Sprint LTE Coverage Map - Dallas/Ft.Worth Market

S4GRU

Cool. It's the tower near Guyer that I live close to. That's down the road from my house. Hopefully, Sprint will have it lit in August like you say.

• 4 weeks later...
The backhaul in the DFW market sounds like it will be quite stellar for Sprint LTE.

Robert

Yea if they stop teasing us. In North Richland Hills "Ft.worth" hit LTE for one day. 20mbps down. They turned it off next day. I feel sprint will go Bankrupt before LTE is finished. Cant sell a car with no gas stations. Yet S3 will be another device with no LTE. I understand tbe technical stand point but most people dont. Tbey expect to uploads pics to face book and refresh there feed in less then 10 secs.

Sent from my Epic Touch using Forum Runner. Also have Sprint Galaxy Nexus

Yea if they stop teasing us. In North Richland Hills "Ft.worth" hit LTE for one day. 20mbps down. They turned it off next day. I feel sprint will go Bankrupt before LTE is finished. Cant sell a car with no gas stations. Yet S3 will be another device with no LTE. I understand tbe technical stand point but most people dont. Tbey expect to uploads pics to face book and refresh there feed in less then 10 secs.

Sent from my Epic Touch using Forum Runner. Also have Sprint Galaxy Nexus

I understand your frustrations. I also think that Sprint should stop blocking LTE connections. But Sprint is not trying to tease you. If they had their way, no one would have been able to connect during the period when you did.

However, when the OEM completes LTE on a site, they do have to make it live for a little while to test and make sure it is fully functioning for the customer. Then they call Sprint and tell them its ready for Sprint to take over control. The first thing Sprint does when they take control is modify the SID to start blocking LTE connections.

I, personally, would rather be able to connect and try things out in that brief period, then to openly complain about it. If Sprint sees a lot of people complaining about having LTE show up for a day or two then disappear, they will start ordering the OEM's to start blocking the site connections themselves. And none of us will be able to use LTE until launch.

And this would really tick off some people. Because sometimes Sprint forgets to block some sites.

As far as the GS3 being another device without LTE...that's very short sighted. I suppose you will think that GS3 will have LTE when LTE shows up in your neighborhood, right? Until then, it does not. Even if the entire DFW market has LTE, there will be millions and millions of Sprint customers without LTE.

Would you say that a GS3 on Verizon doesn't have LTE? Yet, there are millions of VZW customers who still don't have LTE two years later. Would it be legitimate for them to say the new GS3 is yet another VZW device without LTE coverage? Same goes for ATT, which even has less customers covered with LTE than Verizon.

Sprint is not surprising anyone about the state of their LTE. They have not oversold their LTE network. Heck, Sprint doesn't even advertise their LTE network at all. All their device advertisements are about the devices, not about their blazing LTE capabilities. You wouldn't even know the devices had LTE in them, except for in their titles.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Most of the sites between McKinney/Fairview and the Lake are in July/August. However, the one near McKinney Airport is scheduled for late June. And the one in Central McKinney is in September.

Robert

Thanks for this information Robert! Can you tell me if the one near McKinney airport is live? If so, I may swing by there just to see what it's like...

Beamed from my EVO 4G LTE to your face via Tapatalk 2.

• Like 1

As of the last update I received of completed NV sites, none were in the McKinney area yet.

Robert

Nice mapa and is the LTE in use yet or still down

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

It's still being blocked as far as I know. Although, we have gotten some posts today about some LTE being observed in KC and ATL. Maybe the blocking is coming to an end?

Robert

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

OK so I hear the official rollout in DFW was today (7/15), but I can't test it myself as I'm out of the state for the week. Is anyone enjoying Sprint's 4G LTE yet?

--Beamed from my EVO 4G LTE to your face via Tapatalk 2.--

OK so I hear the official rollout in DFW was today (7/15), but I can't test it myself as I'm out of the state for the week. Is anyone enjoying Sprint's 4G LTE yet?

I had a 4G LTE signal near Summit and I30 in Fort Worth the last two days.

post-2939-13424001742079_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately when I get more than a mile from that site, it switches back to 3G. At my house, I might as well get 2 cups and a string for connectivity.

