Official Magic Box discussion thread

lilotimz

For those who have been contacted about the Magic Box, were you contacted by email, text or phone?  I received a call (after looking up the number since I do not answer calls from numbers I do not know), the feedback says it was from a Sprint Store I have never visited though I have visited others on rare occasion.

:( I just received an email that I will not be getting a Magic Box at this time. Not a big surprise but I was hopeful. Maybe in the future. Not sure why it came from and includes the link to The Employee Phone Care  Team" I am not an employee of Sprint and never have been?

"Dear Sprint Partner,

Thank you for your interest in and registration for a Sprint® Magic Box. We have experienced a tremendous response from our employees, customers and prospects (15 times higher than expected!) for the Sprint Magic Box.

Due to very limited inventory, we are currently undergoing a soft launch (extended test) with approximately 500 Sprint Partners in different locations throughout the country. These Partners are being asked to help evaluate the customer experience, and performance of the device with Sprint network prior to a national launch. This additional testing is to help ensure a smooth customer experience when we start to roll out more boxes as more inventory becomes available later this fall.

Based on the very limited available inventory and a variety of network related factors, we are not able to select your current location as part of this 500 Sprint Partner test. However, as we receive more inventory over the coming months, additional Sprint Magic Boxes will be distributed. We will continue to keep you informed and reach out by email to communicate next steps.

We appreciate your patience and interest in Sprint Magic Box. You can reach out to us with your concerns/questions at employeephoneprograms@sprint.com

Thank you again for your interest in Sprint Magic Box.

The Sprint Employee Phone Team"

• Like 1

For those who have been contacted about the Magic Box, were you contacted by email, text or phone?  I received a call (after looking up the number since I do not answer calls from numbers I do not know), the feedback says it was from a Sprint Store I have never visited though I have visited others on rare occasion.

I received a call.  888 sprint number.  they left a voicemail since coverage was a problem and my phone did not ring.  I think the declines are being sent emails instead so they dont have to deal with the whining over the phone. ;)

I just received a call from the 888 number and said I was approved for a Magic Box based on my location the rep. said they are expecting inventory September and should start going out on the second week.

• Like 1

Got a call this afternoon. Looks like I will get one anytime between now and mid September.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Got the call for one magic box and I don't have B41 in the area.

You may know this already, but others may not. Magic Box can use B25 for back haul.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

You may know this already, but others may not. Magic Box can use B25 for back haul.

Up until recently they were denying apps because there was no band 41 around.  Parking these on band 25 is not really ideal but maybe now they are looking at overall utilization for band 25 before they disqualify someone completely.

• Like 1

Up until recently they were denying apps because there was no band 41 around.  Parking these on band 25 is not really ideal but maybe now they are looking at overall utilization for band 25 before they disqualify someone completely.

They're prioritizing moderate to good outdoor B25 /41  performance areas as these are generally areas where RF shadows are likely to be and the initial inventory is quite small. 

I'm aware. I just wanted to say I got it without having B41 for those who are still wondering if they will get approved without B41.

• Like 2

I received a call.  888 sprint number.  they left a voicemail since coverage was a problem and my phone did not ring.  I think the declines are being sent emails instead so they dont have to deal with the whining over the phone. ;)

Thanks.  I will keep an eye out.  The number that called was local and did not leave a message.  I bet they want me to come in and trade my current iPhone for a 7 on a lease program...  Ummm.... NO!!!.  I will buy the new 8 (or whatever they decide to call it) at an Apple store sometime after it is released.

Got my call!  Approved for Magic Box!   Call came from a typical Sprint number:   (888) 211-47**  

I'm on a fringe B41 ...only get it early in morning or late at night indoors...    Agent said it will be sent in "the fall time"... will call again before it's shipped.

• Like 1

All these acceptance calls/emails from people without B41 are a little discouraging when I'm in San Antonio with moderate to decent B41 available and I was denied :unsure: guess I'll wait and try again later when they are more available

• Like 1

Still waiting on a phone call. I think I applied on the 2nd day.

I applied the first day within about an hour after it was announced and just got a call today.

• Like 1

i got my acceptance call about a month ago, nothing since then

So I got a call just now that I was approved for the MagicBox. I have some decent coverage at my house.

My question is - Can I hookup the MagicBox to a different location. My cabin get some LTE coverage but not the best. Think we get band 25 half the time and the other half 3G

So I got a call just now that I was approved for the MagicBox. I have some decent coverage at my house.

My question is - Can I hookup the MagicBox to a different location. My cabin get some LTE coverage but not the best. Think we get band 25 half the time and the other half 3G

If it has a B25 or B41 connection and it's within Sprint coverage area then it'll work. 

• Like 1

How will I be able to tell if it has B25 or B41 connection?

By you physically connecting to it with your phone at said location. If your phone can then the MB can. 

RedSpark posted this in the Marcelo thread, but I figure it ought to be posted here too :

https://twitter.com/guengott68/status/887380940208656385

BTW, Guenther, if you are reading this, I think you are a great Sprint employee representing the company and it was awesome of you to publicly recognize S4GRU on your Twitter account.

Also as I mentioned in my post there in the Marcelo thread, Guenther, you'd make a great wireless carrier C.E.O. one day, and I hope you will be!

• Like 2

Checking in from NOLA. Got my magic box call saying I was approved with no B41 in my immediate area. A tower local to me should get the B41 upgrade in the next 60 days so I may be able to latch on to that.

• Like 5

I applied for the Magic Box the day it was announced and just received the call this afternoon. They left a voicemail saying that I am eligible and that they will be contacting me again via phone or email before the MB ships this fall. My area has Band 41 all over. I receive a B41 signal inside my house even though the two sites closest to me are not yet B41 accepted.

• Like 1

I applied for the Magic Box the day it was announced and just received the call this afternoon. They left a voicemail saying that I am eligible and that they will be contacting me again via phone or email before the MB ships this fall. My area has Band 41 all over. I receive a B41 signal inside my house even though the two sites closest to me are not yet B41 accepted.

So---tell us why you need a magic box.  You already have B-41 in your home and it sounds like it is going to get even better. Am I missing something?

• Like 1