Official Magic Box discussion thread

lilotimz

Unique gci & pci.

GCI starts 0E and PCI is in the high 400s and 500s range

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Gotcha, does it just use one PCI?  

Well it is for display purpose since they didn't even set it up properly. It's still on the setup page!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Does anyone have pics of what the display screen looks like when its set up. Surprised it had a display screen.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Does anyone have pics of what the display screen looks like when its set up. Surprised it had a display screen.

Some of the icons changed on the most recent software update. But otherwise, yeah, Tim's article sums it up. There's not much to the UI, it's pretty basic. 3 icons you can tap (GPS, relay, and LTE broadcast status) and an overflow menu with an about screen, reboot, and reset.0d820240b7d7ad101a040c25db2b3c79.jpg6d86d967604b9d3644c5bd40cdafda94.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still waiting on my call. Hopefully I hear something back this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Email I got recently:

Hi there,

Thank you for your interest in Sprint Magic Box. We are thrilled so many people are excited about this new technology that we announced in early May!

You're important to us and we are thoroughly reviewing your request to ensure Magic Box will enhance your data service. Once we determine if a Sprint Magic Box will benefit you, we will call or email you to communicate next steps. You should hear from us in the coming weeks.

We are prioritizing Magic Box distribution based on certain criteria and will begin shipping to eligible customers late this Summer. Please visit sprint.com/magicboxupdates for the latest status on Magic Box eligibility and shipments.

Thanks again for your interest in Sprint Magic Box.

Sincerely,
Sprint

• Like 3

I got the same email today too. I'm in the Shentel market so I'm interested to see if they deploy them here or if I get denied since I'm not in a Sprint owned market.

Same here.  With late summer being mentioned for shipping, may we will get the latest updated box?

We all may be better off if we get the latest magic box.  Surely since they will be releasing this newer box, you would think they found something to add or improve.

True.  Just wonder what the requirements Sprint has to qualify.  I do have two b41 sites within a mile of my home but cannot connect to a usable signal due to topography. 

The magic box is not going to be of much value unless you can capture some B-41 from a local cell site. In my case, I do have B-41 outside at a decent level and speed, but it will not show up inside my home.  My B-26 is congested. Band 25 is a little better most of the time but does get slow at times. In General, most of the neighborhood has no band 41 at all, but my home is slightly elevated, So that helps me some but not enough to bring Band 41 inside.  I hope they call me so they can understand the situation. My residence can grab the b-41 when others in the area probably can not.  If I can get the B-41 with a magic box, many neighbors will benefit.  I would think that the magic box could grab a B-41 signal inside a window when my Galaxy S-7 can not quite hold onto it.

Can these boxes daisy chain off each other? ie, in Chamb's situation, could homes lower and a bit further in his hood catch his Magic Box signal and repeat it?? Not sure I've read much about that possibility. 

Can these boxes daisy chain off each other? ie, in Chamb's situation, could homes lower and a bit further in his hood catch his Magic Box signal and repeat it?? Not sure I've read much about that possibility. 

I would guess that this is unlikely. They would probably only allow the magic box to connect to a standard Sprint Cell site. This could turn into a real circus if one magic box could latch onto another magic box. While I do not really know for sure, I have enough experience in this field to be nervous about any uncontrolled daisy chain.

• Like 1

True.  Just wonder what the requirements Sprint has to qualify.  I do have two b41 sites within a mile of my home but cannot connect to a usable signal due to topography. 

The unspoken requirement is they need to believe you are capable of receiving an band 41 signal through a window in the structure based on RF analysis. If you currently aren't getting band 41 at any place in your home the odds of getting a magic box for the time being aren't great.

No, must be a signal from a Macro site.

Sent from my LG G5

• Like 1