to get a case ASAP. On the bright side, I noticed right off the bat that the battery is much better.

Oh, and they did charge me a restocking fee which I don't think is fair, I just got the phone yesterday and it clearly didn't work.

That's terrible. Ha, I hope I don't get it! Hopefully Jellybean will be out fast and fix some of these problems.

The battery isn't that good on the Nexus I will agree 100%

- Nocturnal

Edited by nocturnal

Definitely not fair, but understandable since you didn't want an exchange for the same model. I would suggest the usual maneuvers:escalating to the store manager followed by the district manager and/or asking for a $35 service credit from customer service.

Oh hell no, thats definitely not right. If I were you I would call customer service and ask for a credit in the same amount.

Oh hell no, thats definitely not right. If I were you I would call customer service and ask for a credit in the same amount.

I called them today, they said they'd make a note of it and if it shows up on the bill, call them. Not sure why the sprint store couldn't do that. I specifically went to a sprint store in case of an issue like this, but it didn't matter. I could've gotten the GNEX or GS3 cheaper on amazon or radio shack than at a sprint store. Next time. :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I called them today, they said they'd make a note of it and if it shows up on the bill, call them. Not sure why the sprint store couldn't do that. I specifically went to a sprint store in case of an issue like this, but it didn't matter. I could've gotten the GNEX or GS3 cheaper on amazon or radio shack than at a sprint store. Next time. :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

It seems like that store reps tend to be quite limited as to what they can actually do but I could also see that being part of their system of controls to prevent friends and family from walking in and getting unnecessary discounts or credits. Even so though, given your particular situation I don't see any reason why they would do that. The phone had a legitimate defect, so you shouldn't have been penalized or inconvenienced in anyway what so ever. Anyway, I am sure account services will no doubt get squared away if anything goes wrong.