lilotimz

Official Magic Box discussion thread

any traction on the ethernet backhaul on the Magic Box Gold?  still trying everyday on mine and no luck =(

5 hours ago, alphaalphagamma said:

any traction on the ethernet backhaul on the Magic Box Gold?  still trying everyday on mine and no luck =(

End of summer according to people in charge of the MB.

There is no time frame. They're making progress and having it being field tested though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Looks like we may have fallen into the "Have magic box, used to work well when it would get B26 backhaul, but now has intermittent issues as it has been forced to connect to B41 backhaul, and we are now also in the coverage black hole for MB support (where it is 'available for subscribers' via the MB address website)."

We are 2.24 mi from the donor site, and as I understand it, Sprint reduced the radius to within 2 miles of the donor site for elegibility for a MB. Additionally, we do not have complete line of sight to the donor site.

We have NOT received any requests from Sprint asking us to return our MB. We get 30-50Mbit downlink but only maybe 500-1Mb uplink, and SpeedTest will sit there for 10-20 seconds and sometimes error out on the uplink test.

I think almost all the issues we have on our phones at home relate to the uplink issue.  We have to reboot the MB sometimes as well (it is on a UPS, we don't like outages!).

Any chance that we might get a MB Gold, or at least some way of getting the 1xRTT addon for our 3 iPhones?   Or even an internet connection?   We do not have broadband available at our home.

Addendum: I have Calling+ enabled on my S9+. and experience no issues at all while connected to the MB with calls.

1 hour ago, Handyman said:

Looks like we may have fallen into the "Have magic box, used to work well when it would get B26 backhaul, but now has intermittent issues as it has been forced to connect to B41 backhaul, and we are now also in the coverage black hole for MB support (where it is 'available for subscribers' via the MB address website)."

We are 2.24 mi from the donor site, and as I understand it, Sprint reduced the radius to within 2 miles of the donor site for elegibility for a MB. Additionally, we do not have complete line of sight to the donor site.

We have NOT received any requests from Sprint asking us to return our MB. We get 30-50Mbit downlink but only maybe 500-1Mb uplink, and SpeedTest will sit there for 10-20 seconds and sometimes error out on the uplink test.

I think almost all the issues we have on our phones at home relate to the uplink issue.  We have to reboot the MB sometimes as well (it is on a UPS, we don't like outages!).

Any chance that we might get a MB Gold, or at least some way of getting the 1xRTT addon for our 3 iPhones?   Or even an internet connection?   We do not have broadband available at our home.

Addendum: I have Calling+ enabled on my S9+. and experience no issues at all while connected to the MB with calls.

Request the magic box gold, and ask for the voice amp add-on.  They are both available, we just ordered and received both for a friend.

• Like 1