CDMA End of Life Set for May 1

i was asking about my phone stop working  for phone call and tex message .

What can i do since my phone was reset and it work on the cdma network since the cdma network say no new activation in that article .

and i am talking as best as i can 

Oh I get ya. Is yours a LTE capable phone? If yes you have nothing to worried about. If not it was still work, just no prl update and will have to upgrade to LTE device when CDMA shutdown nears. If you have a LTE device then nothing to worry about. Happy Friday

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

Oh I get ya. Is yours a LTE capable phone? If yes you have nothing to worried about. If not it was still work, just no prl update and will have to upgrade to LTE device when CDMA shutdown nears. If you have a LTE device then nothing to worry about. Happy Friday

it is a lte and what is funny data on lte work  cdma network is nowhere to be seen i keep seeing voice network not avable   and the app to show more inof about celphone signal say the 1x network no signal like it was shut down 

it is a lte and what is funny data on lte work  cdma network is nowhere to be seen i keep seeing voice network not avable   and the app to show more inof about celphone signal say the 1x network no signal like it was shut down 
I would go to the Sprint store and have it looked at. New sim card might be needed

• Like 1

Just now, Tengen31 said:

I would go to the Sprint store and have it looked at. New sim card might be needed

i call sprint store they doint have my sim card in stock may have to have one ship in unless  i just upgrade to a new phone since it is 3 year old and have usb and headphone jack and battery life issue 

On 5/3/2019 at 9:49 AM, Tengen31 said:

i went to sprint store other phone in it are wokring  loke like a broke sim  but the device is so old my not be worht it 

Any hope for VoLTE roaming?
Yes not going to have any choice when VZW CDMA roaming goes away. I wish it was sooner to force this on Sprint. It's never made since that TMobile roaming didn't include instead of VZW 1x

I will be satisfied by T-mobile and US Cellular voice roaming. If they get VoLTE roaming on AT&T or Verizon will be a plus but I am not setting hopes that high.

I will be satisfied by T-mobile and US Cellular voice roaming. If they get VoLTE roaming on AT&T or Verizon will be a plus but I am not setting hopes that high.
Yeah cause VZW roaming has limits which no one wants. Those two don't

28 minutes ago, dnwk said:

Any hope for VoLTE roaming?

The T-Mobile roaming agreement doesn't include VoLTE. Sprint could do VoIP on T-Mobile LTE (similar to Calling Plus) although there may be reliability issues there. 

We will likely see VoLTE roaming on USCC, AT&T and other rural partners as their LTE networks mature. 

The T-Mobile roaming agreement doesn't include VoLTE. Sprint could do VoIP on T-Mobile LTE (similar to Calling Plus) although there may be reliability issues there. 
We will likely see VoLTE roaming on USCC, AT&T and other rural partners as their LTE networks mature. 
I'm sure it's not hard to add VOLTE agreement. Don't wanna be roaming onto TMO then switch to att during a call

• 6 months later...

I didn't think 3G could be trimmed down far enough to fit in a guard band. 

Beings that VZW complete shutdown is Dec. 31 2020, ATT is Early 2022, I think we can expect Sprint's shutdown around then as well, at least a partial one.  I think they could rock 1x800 for a long time. Unless they are ready for 5G on 800 and want to do 5x5 5G and repurpose the 1x800 into LTE. 

6 hours ago, red_dog007 said:

I didn't think 3G could be trimmed down far enough to fit in a guard band. 

It doesn't have to fit completely into a guard band. Even if CDMA overlaps with the LTE carrier, the LTE carrier an be configured to not assign resource blocks that overlap with the CDMA carrier. 

For example, if in a market where Sprint owns the C+G block, they could run a 20x20 L1900 carrier spanning 1975-1995/1895-1915. The default LTE guard bands would be 1975-1976/1895-1896 and 1994-1995/1914-1915. If Sprint ran two CDMA carriers that occupied 1975.125-1976.375/1895.125-1896.375 and 1993.625-1994.875/1913.625-1914.875, they could prevent the LTE carrier from assigning resource blocks in the 1976-1976.5/1896-1896.5 and 1993.5-1994/1913.5-1914 range. This leaves a 0.125 MHz guard band on either side of the CDMA carrier. With this design, you have the 94.7% (18/19 MHz available) of the capacity of a 20x20 LTE carrier as well as two CDMA carriers in a single 20x20 block of spectrum. 

