Galaxy Note 10 rumors, expectations, and news

xdfgf

• 1 month later...

I keep forgetting to post this but does anyone else have trouble streaming music on Sprint who uses either a galaxy S9 variant or Note 10 variant? I've had both phones over the last few years and have never been able to smoothly stream music even though I'm in very strong signal areas where streaming HD video is no problem. This makes zero sense to me. I can't stream music on Sprint. Like what the actual fudge?  This was using both Amazon Music as well as Google Play music. 

• 2 weeks later...

This is by far the fastest speed I've ever gotten and this is on 4G on a Galaxy Note 10+. Not even 5G capable.  This was in front of Bobby Jones Golf Course on Northside Drive in Atlanta. 

Is this even possible? WiFi was disengaged for sure. 

Screenshot_20200324-124125_Speedtest.jpg

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JonnygATL said:

This is by far the fastest speed I've ever gotten and this is on 4G on a Galaxy Note 10+. Not even 5G capable.  This was in front of Bobby Jones Golf Course on Northside Drive in Atlanta. 

Is this even possible? WiFi was disengaged for sure. 

Screenshot_20200324-124125_Speedtest.jpg

Definitely the fastest I have ever seen on Sprint LTE, highest I've personally seen is a tad over 200. 5G when I am around it is usually in the 400 range for now until an official launch is pushed.

57 minutes ago, JonnygATL said:

Yeah it was within 100 yards of a tower clearly with massive mimo but still ..I never thought this was possible on 4G even with 3xCA.

With speeds like that what is the point of 5G lol, mmwave sucks unless you're right in line with the tower. Sprint 5G is pretty awesome though from my limited experience.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JonnygATL said:

Yeah it was within 100 yards of a tower clearly with massive mimo but still ..I never thought this was possible on 4G even with 3xCA.

Fastest I've ever pulled anywhere around atlanta was around 250 to 260 or so on my note 10+ , don't have a 5g sprint phone as yet.  My s20u is on at&t.  Pretty impressive though

43 minutes ago, themuffinman said:

Fastest I've ever pulled anywhere around atlanta was around 250 to 260 or so on my note 10+ , don't have a 5g sprint phone as yet.  My s20u is on at&t.  Pretty impressive though

Yeah I was extremely impressed to the point where I though it might be a mistake. But it was a 4G LTE connection and nothing else. Unless something else was wrong or there was erroneous data, I don't know. I typically get 120 down inside my apartment but, curiously I can't stream Amazon Music nor Google Play music for more than 30 seconds without it then buffering for a minute or two or even longer. Makes streaming music absolutely impossible. How can this be with such great throughput? This has been the case for over a year. It isn't a new issue for me, unfortunately. Any ideas?

Man you all suck! [emoji23]. Once upon a time I might have pulled 200-300 Mbps in the start of LTE now at my house (Coweta by interstate) I might get 50 Mbps and my work I have to have a magic box just to get 20 Mbps but even outside at my work (Southwest Dekalb near interstate) I don't get but 20-30 Mbps either when I used to get 200 Mbps in the beginning as did I near my house as well. Definitely got tower saturation in my area.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, troyd96 said:

Man you all suck! emoji23.png. Once upon a time I might have pulled 200-300 Mbps in the start of LTE now at my house (Coweta by interstate) I might get 50 Mbps and my work I have to have a magic box just to get 20 Mbps but even outside at my work (Southwest Dekalb near interstate) I don't get but 20-30 Mbps either when I used to get 200 Mbps in the beginning as did I near my house as well. Definitely got tower saturation in my area.

My buddies and I were at the gun range in newnan several months ago and the speeds were pretty good around that area. 

• 2 weeks later...

I can get 385 mbps on my note 10 plus on lte . So those speeds were backhaul very high . I get 200 plus a lot in Delaware.  my home tower I get 102 mbps on band 25. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Anyone notice your WiFi calling not working anymore on the Note 10+? I got it connected and have verified my address several times but haven't been able to get it to work since either this May update or the one in April. I don't really know which one it happened on. My wife's Note 10+ won't connect to it either. We just see VoLTE symbol instead of wifi calling one and dialer doesn't show the wifi symbol either on the green button.

• Like 1

Anyone notice your WiFi calling not working anymore on the Note 10+? I got it connected and have verified my address several times but haven't been able to get it to work since either this May update or the one in April. I don't really know which one it happened on. My wife's Note 10+ won't connect to it either. We just see VoLTE symbol instead of wifi calling one and dialer doesn't show the wifi symbol either on the green button.

Answered my own question I guess with the FAQ section for wifi calling...

01cab0687f84d0356f7a40a7a5c52dd4.jpg

You can change it back to be wifi preferred if you want. At least you can on non-Samsung devices. It should be under the wifi calling settings.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

On 5/17/2020 at 12:14 PM, troyd96 said:

I just found this out myself on the s10e. Download the Samsung Band Selection app and you can set it back to wifi if you want. Dumb that there is no menu option for it natively.

• Like 1

I just found this out myself on the s10e. Download the Samsung Band Selection app and you can set it back to wifi if you want. Dumb that there is no menu option for it natively.
I'm ok with it doing what it thinks is best. Honestly wifi calling was always flakey for me to begin with. If I had to take a call at home and went outside too far away from my house it would not cut over to cell correctly and half the time I lost the call. Same went for when it used the magic box at my work and I went too far away from it.

1 hour ago, troyd96 said:

I'm ok with it doing what it thinks is best. Honestly wifi calling was always flakey for me to begin with. If I had to take a call at home and went outside too far away from my house it would not cut over to cell correctly and half the time I lost the call. Same went for when it used the magic box at my work and I went too far away from it.

I agree, I never had much luck with wifi-calling either, I just don't like when decisions are made for the end user because the company thinks it is best. In my specific situation, I WANT/NEED to use wifi instead of LTE while I understand some/many others might not.

Edited by killerz298

23 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

WiFi calling has never been good, I've missed a lot of calls due to it. I just leave it disabled at this point.

Agreed... it is definitely not my desired solution, but a necessity as of right now.

WiFi calling has never been good, I've missed a lot of calls due to it. I just leave it disabled at this point.
That must be a Samsung thing then. Or an issue with your wifi. It's been rock solid on Pixels.

For years back in the day, Samsung phones had an issue where wifi would go into a power save mode and would miss IPv6 RA packets. The result was that the IPv6 address would expire, and the phone would just drop all the connections silently and not reestablish them unless you turned the screen on. This caused notifications to stop working on IPv6 capable networks. I'm pretty sure it eventually got fixed, but it's possible there's something similar that's happening with wifi calling on Samsung devices.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk