LG VIPER first takes

Rickie546

Just got the viper today' date=' and for a low end phone so far it's great. I will be writing a full review this weekend for the site. Did I get 4g speeds on a NV site?? Just have to wait and see...

Rickie[/quote']

That's not fair to leave us in suspense, lol!

Sent from Joshs Evo Shift using Forum Runner

• Like 1

One thing the Viper appears to have going for it is relative RF performance. It absolutely smokes the EVO 4G LTE in ERP.

mhkdk.png

AJ

• Like 3

One thing the Viper appears to have going for it is relative RF performance. It absolutely smokes the EVO 4G LTE in ERP.

mhkdk.png

AJ

AJ,

So that means the signal comes in better for Viper vs. EVO LTE right??

Rickie

So that means the signal comes in better for Viper vs. EVO LTE right??

No, not exactly. ERP is Effective Radiated Power, so that is signal transmitted by the device, not received by the device. (For testing purposes, the FCC is concerned with RF emissions, not reception.) That said, in many devices, transmission/reception abilities are strongly correlated because both use the same antenna with same (or similar) gain structure. But Rx diversity and MIMO antennas throw a monkey wrench into that correlation, as Tx and Rx antennas are often now necessarily separate.

AJ

FYI article is done, should publish tonight if Robert has time.

In your review you mentioned a $50 Google wallet credit on the lg viper

Could you elaborate on that?

I can not find any information about a Google wallet credit on any other phone other then the sprint galaxy nexis

Thanks

Edited by Silenze

• 4 weeks later...

Sprint has lowered the price on the LG Viper LTE to $79 and is offering a $25 dollar Google Wallet credit. Not too shabby of a deal!

Nice Price!

By the way, I'm getting decent battery life on my Viper. After 15 hours of light use, my phone is still at 76%. :)

• Like 1

Nice Price!

By the way, I'm getting decent battery life on my Viper. After 15 hours of light use, my phone is still at 76%. :)

Good to hear, Josh! I like the Viper.. hope it continues to work out well for you!

Good to hear' date=' Josh! I like the Viper.. hope it continues to work out well for you![/quote']

Thanks. It's a nice phone. Much faster than my Shift. I just haven't installed much on mine yet until I get my data problem fixed. Ended up working today and never made it to Sprint. At least we had work though.

One thing I really, really like on the Viper is how well it fits in my hand. It fits like my 3Gs does. And so far I'm not missing the slide out keyboard, which is the key reason I got the Shift over the Evo 4G to begin with.

Sent from Joshs iPhone 3Gs using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Sprint fixed my phone. May have uncovered a potential issue with the PRL file that my phone updated to at activation. They pushed a different PRL and now it works great! :)

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

• Like 2

Sprint fixed my phone. May have uncovered a potential issue with the PRL file that my phone updated to at activation. They pushed a different PRL and now it works great! :)

What prl are u using?

Sent from my ICS Evo 4g using Forum Runner

What prl are u using?

Sent from my ICS Evo 4g using Forum Runner

The tech pushed prl 24003 to get 3G to work. The bad prl was 50587.

my evo lte has prl 25003

Weird. 25003 was pushed to my phone when i rebooted it this morning.

After a few more day's use, what sort of battery life are you seeing? I know each person's experience will be different, but how is it comparing to other phones you have had? My wife is looking at the viper, but is concerned about battery life as her current phone is not doing so hot.

After a few more day's use' date=' what sort of battery life are you seeing? I know each person's experience will be different, but how is it comparing to other phones you have had? My wife is looking at the viper, but is concerned about battery life as her current phone is not doing so hot.[/quote']

After 2 hours and 11 minutes off the charger, I'm down 20 percent. I'm getting between 7 and 10 hours with moderate usage on average.