On 11/24/2019 at 4:28 PM, RAvirani said:

It doesn't have to fit completely into a guard band. Even if CDMA overlaps with the LTE carrier, the LTE carrier an be configured to not assign resource blocks that overlap with the CDMA carrier. 

This is cool.  I didn't know this was a thing.  Wonder if this is what VZW is doing. Do you happen to know what 3GPP Release this became a feature and if it has a specific name?

On 11/24/2019 at 5:56 PM, Brad The Beast said:

I don't want my 3G trimmed down. I get 2.5Mbps over it! Granted it only works if you have a good signal. 

For me personally, I don't care anymore if EVDO goes away.  When I am out and about, when I actually drop down to EVDO, which is lesser these days, the signal is so weak after LTE dies off that it is completely unusable.  

It also used to be more useful when there was a lack of widespread B41, and LTE overall was less optimized a few years ago.  When <1Mbps was fairly common, disable LTE and in town you are back up to +2Mbps on EVDO.  However, I rarely even do this anymore.  

6 hours ago, red_dog007 said:

This is cool.  I didn't know this was a thing.  Wonder if this is what VZW is doing. Do you happen to know what 3GPP Release this became a feature and if it has a specific name?

Verizon is doing that here. By the 1x channel number it's in the middle of their 10x10 B5 carrier, and their EvDo carrier is within their 5x5 B2 carrier. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am concerned about what Sprint is going to do about voice for iPhone's 6, 6+, SE, 6s, 6s+, 7, and 7+. Right now with my 6s my voice calls go over AT&T HSDPA when I'm outside of Sprint coverage. I'm wondering if Sprint will support VoLTE on these phones or decide to just pawn us off on AT&T for voice even inside Sprint coverage areas, which I believe AT&T plans to shut down HSDPA in 2022. 

• 7 months later...
6 hours ago, dnwk said:

Any update on CDMA sunset?

I have not heard anything. Only that non-volte devices won't be allowed on the T-Mobile network...

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/07/25/t-mobile-will-soon-require-volte-on-all-phones-incomopatible-devices-kicked-off-january/

AT&T has announced Feb 2022 https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1324171

Verizon to end CDMA Jan 2021 IIRC...

• 3 months later...

They likely won’t get around to turning off CDMA until the end of next year. They’ve already migrated 15% of Sprint customers over to the T-Mobile network through software updates and device upgrades. I think that the shutdown of T-Mobile’s 2G and 3G network was moved up to January specifically to free up some spectrum in lots of cities to take on more Sprint customers. For example, they’ll have an extra 5MHz of AWS here in NYC. 

T-Mobile will probably take an even more aggressive approach to switching people over to their network next year because of that. 

• Like 1

If I switch to a T-Mobile SIM (TNX) will I lose the ability to roam on AT&T? (I know I'll lose the ability to roam on Verizon 1x voice). There is a area I travel though frequently that literally has nothing but AT&T and Verizon and has been fine for me for many years with Sprint as I would always just roam on Verizon there and the past year and a half I started roaming on AT&T there instead.

• 1 month later...
On 11/13/2020 at 5:52 PM, TechGuru said:

If I switch to a T-Mobile SIM (TNX) will I lose the ability to roam on AT&T? (I know I'll lose the ability to roam on Verizon 1x voice). There is a area I travel though frequently that literally has nothing but AT&T and Verizon and has been fine for me for many years with Sprint as I would always just roam on Verizon there and the past year and a half I started roaming on AT&T there instead.

I switched to TNX and lost a lot of roaming 

On 11/13/2020 at 8:52 PM, TechGuru said:

Yes. Switching to TNX will cause you to lose all Sprint roaming partners. You would only have access to T-mobile roaming, and whoever their partners are. I know there is some att roaming but it's more restrictive than Sprint. And you also lose high speed international roaming.