Sent from my GS3 on Tapatalk 2

I had a 4G LTE signal near Summit and I30 in Fort Worth the last two days.

post-2939-13424001742079_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately when I get more than a mile from that site, it switches back to 3G. At my house, I might as well get 2 cups and a string for connectivity.

Sent from my GS3 on Tapatalk 2

63449f72-6778-cb85.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• 1 month later...

Most of the sites between McKinney/Fairview and the Lake are in July/August. However, the one near McKinney Airport is scheduled for late June. And the one in Central McKinney is in September.

Robert

Robert, it is now September (where does the time go?) and I'm checking for an update on the Central McKinney site. Also can you tell me roughly where that tower is?

On an unrelated note, I got my first taste of LTE in Rockwall near the harbor over the Labor Day weekend. Not spectacular, but WAY better than 3G could ever be.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Robert, it is now September (where does the time go?) and I'm checking for an update on the Central McKinney site. Also can you tell me roughly where that tower is?

On an unrelated note, I got my first taste of LTE in Rockwall near the harbor over the Labor Day weekend. Not spectacular, but WAY better than 3G could ever be.

It looks like this one might be live, here are my results from inside the CVS at Ridge and Eldorado:

post-2172-13517374740922_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about Denton. It is the only major area that is part of the dfw that has received nothing. It is like we are black listed or Sprint does not want to serve college students. Overall this thread has gone a little quiet so I figured that I might wake it up. Thanks!

Evan

I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about Denton. It is the only major area that is part of the dfw that has received nothing. It is like we are black listed or Sprint does not want to serve college students. Overall this thread has gone a little quiet so I figured that I might wake it up. Thanks!

Evan

I noticed the same thing. D/FW has progressed slowly (compared to other markets) since the early launch with Collin and Denton counties getting very little of that. I'm sure there's a reason but I haven't heard anything about why. It's got to be coming, we just have to be patient.

Evan

It is coming. It must either be a permitting or backhaul issue unique to Denton since there is zero done in the area. But the sites in the area are indeed slated for Network Vision/LTE upgrades. And it has nothing to do with the University. TCU, SMU and Baylor have coverage.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

And it has nothing to do with the University. TCU, SMU and Baylor have coverage.

But not UNT. Maybe the Mean Green was mean to Sprint.

AJ

• Like 1

Here is a Sprint 4G LTE coverage map of the live sites as of April 20, 2012 in the Sprint DFW Market. Darker green does not denote stronger coverage, only doubled up coverage.

gallery_1_2_26809.jpg

S4GRU Sponsors can use an interactive version of this map to zoom in and pan around by following this link: http://s4gru.com/ind...dallasft-worth/

The tower on Hampton near the Tom Thumb and Country Burger had NV turned on a few days ago. A friend of mine who lives on Marvin Ave is getting download speeds of about 9 Mbps download and 8 Mbps upload.

But not UNT. Maybe the Mean Green was mean to Sprint.

AJ

Lol perhaps... I was almost sure that they would have had it launched in te for the school year back in early September, but I missed that one. Perhaps in time for college students to ask for new phones for Christmas. Thanks Robert for all of your info. I check the site at least every other night. I used to check more, but I just got more depressed missing out on 4g :) Well I should be in KC for Christmas so maybe that counts.

Im in Dallas currently for Thanksgiving and I have been all over downtown but still not LTE data. My phone will connect to LTE (Shown via INFO menu) but I never get a data connection. This also has happened in other cities. Anyone know what might be wrong?

Im in Dallas currently for Thanksgiving and I have been all over downtown but still not LTE data. My phone will connect to LTE (Shown via INFO menu) but I never get a data connection. This also has happened in other cities. Anyone know what might be wrong?

Are you using an EVO LTE? If so that phone tends to have connection problems.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

After doing some searching I think I found my issue. I run Cyanogenmod 10 on my Galaxy Nexus and after reading this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1774324&page=191

and changing my apns-confs.xml I immediately started connecting to eHRPD. Unfortunately I was not in an LTE area when I found this fix so I cannot say for sure it fixes the LTE connection issue but its very promising it does.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...