Jump to content
PythonFanPA

LG V50 News & Rumors

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, notsrealinc said:

Yes: C3AEkgQ.png

and yes.

Maybe I am missing something, but I don't see band 25 turned off with the other LTE bands stll functioning nor do I see the band priorities listed or allowing you to change them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, dkyeager said:

Maybe I am missing something, but I don't see band 25 turned off with the other LTE bands stll functioning nor do I see the band priorities listed or allowing you to change them.

I'm pretty much sure that you tap on "Band 25 Enable" from On to Off and then the to change the Band Priority you just tap on it and rearrange it. http://imgur.com/a/DNRICJB

 

Edit, disabling only B25446931276_Capture_2019-06-02-10-14-03.thumb.png.966e505039e1a2296bc3fc979ffaba91.png

Edited by notsrealinc
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, notsrealinc said:

I'm pretty much sure that you tap on "Band 25 Enable" from On to Off and then the to change the Band Priority you just tap on it and rearrange it. http://imgur.com/a/DNRICJB

 

Edit, disabling only B25446931276_Capture_2019-06-02-10-14-03.thumb.png.966e505039e1a2296bc3fc979ffaba91.png

Initially looks good.  The reason why I asked was in many LG phones, turning off b25, disables all LTE.  The band priority on some LG phones displays nothing when you click on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dkyeager said:

Initially looks good.  The reason why I asked was in many LG phones, turning off b25, disables all LTE.  The band priority on some LG phones displays nothing when you click on it.

Huh, didn't know that. My LG G3 and G4 didn't have those issues if I remember. 

Edited by notsrealinc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a 5G engineering screen?!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I wonder if VoLTE will be active since it will have Pie on it
Got a V50 today, and VoLTE is enabled and active. I'm slightly outside of 5G coverage, so I haven't been able to test that yet.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Is there a 5G engineering screen?!

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. It's labeled NR Engineering (New Radio). I don't think that's a Sprint thing, at least I hope not. default_biggrin.png

 

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

 

 

b2fb3b03261ea01bbd90748437113e5a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Grabber5.0 said:

Yes. It's labeled NR Engineering (New Radio). I don't think that's a Sprint thing, at least I hope not. default_biggrin.png

 

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

NR is the technical name for 5G. Think WCDMA/UMTS or EVDO for 3G. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NR is the technical name for 5G. Think WCDMA/UMTS or EVDO for 3G. 
I know, but NR is a really dumb name though. It means nothing without context. What will they call the next one? New New Radio? LOL

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Grabber5.0 said:

I know, but NR is a really dumb name though. It means nothing without context. What will they call the next one? New New Radio? LOL emoji848.png

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk
 

To be fair Long Term Evolution wasn't a great name either...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To be fair Long Term Evolution wasn't a great name either...

This is true. But slightly better. default_biggrin.png

 

Now if only I can find some 5G coverage to put some info on that engineering screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2019 at 11:43 PM, Terrell352 said:

Is there a 5G engineering screen?!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I posted all the engineering screens here: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't had time to do a detailed comparison of photos from my V40 to the V50, but the photos have examined recently definitely seem sharper. I wonder if they have fixed the over-processing that they've been guilty of in the past.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...