Official Magic Box discussion thread

lilotimz

Not sure what to do, my Pixel 2 XL has decided that it no longer likes my MB.  It just won't see the MB.  I'm bouncing between t-mobile roaming that screws up my clock, to over subscribed B26, to weak B41 that barely works, to occasionally B25 that works.  However, B25 gets handed off very quickly to one of the other bands.

Randomly on Monday my phone latched on to the MB and stayed there until I ran into town, when I got home, it wouldn't see it.  It seems that the longer I stay in the house, eventually my phone will see the MB, but it's very inconsistent.

I worked with Customer Care, however, they told me to take my phone to a Sprint store for diagnostics.

My MB appears to be fine as my HotSpot connects to it just fine and never leaves.  My neighbors and family Sprint devices hook to it just fine.  I've done all the standard system updates, PRL, Profile, etc.

Used to be that as soon as I got into my garage I was on the MB and my phone never went to the Macro until I was driving away.

Any suggestions, thoughts, ideas?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shaferz said:

Yep - I'll be calling in to get one of these to replace my MB.

I just chatted with Sprint online and asked and he's over-nighting the new Gold Box and RMA kit for me. In like 3 messages total this was solved. Never had a chat be so efficient. Clearly CSR is doing the right routing to the appropriate agents now. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, shaferz said:

.... aaaaaaand chat agent said they can not order them and I'd need to call the Magic Box team.  dangit.

wow was that not the experience I received. I hope my chat dude actually did the right thing now 🙄

1 minute ago, mmark27 said:

wow was that not the experience I received. I hope my chat dude actually did the right thing now 🙄

Second chat agent hooked me up.  :) . Amazing the personality difference between the two that I dealt with.  I was most surprised that when I was on the phone with the OKC team that they said to try again in a month or so.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jefbal99 said:

Not sure what to do, my Pixel 2 XL has decided that it no longer likes my MB.  It just won't see the MB.  I'm bouncing between t-mobile roaming that screws up my clock, to over subscribed B26, to weak B41 that barely works, to occasionally B25 that works.  However, B25 gets handed off very quickly to one of the other bands.

Randomly on Monday my phone latched on to the MB and stayed there until I ran into town, when I got home, it wouldn't see it.  It seems that the longer I stay in the house, eventually my phone will see the MB, but it's very inconsistent.

I worked with Customer Care, however, they told me to take my phone to a Sprint store for diagnostics.

My MB appears to be fine as my HotSpot connects to it just fine and never leaves.  My neighbors and family Sprint devices hook to it just fine.  I've done all the standard system updates, PRL, Profile, etc.

Used to be that as soon as I got into my garage I was on the MB and my phone never went to the Macro until I was driving away.

Any suggestions, thoughts, ideas?

I have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM. Incredibly frustrating. S9+ here. The roomie has an S8 which always  connects. 

I called and requested a Gen3 Magic Box Gold and he put in the order.

When I check the order status online, it shows: Pending: AIRSPAN AU544MAGICBX GEN2

So did he put in an order for the Gen2? Are they even shipping Gen2's anymore? Do I need to call back?

59 minutes ago, though said:

When I check the order status online, it shows: Pending: AIRSPAN AU544MAGICBX GEN2

So did he put in an order for the Gen2? Are they even shipping Gen2's anymore? Do I need to call back?

Wrong one! It needs to says Magic Box Gold

59 minutes ago, though said:

Yes, call back. This happened to me and a Gen2 showed up.

My order fell through. When I talked to them today, they said that the band that is needed for gen3 in my area isn't available. I told them that my gen 2 works fine but apparently the 3 uses different carrier
That doesn't make sense, they use the exact same bands. I would try again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, belusnecropolis said:

Yes, call back. This happened to me and a Gen2 showed up.

Called back, lady said they can only order what is in stock and can't cancel the order once it's been placed. Suggested I wait and see what actually arrives and if it's the wrong one, request a return and re-order.

Pretty lame, can't cancel a "Pending" order???

1 hour ago, though said:

Called back, lady said they can only order what is in stock and can't cancel the order once it's been placed. Suggested I wait and see what actually arrives and if it's the wrong one, request a return and re-order.

Pretty lame, can't cancel a "Pending" order???

They did the same thing to me, but mine was suppose to cancel, but didn't. I just called back and said they ordered the wrong one and I would like the latest version aka Magic Box Gold which is what I'm getting tomorrow.

31 minutes ago, alphaalphagamma said:

thanks for the info! one other thing, the press release says 3CA, is that only from the tower or does it broadcast 3CA to the UE as well?

Relay.

12 hours ago, SeanK_ said:

They did the same thing to me, but mine was suppose to cancel, but didn't. I just called back and said they ordered the wrong one and I would like the latest version aka Magic Box Gold which is what I'm getting tomorrow.

Called back, gentleman got it cancelled and correct unit ordered!

• Like 1